• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2010

disneycat_f2008

Mouseketeer
Ok this is one of my first post on here :goodvibes

Ok so me & my husband have deceided to go back to Disney in October 2010, we went there last year in April on our honeymoon & now want to go back & re live the magic.

I thought i'd start a planning journal as we haven't deceided on much yet apart from the month we are going & was hoping some people could help out as I have never been out to Florida or Disney in October before only every been on April/May time. I may have a few questions to ask?

We haven't deceied whether we are staying on site or off site yet, i'm hoping to stay on site this time as never done it before. Can anyone recemmonmend a cheap hotel to go to on site?

I'm looking at also doing some Character meals as we have never done them before & thats something that I really want to look at for this trip.

Hiya honey :hug:

The cheapest hotels onsite at disney are the allstars resorts. There are lots of threads on the boards that will give you loads of information and photos about them :thumbsup2

You'll also find lots of info about the different restuarants and meals at disney too. I'll try and find you some of the links :thumbsup2

hey hun :hug:

Thank you for that I am really hoping to stay at disney this time as the past two times I have stayed off site so I am really looking at staying on site this time :)

Still getting used to these boards they are just great thanks for send me the link :banana:

Thank you for those links I will read up on them :)

I can see me spending alot of time planning this trip unlike my other 2 trips where we just kind of went with when we got out there, I want to have some sort of plan of what we are doing this time :)

Ok so I have really started to throw my self into the planning & have started to look at things before we look at booking our holiday for October 2010 :goodvibes

Trying to get my hubby to book into disney for the whole time we are going to stay out there is looking to be impossible as he is not as mad about disney as me so I am looking at doing a split stay to get the best of both worlds :dance3: Has anyone else ever done this? can anyone recommed any hotels to stay in? plus is easy to switch between hotels?

Plus looking at what to do this time as it will be our second trip out there (we went to disney on our honeymoon last year) so we are looking at going to few places that we didn't do last time Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Centre, a trip back to Universal to see the new Harry Potter World :wizard: & hubby wants to do a two day trip down to Miami. I also want to do one of the disney water parks but not sure which one to doe, is there one which is better than the other or are they both as good as the other.

Plus we want to do all the Halloween bits that they do at Disney over October which is one of the main reason that we are going in October :)

I'm not sure how we are going to do everything in 16 days but i'm sure will do it :)

Hiya! How's the planning going?

I'm sure you'll be able to fit lots in in 16 days :thumbsup2

Halloween is wonderful, you'll love it!! You must do the MNSSHP :wizard: Now I think about, depending on when ur going the epcot food & wine festival might be on then aswell!!

We love universal too :love: Havent been to the space centre yet. We did busch gardens on our last trip, it was ok - but I wouldnt go back again, maybe the fact I was ill the day we went didnt really help :confused3 If you like big rides and animals and dont mind lots of walking then you'll love it :) It's definately something to see at least once I guess :thumbsup2 We prefer sea world :goodvibes

A couple of days in miami sounds great!! :yay:

Good luck with the planning...we are planning an Oct trip ourselves! The best water park for us is Blizzard beach....ots of great rides and the whole melting ski resort thing is wonderful!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter