October 2007 Ressie

jaurban

DIS Veteran
What are the chances of getting a studio in October tfor 3 or 4 nights to go to one of the MNSSHP on a Sunday? We are new DVC members, and were originally planning a May 2008 longer trip - but now might invite BIL and family and would have to go in August 2008. So, I thought we could do a quick trip this October and take DD4 to the MNSSHP - but, of course, we have no ressies at all, since this just came up.

This could be difficult. F&WF books up the DVC resorts pretty early on. You might try OKW or SSR. Call MS on Monday and see what they say.

We are going in Oct/Nov as well but we already booked at the 11 month window because of Food and Wine Festival. If I were you I would call immediately to reserve a studio and just ask the Member Services agent to look at ANY of the DVC resorts at WDW. You may get lucky and find something the same day you call, or you may have to wailist for 1 or 2 days of your stay. But, definitely call right away!!!!

As I suspected, essentially nothing open during those times. I need the weekedn as I am trying to minimize vacation days from work and wanted a studio since the time there would be short. They had a studio or 1BR at VWL for the Sat, but not for Sun or Mon. I did not book it yet, but wondered what the wait list chances would be for that. (Oct 13 - 15). I could get a SSR 1BR for that time period, or a SSR studio for Sept. 29 - Oct. 1 (Sa - Tu). Wondered whether that location would make MNSSHP more challenging (we could get a car I guess).

Take SSR now just in case and waitlist for the other locations. You may still end up at SSR but that's a lot better than not being at WDW at all. It's my second choice, actually, right after OKW. :thumbsup2

I did it - I booked SSR 1BR - and waitlisted at VWL. I think this will be fine, and now we are going to MNSSHP!

Good luck on your waitlist, have a great short vacation.

Good luck with your waitlist! We are also waitlisted for October 17-22. I am really not expecting it to come through for us. Absolutely nothing available in a two-bedroom anywhere! Guess I learned my lesson about October vacancies!

I just canceled a studio at OKW for weekend of Oct. 19-21. Good luck!

Also canceled BCV 2 bed for Jan 4-7. Our plans suddenly changed.

There is bus service to the MK from SSR during and after MNSSHP - you won't need a car to attend.

Just joining in with my October woes. Had to recently switch our September vacation at VWL to October 13th through 20th at SSR. We needed either a 2 BR and a studio, or 3 studios.

Was only able to get 3 1 BR units at SSR, 2 units with 5 nights points and 2 nights cash, and the 3rd unit at 4 nights points and 3 nights cash.

So we're on several waitlists:
1. 5th night on points for the 3rd 1 BR unit
2. Studios for all 7 nights on points
3. Or 2 BR to replace the 2 1-BR units

Sigh. I would think we'd at least get waitlist #1 because we lost that night by seconds. It was available at the beginning of the call, and gone by the time MS went to book it. Hoping to get #3 though....

So how busy are the parks exactly in October???

We made a changes for Oct. on the 2nd gave up a studio from the 10th-14th and a 2br from the 14-19th.And changed to a 1br for the 10th-17th and had to waitlist for the 18th.We booked at the 11 month window but plans change.Who said its easy to get SSR anytime.We have gone the last 5yrs in oct and the parks are ok.Oct seems to be a busy DVC month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter