October 2012 Code Watch!

My concern is that there won't be many discounts for fall next year. I worry that Disney knows people will flock to the new Fantasyland in droves and why give discounts when they will come even if they have to pay full price. I hate to be a negative nellie but I am planning a trip Oct. 2012 and have no expectations of any type of discount. I am preparing for worst sticker shock and praying for pixie dust!

We are planning for October 2012. Hoping for Grand Floridian or Poly. Family of 5 so we have no choice, no pin, no deluxe.

Haven't been to DW since 2007, did a Disney Cruise 2009. How do you get these pins/codes? I read the sticky but still don't understand it.

I'm told it's random. No one knows for sure how someone gets a pin. Some people get several. Others (like me) never get one at all.

We just decided to make a trip to Disney in Oct 2012. Keeping an eye out for a discount, glad this thread is here.

Subscribing! We have a trip coming up in Feb... but we have APs and we would like to go again in Oct. So hopefully there will be some sort of discount. :goodvibes.

We are just planning our first family trip to Disney in Oct 2012. As much as I've read so far, does not sound like the one week that we want to go ever has any special offers or discounts:sad: Hoping that all the subscribing and interest will help get a pin. Who knows?! All I can do is hope - or change my week! Sounds like Oct is getting to be more of a popular time.

There is another October code watch thread and a bunch of people got pin codes for October a week or two ago...I wasn't one of them. :sad2:

I am also traveling in October 2012.... Anyone know when we will start seeing discount packages? I am also new to this website, so any information would be helpful!

I read that some go a discount too... I'm from the US haven't gotten anything or seen any discounts, argh! Fingers crossed!

A couple of weeks ago I got some mail from Disney Destinations with a discount code for AKV and WL. I was so excited. I called the TA with the code and he called me back saying that my discount with him was better... I had a hard time believing that, but I said okay and hung up. (On a side note, I'm not all the thrilled with this TA at all. The TA I've used for all our past WDW trips has disappeared off the planet and the agency says nothing, other than she won't be back. She knew WDW inside and out and worked very hard at getting us discounts. The new guy knows nadda, and it really makes me uneasy.) Anyway, as of today, due to other reasons, we've decided to stay at another resort. I'll be called the new TA tomorrow to change from WL to POFQ. My DD wants to go back to POFQ. Sigh. I'm still hoping that in the near future we'll still get some kind of code, either for a discount or maybe free dining.

How do you get the codes or pins? I am surprising my daughter for her bday in October.
Thanks!

A couple of weeks ago I got some mail from Disney Destinations with a discount code for AKV and WL. I was so excited. I called the TA with the code and he called me back saying that my discount with him was better... I had a hard time believing that, but I said okay and hung up. (On a side note, I'm not all the thrilled with this TA at all. The TA I've used for all our past WDW trips has disappeared off the planet and the agency says nothing, other than she won't be back. She knew WDW inside and out and worked very hard at getting us discounts. The new guy knows nadda, and it really makes me uneasy.) Anyway, as of today, due to other reasons, we've decided to stay at another resort. I'll be called the new TA tomorrow to change from WL to POFQ. My DD wants to go back to POFQ. Sigh. I'm still hoping that in the near future we'll still get some kind of code, either for a discount or maybe free dining.
w.
It sounds like you could easily book your vacation yourself. Is there a reason you are using a TA? If it were me I'd call WDW, Good luck!! edited to add: just realized this was an old post.

How do you get the codes or pins? I am surprising my daughter for her bday in October.
Thanks!

Folks are hoping for some fall discounts on the WDW site sometime soon, but nothing yet. No guarantees, either. I keep an eye on the WDW site on the special offers page. (And here is well.)

Some folks have gone to the WDW booking site, selecting a few vacation dates, and saved them after creating an account. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/
click on create an account if you haven't already.

Sometimes they will get a % off code or free dining emailed to them. Make sure you've updated your profile, allowed email from WDW.
You're watching the right board for news when it breaks. Here's hoping you'll have some good luck!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter