October 2009

brandi~momof3

Mouseketeer
we had to cancel our trip during free dining in Sept. of this year, but my parent's wanted to go next year (they have a time share). So we picked a week that the kids have off 2 days of school (for the MD State Teacher Convention)so they will only miss 3 days. It is Oct. 10-17, 2009.
In 10 trips I have never been in October before. We have been mostly in the summer (May-August) and in 2007 at Easter. How are the crowds during that time of year? The Monday is Columbus Day, does that effect anything? Here in MD kids don't have off of school for that, do they elsewhere?
Thanks in advance for any advice :)

October is our favorite time to go. We will also be there October 2009! Can't wait... At any rate, the weather is still warm enough to go swimming, but the crowds are not bad. I think they surge a little around Columbus Day, and towards Halloween, but I think your dates should be fine.

Wisconsin has their state teachers' convention the last Thursday & Friday of October every year, so that shouldn't have an effect for you!

I will also be there in October '09!

October is also my favorite time to go . . . for many of the reasons offered above. The waether is still hot - but not smoldering as it is in the Summer. Great for swimming and water parks.

Crowds are lighter than summer but still buzzing. Kids are back in school, and pretty early in, so parents hesitate to take them out for a Disney week just yet.

EPCOT holds it annual Food and Wine which is a can't miss attraction! I just love WS during F&W!! EPCOT gets crowded on the weekends as the locals pour in for F&W, so use those days at MK, DHS or AK.

I guarantee you will love October at the World . . .:banana:

Another big oct/nov fan. Nice weather, light crowds, food and wine festival and the Halloween party! How could it get better?

I think you will come to be a BIG fan of October at The World :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter