• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19th Cruisers again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on you Heidi Ann, blaming your sister. But, I figure everyone including her has bought the CD/s that we bought the day after Thanksgiving and stood in line for an hour. Bonnie doesn't even get on the computer and lurk. She said she is on it all day long and doesn't want to go home and stare at it more. Guess we can understand that but..........we miss her!!

Jeanne, how do you find a tech to come out to fix your computer? I just want mine fixed soooo bad. Gosh, I am glad you are back. I really missed you!

Denine, didn't know that Ohio was so windy. I hate wind. One December the wind blew our fence down and everyone elses too. Kirklands is a store that has a lot of knick knacks. A bar cookie with bananas and pineapple? Mmmmm, yum!

Just laid Graci down. I told myself I have to wrap so I am out of here. See you on the flip side.

Hi!!

Thought I take a minute to check in. Bob and I are going shopping tonight to see if we can afford to get a wide screen TV. I have been wanting one for a couple of years. That would help me get through the depression when Bob leaves for Germany for another month :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is Jason's big day. He is asking Michelle to marry him at her band banquet. He rented a Tux and during the slide show he is going to come out with her ring and the slide asking her to marry him. puckerup:
He is so excited right now. We went shopping last night and ALL he talks about is Michelle Michelle Michelle! :rockband:

Barb

Wow, Barb. That is so neat about Jason! Love the story. You will have to tell us more after he asks. Ted and I feel that Heidi should buy US a big screen tv being she doesn't pay rent. Isn't that nice of her to agree? No, just kidding we want one but not that way. We will have to wait until one of us robs the bank. Don't go into hding when Bob leaves. We all are here for you! I was going to insert a grouphug but I guess you can't if you do a post quick reply. Oh well, you know the idea was there!

Running very late but wanted to say hello. Looks like no one was ousted in AR last night. I caught most of it but not all. Have a great day!

Later!

AR was funny yesterday....not only does my team break the rules, but they stiff the cabbies!!! I thought hell boy's GF was hilarious, I can't believe his mom cut his toe nails when he was old...yuck!!!

Where is Julie? Have we heard from her lately?

Barb - Congrats to Jason and Michelle. Let us know the details and how it all went.

I am so glad I have this friday off. I really need to get my christmas shopping completely done. Get ready mom, we are gonna be shopping maniacs on Friday.

Wow, look at all of these smilies, and the thread back ground is red now, is this a Christmas thing??? Like when Google had a sport design in their name every day during the Olympics, maybe DIS is 'decorating' the board for the season? :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :cheer2: these are SO cute! :genie: :cool1: OK, I gotta stop playing with them. I'm sure you have all seen them :blush: I'm here to say HI to you guys, not be a goofhead. So, Hi, you guys!!
I hope everybody's doing OK. Everything's just pluggin along fine here. Sad stuff, happy stuff. You know....Life stuff.
I'm trying to transfer some of my bookmarked links over to my comcast account so of course I had to move the DIS boards! It even made me re-log-in. I actually remembered my password! Wow! I know I emailed some of you, but must have missed some because I haven't heard back from very many, SO if you want to ... please update my new email address in your books. It's the same name, but @comcast.net instead of aol.
OK, gotta get back to crazy land. :space: (Boy am I looking forward to Maui)
Take care everyone. Love ya, Lori
Holiday Snowglobe <-- remember this, it still makes me laugh (because I'm a meanie) Guess I'll have to transfer this link too. :cool:

Wow, how wonderful to hear from Lori. I really miss hearing from you daily. Hope everything is going good. Yep, I do remember the snowglobe. how fun. Can I come to Maui too??

I agree Heidi. Where is Julie? She always pops out about AR time. Your team was hilarious last night. But Hell Boy? I just had to laugh at him all night. I will have to put on my new shoes for Friday and shop with you. ....and shop some more. McRib, right?

At least Susan found a bit more time to watch AR last night.

Just heard about the new gallup pole and the profession most people trust. Congratulations to our nurses. They topped the pole at number one. Car salesman was the bottom. How funny.

Have to go weigh in. See you this afternoon.

Good Morning

This is the second time I have tried to post. I never finished the first because I got busy.

Lori- You are having way to much fun with this new look!

Jason emailed me his proposal. He has it all planned what he is going to say. It made me cry it is so sweet. I will post it tomorrow once it is all over and let you know how it went. :love: puckerup:

Tonight we are going to the Trans Siberian Orchestra if I can get tickets. I have heard they are fantastic. :charac2:

Barb

Barb: Can't wait to see the proposal and hear how it went! I have also heard the Trans Siberian orchestra is good.

Lori: So good to hear from you! When do you leave for Maui?

Julie: Come out, come out wherever you are!!!!!!!

I weighed myself this morning. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Jerry is taking Kaleigh Christmas shopping tonight. I will wrap presents while they are gone.

Sandy: We nurses usually come out on top. Too bad the pay doesn't. Oh well, you couldn't stick me at a desk job for anything!

I can't wait to hear more about the proposal. We want all the details.

Good to see Lori post. We have missed her here on our little board.

I wish Bonnie would take a few minutes to post. I really miss her here on the board. She used to be my morning coffee buddy and now I drink alone:sad:.
Miss you, Bonnie!!

Paul is leaving to work out of town today through next Thursday evening. He will meet us in Greensboro this weekend for Turner's hockey games. We will leave for Florida the day after he gets back. This will be an insane week. Here is a taste of my next week:
Tonight - hockey practice
Friday evening - basketball practice
Saturday - take Stanley to the kennel, go to Turner's basketball game, immediately after the game leave for Greensboro in time to make the first hockey game
Sunday - hockey games then leave and come home stopping off at Nascar Speedpark for a birthday party
Monday - pick Stanley up from kennel, hockey practice
Tuesday - board meeting
Wednesday - school Chrstmas program and hockey practice
Thursday - Paul comes home and the laundry and packing frenzy begin
Friday - drop Stanley off at kennel, leave for Florida!!!
Somewhere in all of that is work for me and school for Turner and meals! Thankfully the Christmas shopping is all done!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Later!

Calgon take me away!!!

Good morning all. Nothing new.

WOW, Susan. Sure wish you didn't just sit around all day! Why don't you try adding something to your empty schedule?? lol It is funny how you mention Bonnie and you being coffee buddys. I was just thinking about that. You both used to write a lot during that time. Miss it!

Denine, did you get that wrapping done? I am still working at it. I don't want to push it off until the weekend but I might have to. Everything is in boxes and organinzed. I just need to wrap. On Tues when I tried, I think it was too noisy for Graci during her nap. If I wait and do it when she is awake she will want to help and I am not in for abuse!

Barb, soooooo, how did it go for Jason yesterday?

Wow Susan, busy enough? How do you have time to eat, sleep and bathe?

Hi Lori - still waiting for a margarita meet with you.

Barb - we are all dying to here about the proposal....please please please post soon, I am not good at waiting.

Okay Bonnie, Jeanne, Julie, and Faith have all disappeared. Come back, come back. I see a wine chat in our future!!!

Yea today is my last day of work for the week. Time to shop tomorrow and wrap on Saturday!!! I hope to have all my christmas chores done by this weekend!!!!

Heidi, does that mean that you aren't going to help Dad and I wash and wax the truck and Suburban? By the way, HI, I see you are on.

Good morning.....

Sounds like everyone is busying with Christmas preparations.....I am still dragging out decorations and am a little more in the mood.....trying not to think about putting it all away.

You would have to know Jason to appreciate his proposal.....he is a very romantic kid and has put a lot of thought into how he was going to do it. He just adores Shelly and thinks the sun rises and sets in her. He has written a song, words and lyrics, and recorded it for her. He has written a story about their romance...the setting was a knight and his love. Very imaginative and cute. He has loved her since high school.....you can't talk to him for over 5 minutes until he is talking about her. They are perfect for each other...enjoy life and each other to the fullest. They are both really great kids!

He really is.... Jaymee and Tiffany said they are looking for someone like Jason to marry because they think he is so great. That is something coming from his sisters. I forgot to say he not only wrote the song for her he sang and played the guitar on the recording. I only have four grandsons and they all are really special and I might add romantic which I can assure you they did not get from their grandfather....lol. His idea of being romantic is buying a bunch of flowers from the corner salesperson every l0 or so years....but I love him to death anyway.

I hope Jason anD Shelly are as happy as they are now 50 years from now. Jerry and I still are after 13! :love:

I just talked to Julie. Their laptop died and life has been chaos as usual. She has just been too tired to post after a very long day.

Kaleigh is busy breaking my Christmas ornments and I am busy repairing them. She also ate all the raisins off my gingerbread men that were at her height. The problem is they are at least 3 years old! :crazy2:

I have all but 3 presents wrapped. I need Jerry to help me since they are big. He needs to wrap what he bought for me.

Sue: When do you have time to go to the loo? Enjoy Florida!

Heidi: Have fun Christmas shopping and wrapping.

Nothing else going on.

Hi all!

This is Jason's proposal

Once in a lifetime, someone comes along who is so special, that they change the face of music history forever. Lets take a look at the nominee’s for best new Drum Major.

‘Twas the night of the banquet in December 04

But lets start at the beginning, about seven years before

I met the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen

But she was not quite the age of consent, and I was 18

So I bottled my feelings and hid them away

In hope’s that circumstances would be appropriate someday

She’s still the most wonderful person that I’ve ever met

For the gift of just friendship I’m forever in debt
Her eyes—how they twinkle, like the sea at twilight

And as blue as the sky, if the lightings just right

Some years later, I learned of a crush

And with all the poise I could muster, I stuttered and blushed

I wanted to pursue but I was sent overseas

To spend a year serving the Americans, amongst the Chinese

(Okay, it was South Korea but for the sake of poetry…)

15 time zones away, I kept my heart penned

But never lost touch with my dearest friend

Much to my surprise, I received a short note

Laced with confessions and from which I quote

“Do you like me, circle Yes or No”

To which I wrote “Maybe” cause I’m a playa fo sho

Still to my amazement, and by the grace of God

She and I became an item while I was abroad

That day marked the start of a life filled with bliss

She’s shown me more love than I thought exists

In a world of unknowns, one things concrete

With her by my side, my life is complete

For just shy of a decade, you have been my best friend, and the past year has been the most wonderful of my life. As cliché as it sounds, you have made me happier than I ever thought possible. I have come to realize that I can’t live without you, and I would be honored if you would accept this ring.

I haven't gotten all the details of how it went, I do know Michelle said yes.

She cried but Jason didn't which surprises me because he is really sensitive.

The slide that he had did not say "Will you marry me" like I thought it was a picture of Jason and Michelle they had taken together at a wedding they went to last summer.

Trans Siberian Orchestra was fantastic last night. We really enjoyed it. :rockband: Nothing like I expected.

Barb

Wait to go Jason, what an awesome proposal. Congrats to them both. How exciting and how romantic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter