October 20, 2012, Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean-Who's with us?

Cruise Name (All will have the date in them)

• Disney Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Fantasy

• Magic, Wonder & Dreams on the Disney Fantasy

• Magical Dreams & Wonder on the Disney Fantasy

• Magical Eastern Caribbean Dreams on the Wonderful Disney Fantasy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Received our Costco Cash Card that's 8.75% of cruise cost today in mail.:cool1:
Actually maybe it is 10% without taxes, etc.

I'm just now finishing moving on land. I get more land sick than seasick. I was taking Bonine on land.:lmao:

Does anyone know if we can combine a OBB and the 25% off? TIA

Best wishes to you all and especially to those effected by Sandy on land.

:goodvibes
Disney contacted me via email and I was able to book with 10% and the 25% discounts on one booking. The discount will work for one booking only if we're all going again. I'm waiting for that great. Costco card as well! Such a great deal!

....I was able to book with 10% and the 25% discounts on one booking.

Sweeeet. We never repeat vacations, but with this... 25% off and 10% , and Costco 10% rebate, seems like a no brainier. That's some big bucks in a Cat 4. :cool1:
But maybe not if you wait for *GT rates? I couldn't ever do *GT though, schedule and such.:sad2:
Actually maybe finally we have a better rate now over *GT. Rare moment. Hard to turn down.

Still undecided though. NCL Breakaway to BDA seems irresistible IMHO. Wish I could afford both. Decisions, decisions. ;)

However, after Friday night Alaska sounds cool.;)
Can't imagine being caught out in the Atlantic during Sandy. We were so close to the the FL coast, and yet we hit rogues. I can't imagine what is was like in the middle of the gulf stream, and way out, in the Atlantic, on the way to BDA.

Did you guys see the reports from the RCCL ship to BDA? WOW.

:goodvibes

What's all this about Costco?? We're Costco people, do they give out DCL discounts? I never heard of such a thing!!

What's all this about Costco?? We're Costco people, do they give out DCL discounts? I never heard of such a thing!!

If you book with Costco as your TA, you receive an 8 - 10 % Costco Cash Card after you return. Some say you can in fact cash it in at Costco. Few TAs can come close to matching. However, DU is getting close if you spend huge bucks upstairs.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/specials.htm#sbc

This 10 % "credit" is one of the best in the business. Albeit not OBC.

Just an example, which I heard is valid.

I booked onboard [10%] , named Costco [10%] , sailed through Sandy [25%] , and reaped 45% off a cruise, sort of. :cool1:
Perhaps you could even pay with Target cards and get another 5%.:confused3 :cool1:
Forgot to ask Costco. Not sure of the min. payments allowed.
Never did learn the max gift card at Target?

I may have found a new game to keep me occupied.

;) :goodvibes

Not sure all folks saw this on the main boards, so..... I was surprised at the minor total, impressive, 1/3 of the ship.

FWIW - Fantasy 10/20 Eastern

Total ------------3344

Silver ------------1070
Gold --------------187
Platinum -----------76
Total Repeaters --1333
CM's on BS ---------21
Officer Family -------16
Concierge ----------136
Under 18 ----------1126
Non US -------------724

Bear3412 said:
If you book with Costco as your TA, you receive an 8 - 10 % Costco Cash Card after you return. Some say you can in fact cash it in at Costco. Few TAs can come close to matching. However, DU is getting close if you spend huge bucks upstairs.
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/specials.htm#sbc

This 10 % "credit" is one of the best in the business. Albeit not OBC.

Just an example, which I heard is valid.

I booked onboard [10%] , named Costco [10%] , sailed through Sandy [25%] , and reaped 45% off a cruise, sort of. :cool1:
Perhaps you could even pay with Target cards and get another 5%.:confused3 :cool1:
Forgot to ask Costco. Not sure of the min. payments allowed.
Never did learn the max gift card at Target?

I may have found a new game to keep me occupied.

;) :goodvibes

Those are some fancy savings! I wish I'd have known about the Costco thing, we didn't name anybody, we didn't see the point or benefit to a TA. Lesson learned, I guess!!

if anyone is interested I started a trip report about our 10/20 experience ... should you want a more lighthearted look at the cruise feel free to stop by. all are welcome.

It's titled Rock the Boat, Don't Tip the Boat Over. ;)

Several of you asked about the cruise right after yours, so thought I would respond. We boarded just about 3 hours late. The rooms were ready at 4:30. Sailed at 9pm. We were told we would skip Costa Maya due to late sailing, but in fact ended up skipping Grand Cayman and going to Costa Maya instead due to bad weather. Got an extra sea day instead! Love that. Overall outstanding weather. We did hear all about your trip from the crew, but you NEVER would have guessed at the damage when we boarded! everything looked perfect! Sorry you had such an experience...I was on first Hawaii and all transatlantics that some think were rough, and must say did not think any of it was bad at all! Certainly nothing compared to what I have heard and seen from your Cruise. Hope everyone takes advantage of your great discount and has a great voyage in the future!

Spiny Norman said:
Several of you asked about the cruise right after yours, so thought I would respond. We boarded just about 3 hours late. The rooms were ready at 4:30. Sailed at 9pm. We were told we would skip Costa Maya due to late sailing, but in fact ended up skipping Grand Cayman and going to Costa Maya instead due to bad weather. Got an extra sea day instead! Love that. Overall outstanding weather. We did hear all about your trip from the crew, but you NEVER would have guessed at the damage when we boarded! everything looked perfect! Sorry you had such an experience...I was on first Hawaii and all transatlantics that some think were rough, and must say did not think any of it was bad at all! Certainly nothing compared to what I have heard and seen from your Cruise. Hope everyone takes advantage of your great discount and has a great voyage in the future!

I'm glad to hear that things went a little more smoothly for you all! We still had a remarkable time, we'd do it all over again! The crew must have been SO exhausted that first day! I'm impressed that they managed such a quick turn over. We are very pleased with our discount, we'll be using to sail the double dip at Castaway Cay on October 20th of next year. Praying for smoother sailing! Thank you everyone for helping to make this trip such a memorable experience, Von and I had a blast! An engagement to remember, for sure! <3

Thank you for letting us know how your cruise went. I am glad that you great weather and what sounds like a great trip!

I was so upset seeing the damage done onboard, especially looking at pictures of the shops and lounges. So glad that the crew was able to make it like new for you. Although, I can't imagine the exhaustion that the crew must have experienced, both from the night before and repairing the ship.

I had a great time and even the last night was not very upsetting for me, even laughing at points during the night. Needless to say, we will definitely be using our discount.

Thanks again for posting.

Bear3412 said:
Thanks. Not showing up now.

It's on the DCL site! If you select "Bahamas, 5-7 nights, October 2013, Disney Magic" it's the only available cruise that lists. Gonna be a winner! And it's the very first sailing after a SIX WEEK extended dry dock, so the ship will be PERFECT, and there are bound to be new and wonderful surprises! We'll be the first to know!

Those are some fancy savings! I wish I'd have known about the Costco thing, we didn't name anybody, we didn't see the point or benefit to a TA. Lesson learned, I guess!!

We booked our ABD with Costco last year to do Viva Italia with friends. Great to get the $700 Costco card when we returned. Never thought to give our on board booking to Costco Travel. We've used another agent for our cruises, but we get only$25 OBD credit with them.

Not sure all folks saw this on the main boards, so..... I was surprised at the minor total, impressive, 1/3 of the ship.

FWIW - Fantasy 10/20 Eastern

Total ------------3344

Silver ------------1070
Gold --------------187
Platinum -----------76
Total Repeaters --1333
CM's on BS ---------21
Officer Family -------16
Concierge ----------136
Under 18 ----------1126
Non US -------------724

Is this just repeat cruisers? I was a first time cruiser, so where am I in this list?

schoen said:
Is this just repeat cruisers? I was a first time cruiser, so where am I in this list?

Hmm.. Maybe you're being counted in silver since you've now sailed, that's my guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter