• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2010!! Lets Plan Together!!

Girl! you are about to fall in love all over again! Our first WDW trip was a couple years ago and stayed at the Poly. You are going to be spoiled with the beautiful resort, the convenience of the monorail and will find it hard to ever settle on another place to stay in the future. You and your family are going to have an absolute blast! Enjoy!

We are going Oct 9-16! This will be our 1st family trip to Disney. (I went once in college, but didn't appreciate it) My family includes myself, hubby, son-9 & daughter-7.

We are staying at All-Star Sports.

Our dining reservations include

Crystal Palace breakfast
'Ohana dinner
Akershus Princess breakfast
Le Cellier dinner
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner

Any newbie tips are appreciated.

Is pool time a sure thing in October? Are the pools heated? I am worried we will only be left with time to swim in the evenings & it will be too chilly?

We will be going Oct. 2nd through Oct. 9th, I am SO excited. I'm going with my mom who hasn't been to Disney since 1992 and also my aunt, uncle, and two cousins ages 5 and 7....none of which have ever been.

We are staying at All Star Movies, but possibly upgrading to either Coronado Springs or Caribbean, not sure yet if we'll do it or not though

Our ADS's are for...

Chef Mickey's - breakfast
50's Prime Time Cafe - dinner
Donald's Safari Breakfast - breakfast....duh lol
Rose and Crown - dinner during Illuminations....SO excited
Whispering Canyon Cafe - dinner not really looking forward to it, but my family wants it.
Boma - breakfast....my absolute favorite breakfast at my favorite hotel!!!!
Sci-Fi Dine-In - lunch
O'hana's - breakfast, never been and really looking forward to this one.

DH and I will be going October 26-November 2, staying at ASMu. Got a 30% off pincode.
I went almost the exact same time last year.
We're more than likely going to do MNSSHP on 11/1.
Perhaps doing the KTTK tour.
We're not big into ADR's, as I'm too picky for most TS places and I don't like having to plan my day around them, but I'm thinking maybe a breakfast at Tusker House one day. DH wants to try Sci Fi.

I think that's all we've got planned so far!
I'm so pumped!! :cool1:

We are going Oct. 25 to Nov. 3, there will be 7 of us, myself, DH, DS and his girlfriend, DD and her best friend and her best friends mother. We are all excited, hoping to stay at the POP. :cheer2:

We're coming down October 29th till Nov 6th. Got our adr s set and possibly tghinking of mnsshp on Nov 1 as well. We did get Hopper passes but mainly because we will be eating 4 TS meals at Epcot. Cannot wait to get there. Isn't it October yet? LOL

Used 40% pin for Club Level Yacht Club October 22-29!
No meal plan cause all the places we want to eat are Signature or not on the Plan at all!
Also booked MNSSHP 10/28!

Thank you!
We have never been to WDW before, but we wanted a special and family / small person friendly place to get married and for all of us to havea great holiday too!
We are SOOOOOO excited, we just faxed our final choices for wedding things through to DFTW, so it's all coming together!
We had read so much on here about being sure to book ADRs, so we really went for it! (without the DIS we would haev made NONE and then been annoyed when we couldn't just get walk ups!)
Lx

I will be there Sept 30- Oct 3rd!! I am going on a Disney cruise beforehand or else I would be there all week. We are staying at POR! Cant wait! 121 more days!!!!!!!

Hey!!! Im super super excited that I found this board!! Its Amazing!! Me and My family will be going to WDW Oct 17-21...I want to leave now! I have went once when I was about 12..I only really remember a few things like..TOT!! My mother took my son last Oct for his first trip,I had to work..sO I missed it!! My mom and her husband just got back last week from WDW for ther Annv. Now we are all going in Oct!! There with be me,my fiance,3 kids,my mom and step dad,and possiably my brother!! I stayed up all night figuring out our Dining Plan!! If I could leave now,i would!! I look forward to planning with all of you!!!

Is it October YET???????????????

So excited, we are doing our BCV/BWV split stay/first DVC stay October 14th-18th. Last time we had 6 nights of deluxe dining and about 15 ADRs this time DH and I each got to choose one ADR (and no repeats allowed from the last trip)

we will be doing Cape May Clam bake Oct 14th
and O'hana October 16th
also probably a late lunch at The Fountain before MNSSHP on Oct 17th

Otherwise it will be a lot of Food and Wine at Epcot for us and some nice small lunches by the pool:umbrella:

It is okay though because we will be going back for our week long stay at AKV, concierge level, in January which involves the usual insane amount of ADRs

OK I just checked and I don't see that I have posted to this thread before so I am joining in!

We will be at CSR from 10/19 - 10/29! No DDP, but we will be going to MNSSHP on 10/19 and again on 10/26! We are so excited! 144 days to go! :woohoo::woohoo:

These are our current ADRs but I'm obsessed with my Passporter and I keep making changes so we'll see what actually happens come October!

Breakfasts:
Captain's Grille
Kona Cafe
Cape May Cafe
Tusker House
Grand Floridian Cafe
The Wave

Lunches:
Kona Cafe
Nine Dragons

Dinners:
Paradiso 37
San Angel Inn
Mama Melrose's
Yak & Yeti
The Plaza
Hollywood & Vine
Jiko
T-Rex
Biergarten
Ohana

Plus we'll be snacking our lives away at the F & W Festival! I'm so looking forward to the empanadas and the dragonberry coladas at the San Juan, PR booth!! :love:

Oh, and we currently have a 35% discount applied that I got through a PIN email, but I'm waiting patiently for the military discounts to be announced!

We are going for DD's 4th bithday and first visit to WDW. We will be there the 20-23rd and are staying at the CR-CL. I am so excited for her, our baby girl is going too, but she'll only be 8 months at the time so we're going to give her a do over for her first real visit. :D

We've never stayed on site since both DH and I grew up in Florida, so that will be a new expereince for us. Can not wait.

Huh. I thought I'd already posted to this thread, but I guess not. We'll be in Orlando from October 1-9. It's the first Disney trip for all of us, and we'll be there for DD7's 8th birthday.

We're heading to Orlando on October 1, and spending one night at Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) so that we can get early entry and FOTL for WWoHP. We're just doing the one day at Universal, and then moving to the Poly-CL. We're at the Poly from the 2nd-8th, and then at the Swan for one night (because the PIN for the Poly wasn't good for the night of the 8th, and I could get a room at the Swan with Starwood points).

The Poly IPO has been great, and got all of our requested ADRs within about 15 minutes of our requested times. So far, plans include:

Breakfast:
Cinderella's Royal Table
(We'll do the rest of our breakfasts at the Poly CL)

Dinners:
'Ohana
Teppen Edo
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Boma
Akershaus (DD's birthday dinner)

We're planning on doing MNSSHP on our last night, Oct. 8. But I'm holding off on buying the tickets. I want to get closer and see what the weather is looking like - we really want to go, but that's a lot of money to spend if it ends up being a rain-soaked evening.

The kids know nothing about any of this. The whole trip is a surprise, and we're not revealing it until we wake them up to head to the airport early in the morning on October 1.

We will be at BCV from Oct. 23-31st!!! Sooooo excited. We have visited in January for the past few yrs and have never been in October. We are looking forward to F&W and aren't sure about MNSSHP yet. The cost would be high for our large family (we have 4 kids) and I doubt that we could stay very long since we have little ones. I don't think we would get our money's worth.

Here are our ADR's:
Dinners:
Captain's Grille (probably will cancel and go to Big River at the Boardwalk)
The Wave
O'hana
Le Cellier
Biergarten
San Angel Inn
Les Chefs de France
Coral Reef

Lunches:
Rose and Crown
TRex

We can't WAIT!!!!!

hey all:goodvibes

i am humbled by the hard-core planners on this thread;)planning on plowing thru the thread later today.

we'll be @ BLT from Sunday 10/3 thru Thursday 10/7, then over to the Portofino for 3 days:banana:

im still finalizing plans for upcoming cruise (such a slacker planning things this year for some reason:guilty:) then plan on coming back with a vengance to get Oct trip squared away!

So far, i have all the dining ADRs made (if i can find the email confirmations:rolleyes1) and leaning toward just buying MNSSHP tix when we arrive vs the slight advance purchase discount.

we've run into rain before & were able to change the tix to later in the week on past trips. jmho, it's safer to wait for 10 day forecast then decide, as im not sure if the switch-accommodation is still offered @ the gates.:confused: Believe the 1/2 marathon is giving out free tix to the party on 10/3 too, probably will be crowded.:confused3

We're going the last week of October. This will be our first time in a moderate resort, and we're trying QS instead of regular dining. We're also going to try going without park hoppers to save some money.

I'm having a really hard time setting up our itinerary because I want to avoid Epcot on Friday and the weekend. Fantasmic is only showing twice. And, MNSSHP is several times a week, taking away 2 hours of MK time.

Anybody have any advice on what days to pick which park because of all the craziness?

We're going the last week of October. This will be our first time in a moderate resort, and we're trying QS instead of regular dining. We're also going to try going without park hoppers to save some money.

I'm having a really hard time setting up our itinerary because I want to avoid Epcot on Friday and the weekend. Fantasmic is only showing twice. And, MNSSHP is several times a week, taking away 2 hours of MK time.

Anybody have any advice on what days to pick which park because of all the craziness?

Looks like we will be going the same time and I was having the same problem planning which days where. We will be there Oct. 25 - Nov. 3 and this is what I came up with:

25: We arrive :woohoo:
26: Waterpark during the day with MNSSHP at night
27: Free day due to late night on 26th
28: DHS, the only night we can do, that has Fantasmic.
29: Free day
30: AK, I read on one of the disboards that a park will be less crowded the
after it had EMH. So I figure with AK closing at 5, I wanted to make
sure I followed that tip.
31: Waterpark during day followed by DTD at night. Read somewhere they
have stuff going on DTD for trick or treating (someone correct me if I
am wrong)
1: Epcot
2: MK
3: Home :sad:

Just got back from 8 wonderful days at BLT last week. Just booked a nice long weekend for October 14-18!!! So excited. I couldn't wait another year for our annual trip and with ton's of left over points and cheap airfare how could I not??! Any suggestions what to do. We will only go to the parks 1 maybe 2 days we are there. Looking for a relaxing time. Maybe resort hopping to see the other places?? Who knows, Im just so happy to be going back!!:cool1::banana:pixiedust::jumping3:

Going with partner/bf/whatever you want to call him from 10/24-10/30. Staying at AKL with a 40% off PIN and 6-day park hoppers.

Currently, we're planning on MNSSHP on 10/26 and have reservations at the following restaurants:

• Garden Grill (dinner)
  • Le Cellier (lunch)
  • Boma (breakfast)
  • Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
  • Le Chefs de France (dinner)
  • Tusker House (lunch)

Because we kind of do the parks military-style, we avoid table-service dinners since we usually can't stomach that much food at the end of the day.

I'm thinking about looking into booking (a surprise) the Segway Tour at Epcot. If anyone has done this, could you please share your thoughts?

*sigh*

Why am I more excited about my October vacation than my summer vacation to NC with my family in July?

:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter