October 2010: Wizards, Pirates and Pixie Dust: *10/7/10: ready to go

Well the decorating frenzy is done; we finished up on Sunday. This is about the earliest we’ve finished in a few years. It certainly helps when everything is organized and the boxes are marked accordingly. And now we have a new outdoor shed to keep our outdoor decorations in and wont have to drag them in and out of our crawl space.:banana: And we bought a new Christmas tree (artificial). :woohoo:Our old one was at least 30 years old and just wasn’t cutting it anymore. The new one is very pretty and full and looks good with our myriads of ornaments. Zig likes lots of lights on the tree and this one looks really good with them all.:rainbow: I have also finished all my Christmas cards, although Zig is still working on hers. So all I have left to do is wrap presents and make cookies and I will be ready for Christmas. And it’s still 10 days away. There may even be time for relaxing and enjoying the season this year.

Congrats on getting your decorations up. I haven't even started mine. I need to decide if I'm even going to bother this year. It's just been crazy.

Congrats on getting your decorations up. I haven't even started mine. I need to decide if I'm even going to bother this year. It's just been crazy.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it myself. Even though we take the whole week after Thanksgiving off, it's still a huge undertaking. And it sure seems to take a whole lot longer that it used to 20 years ago. Still there's nothing like a house full of Christmas when we are done.:santa:

OK, it’s time to get excited again. :yay: We (Zig and I) each got a Pin code yesterday for 35% of moderates. Hey I think this is my first pin code :cool:(Zig has gotten them before). Can’t use it though, it only goes through June 2010. :sad1: But we are pretty sure now we are going from 10/10-18/10 (hey we will be in Disney on 10/10/10, how cool). We’ll leave home on 10/9 and get back home on 10/20, so now I can put in my vacation time request at work. :cool1:I work in the finance department of a neurology group. We are a small department and only one person can be gone at a time, so the earlier you get your time in the better. Of course, I am the senior member of the department, but it’s not always fair to pull rank. So I am making out my vacation request today. Yippee!:cheer2:

And..... I am approved! :cool1: OK the vacation time is approved, the Christmas bonus is in the bank and all is right with the (Disney)World. :love: Now if this day could move along a little faster, it would be perfect. :goodvibes

Woop woop to your time off being approved :)

Well Hello Cat, how have you been? Yes, I am more than pleased to have my time approved, that means the adventure can definitely happen now. Of course, I am still waiting for Zig to put in for her time, she'd better get that started soon.:mad: I am pretty lucky; I've been in this job for over 10 years now, and get 24 days of vacation a year, and it increases by a day every year. I figured I can now spend a whole month at Disney while on vacation and still get paid.:wizard: (Hmmmmm, no, maybe another year). How is your trip planning going?

I will probably not request my vacation time until after the first of the year. I doubt there will be a problem getting it approved. No one else in my department seems to be the excessively early planner I am.:)

Well Hello Cat, how have you been? Yes, I am more than pleased to have my time approved, that means the adventure can definitely happen now. Of course, I am still waiting for Zig to put in for her time, she'd better get that started soon.:mad: I am pretty lucky; I've been in this job for over 10 years now, and get 24 days of vacation a year, and it increases by a day every year. I figured I can now spend a whole month at Disney while on vacation and still get paid.:wizard: (Hmmmmm, no, maybe another year). How is your trip planning going?

Hello, well to say I will be glad to see the back of 2009 is an understatement the last 2 months have been rubbish so I haven't had time to plan the holiday but I plan to in the New Year once everything settles down.

Glad that you have your time booked off & I hope that Zig gets her's sorted out sometime soon, 24 days is pretty good, I hate to tell you this I get 25 days as a standard & hubby gets 26 & thats without being there for any amount of time. I would love to spend a month in Disney that would be lovely :)

Wow, 25/26 days just starting out at a job? Do you have to take them all at once, or can you just take a week or two at a time? We are still looking forward to CBR,:goodvibes just have to find some time to get a handle on the newest discounts; here's hoping we get some good ones for October too.

Wow, 25/26 days just starting out at a job? Do you have to take them all at once, or can you just take a week or two at a time? We are still looking forward to CBR,:goodvibes just have to find some time to get a handle on the newest discounts; here's hoping we get some good ones for October too.

Hubby gets the better deal he can take his whenever he wants, I have to take 2 weeks together (10 days) but thats not to bad. I'm looking forward to getting into the planning again in the new year going to make 2010 our year & WDW will be a big part of that

Zig and I want to take the opportunity to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
AND MAY YOUR NEW YEAR BE FILLED WITH DISNEY MAGIC!
:rainbow:

Well, I guess it’s been awhile. Things got a bit hectic there with the holidays and now trying to get all the decorations packed away. That’s another huge undertaking. We take an 11 day vacation to get all the decorations up, then try to get them down on the weekends. Not helped by the fact I will be working every Saturday for the next 2 months. But progress is being made. Maybe we will even get some Valentine decorations up this year.

I did have time over the holidays to peruse a bit of the Unofficial Guide. I think I might go visit their touring plans site when I have a chance. Diane and I have never used a touring plan. Since we avoid most of the thrill rides it has never seemed necessary. We utilize Fastpass when necessary but most of the time the longest waits we have are for the bus. :laughing: I guess I’m just curious to see what kind of plan they would come up with for us. I’ll let you know what I find out as soon as I can find some time to get over there.

I just found your PTR! (I was hunting out more October 2010 trippers). I was interested in your discussions on US and HP. We're trying to decide if we want to take time away from WDW and check it out. We're really only interested in the HP stuff and haven't really gone offsite (other than one day trip to Kennedy Space Center), we really guard our WDW time.

How are you liking your iTouch? Have you downloaded the DIS ap? I can't get an iPhone, but was thinking about upgrading from my iPod to an iTouch just to keep all my info in one place. I'd be interested in hearing what apps you use frequently.

Jane

I just found your PTR! (I was hunting out more October 2010 trippers). I was interested in your discussions on US and HP. We're trying to decide if we want to take time away from WDW and check it out. We're really only interested in the HP stuff and haven't really gone offsite (other than one day trip to Kennedy Space Center), we really guard our WDW time.

How are you liking your iTouch? Have you downloaded the DIS ap? I can't get an iPhone, but was thinking about upgrading from my iPod to an iTouch just to keep all my info in one place. I'd be interested in hearing what apps you use frequently.

Jane

Well Hello Jane! and Welcome!:goodvibes I know what you mean about the HP stuff being the main reason to go to US. I keep looking at their attractions and not finding a whole lot I want to do. Of course, that doesnt mean I wont find something to keep me occupied for two days there!;)
I am definitely liking my iTouch. I have 4 Disney related apps on it, Mouse Memos, Park hours, Dining and another one I cant remember right now. I'm really liking the hours and the dining, which has menus and prices. So now, if I'm standing in the middle of HS and trying to decide where i want to eat, I can pull out my Touch and check menus on the fly. Very handy.:woohoo: But I am ashamed to say that the app I am currently using the most is Solitaire. Very handy to have when you are waiting at the doctor's office. :lmao: According to Zig, we should be making our resort reservations early next month. Then I guess we are waiting til April for the ADRS, still trying to iron those out.

Jane

:welcome: Jane. I see you will be arriving shortly before we do. We guard our WDW time very jealously too. I’m not happy unless I have at least 6 days at the parks, which is why we are taking a longer trip this time. I have to admit that my main reason for the US trip is Harry Potter. The Harry Potter Exhibition in Chicago just whet my appetite. There were so many exquisite details that you just can't catch in the movies, like the intricacies of the Marauder’s Map, the desk accessories in Umbrage’s office and the embroidery on the bedclothes. I can't think of too many other things I would rather do than spend time in Hogwarts Castle. Since the Art Director for the film is working with Universal to create the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I’m sure we will see those details reflected in the new attractions. What are you most looking forward to seeing there? Besides Hogwarts Castle I am looking forward to lunch at the Three Broomsticks.

We haven’t been to US in almost 20 years so we are taking 2 days this trip. I doubt it will take us that long to get through both parks since we will avoid the thrill rides. But I want plenty of time to savor Potterland. In fact I hope we can spend most of our second day there. Right now we are planning to eat at the Three Broomsticks that day so we can take our time and enjoy the atmosphere without feeling the need to rush off to the next attraction. If you are just interested in HP you could probably get by with one day. We don't think we will spend the whole second day there so we are sprining for an extra day's park hopper for the evening.

OK,I have submitted my PTO request for our October dates.:woohoo: I'm not anticipating any problem getting it approved. Now I need to get to work on that calendar so we can start penciling in tentative plans.

Hey, signed up for the new Disney Planning DVD today. :woohoo: Not that we really need it but it helps get me in the mood. Been spending a lot of time lately thinking about the drive down there. :drive: That's mostly my responsibility since we will be taking my RAV again. I have got to try to get the calendar printed today so we can start making plans. I see some of the EMH days have been switched around so we may have to wait for the official park hours before we can finalize anythng. We are waiting on the MNSSHP schedule as well.

Yes, I have been loading apps on my iTouch like there is no tomorrow. Mostly hotel look up info, so we can have an idea of where to stop on the way down. Trouble is, they all need a wifi connection:confused:, so i guess I'll have to find the info the old fashioned way, by internet. I do have my Park Hours and Restaurant guide ready though. I like the Restaurant guide, it gives the whole menu, so if you want a hamburger, you know you shouldn't go to Columbia Harbor House. It will come in handy when i am standing in front of some CS trying to read the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter