• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19, 2008 4 day Bahama - anyone else?

OMG!! You guys haven't started packing yet!!!:scared1:

Are there going to be necked people on our boat??? :rotfl:

I think I am now getting past the stages of worry to "slap happy" about this trip.

That's the point we just start throwing "stuff" into the suitcase!

Can't forget the boxing gloves and camera if "Big Red" shows up. This is really going to be an interesting vacation!

Right now looking forward to the Bahama Mama's---when are they 2 for 1? And such a shame I'm by myself and will have to drink BOTH of them! :hippie:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Who will be the last one of us to leave for the boat?

We aren't leaving till Saturday morning. Flying out of Indy around noonish!

Who ever is the last one out should turn off the computer and shut down the boards. :happytv:

Well till we get back home, and then can share all of our wonderful experiences together!!;)

I am not packing until Saturday. I never pack more than 1 day before even for overseas trips.

We will be leaving Sunday at around 9-9:30ish. It's a 1 & 1/2 hr drive to the port from here.

Don't worry about the weather. It's too early to predict that now and 30% is nothing. It's rare to have a 0% chance of rain around these parts.

Have safe travels all! 4 days to go!! :woohoo:

Who will be the last one of us to leave for the boat?

We aren't leaving till Saturday morning. Flying out of Indy around noonish!

Who ever is the last one out should turn off the computer and shut down the boards. :happytv:

Well till we get back home, and then can share all of our wonderful experiences together!!;)

we fly out of akron at 10;30 sat. staying at the caribbean beach. going to the magic kingdom sat aft and evening.:wizard: :wizard:

we'll let bigred shut down the computers.:cloud9: :love:

We fly out of San Antonio on Sat morning and will arrive at MCO at 11:30ish. We're staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port. We haven't even begun packing yet. We always end up pulling an allnighter before every vacation. At least I'll have Saturday to recover before I pull four more all nighters on the Wonder!

Mary looks like you'll be the last one out. Don't forget to turn out the lights!

PJ (Jasmine)

We fly out of San Antonio on Sat morning and will arrive at MCO at 11:30ish. We're staying at the Radisson Resort at the Port. We haven't even begun packing yet. We always end up pulling an allnighter before every vacation. At least I'll have Saturday to recover before I pull four more all nighters on the Wonder!

Mary looks like you'll be the last one out. Don't forget to turn out the lights!

PJ (Jasmine)

We are also staying at the Radisson Sat night. Maybe we will see PrincessaJasmine there. We were debating going to Epcot after we fly in?
We would not get there until 11:30 ish- then leaving around 7:00 would it be worth it? :confused3 Or we could do Epcot the Sunday before we Fly out? We Fly out at 3:00? :worship: any thoughts, this is our first time to Florida

Only two days and we are on our way:cheer2: :cheer2: Off to do lots of laundry and packing:laundy:

OK. The kids are in bed, DW is almost there too. We've packed far more stuff than I can believe we'll ever need and yet I'm certain we're forgetting something!

Oh well. The important thing is our airplane tickets and our credit cards. Everything else is negotiable! :)

See you all Sunday!

Doug

Hi everyone! I'm not on this cruise(wish I was), but I have a favor to ask if someone can possibly help me. My son is planning on getting married onboard the Wonder in 2010. He would like to do the ceremony from the secluded deck on the back of deck 7 while we're in Nassau. If someone could please take a picture or two from that deck looking out the day it is in Nassau and post them when they get back I would be really grateful. We'd like to see if the view will be OK or if they should rethink which day to hold the ceremony.
Thanks in advance.
Diane

We are also staying at the Radisson Sat night. Maybe we will see PrincessaJasmine there. We were debating going to Epcot after we fly in?
We would not get there until 11:30 ish- then leaving around 7:00 would it be worth it? :confused3 Or we could do Epcot the Sunday before we Fly out? We Fly out at 3:00? :worship: any thoughts, this is our first time to Florida

Only two days and we are on our way:cheer2: :cheer2: Off to do lots of laundry and packing:laundy:

I think visiting Epcot on Saturday is your best bet. You'll have plenty of time to "visit" the countries and enjoy a few rides. However, I wouldn't plan on leaving at 7p because then you'll miss the Illumunations fireworks/laser show which starts at 9p. I also have to add that I was pleasantly surprised at how much my sons (7 and 9) enjoyed Epcot.

PJ

Well,,,if there is anyone still out there...this is my last pre-cruise post. :thumbsup2

Getting ready to zip up the suitcase for better or worse I'm packed and ready to go :cheer2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone there at 3:00 on Sunday! :dance3:

Did I ever mention I hate to fly????

See you all!!:hug:

Valerie

Well,,,if there is anyone still out there...this is my last pre-cruise post. :thumbsup2

Getting ready to zip up the suitcase for better or worse I'm packed and ready to go :cheer2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone there at 3:00 on Sunday! :dance3:

Did I ever mention I hate to fly????

See you all!!:hug:

Valerie

safe travels.:wizard: :wizard:

we still have packing to do before we head out the door sat morning.
not sure how many underdog shirts i should pack.:laughing:

We just finished packing and will be heading out in a little while for the drive down. Should be down by sometime Saturday if everything goes smoothly. DH, DS and I will all be sharing driving.

See everyone there.

We're almost all packed and the kids are in bed, although probably not asleep. My mom and sis came in from CA and we'll all fly out together tomorrow morning.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person on Sun at 3p. Hope everyone has a safe trip.

PJ

We are all packed!! Safe travels to you all. We will see you at 3pm--less than 24 hours from now.:goodvibes

Can't wait for the sail away and the sound of that horn.:banana:

We drove all night. Got into the Double Tree at Cocoa Beach at about 4:30 pm Saturday. Didn't have reservations because we didn't know when we would get in, but we were lucky to get one of the last 2 rooms they had available. It is a really nice hotel with an ocean view. Hoping to check out the shore before we leave tomorrow. We spent the evening sorting out our bags for what we actually need onboard and what we can leave in the car till we go to WDW on Thursday. Going to bed in a few minutes. Hope I can get to sleep.

"I'm so excited, too!!!!!"
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

It was really nice meeting some of you and the FE thing was a lot of fun. Thank to all that took part in that! I hope you all had a blast on your cruise. I know we did. We booked the East bound TA for 2010. We have to see when spring break will be to see if we can do it. I hope you all have safe travels back home.:goodvibes

I calculated:
IndyStarGazer: 2
PrincessJasmine: 2
Me: 2
You: 1

I have 7 patches that I'm bringing, so I have a couple extra in case we find another scout or two.

Or reply to this if you want in! Last call for patch exchange! We leave Tuesday morning, so I doubt I'll be able to get more, but some others may be able to. Shall we bring them to the Mic'key Pool on Day 1, or meet up on our day at sea at some point?

It was nice meeting you in the "straw market". Sorry I didn't have time to stop & talk longer, but it was crazy in there.
Did your boys get the patches I left in the FE?
Hope you had a fun trip. We are at WDW right now, leaving to go home on Sunday.

Bev

It was nice meeting you in the "straw market". Sorry I didn't have time to stop & talk longer, but it was crazy in there.
Did your boys get the patches I left in the FE?
Hope you had a fun trip. We are at WDW right now, leaving to go home on Sunday.

Bev

Thanks for the patches! I only got to give ours to IndyStarGazer...this cruise totally flew by for me! Please email me your address and I'll be happy to pop them ours in the mail to you. beth at invitationlane dot com (wrote it out so I don't get spam). Same goes for PrincessJasmine, please email me with your address and I'll send out the patches I brought.

What a fantastic cruise, but too short. In a perfect world, I'd have 2 days at Castaway Cay and a couple more at sea (so we could have had a proper meet that didn't feel rushed - at least for me - meeting up with my parents that 1st day sort of took priority - sorry!). QueenBee, the boys played with the water toys you gave them quite a bit at Castaway Cay - thanks! And JustThe8ofUs - wow! What a cache of goodies you gave. And to everyone else, thanks for the cool toys, pins, postcards and local attraction reading material. I want to visit Colorado now, after reading about the state parks. The "secret porthole" room was great! Although I had to laugh when I came out of the bathroom when I was getting ready for the dress up dinner to see two men in yellow suits cleaning the outside of our porthole :scared1: Thank goodness I was covered! :rotfl:

It really was the best vacation ever! So many great moments. The only thing I would do differently would be to skip the Haunted Pirate Cruise at WDW - not worth the money, total waste. Kids said the boat motor was so loud they couldn't hear the ghost stories at all. $70 down the drain for me... But otherwise everything went great! Oh, and talk about a small world. I was talking to Mclewes (Marcy) the night of the pirate cruise (we were venting about how poorly organized it was) and we had no idea who each other was until the meet at the Mickey pool on Sunday.

Fantasmic was so great we went twice & Illuminations was awesome. Seating for Fantasmic in October was not a problem, we got great seats when we showed up at 7:10 for the 7:30 show on Saturday!

It was SO hard to focus on work today, especially since I still feel like I'm at sea. Anybody else still feel the waves? Yesterday was the longest day of my life...7 hrs in the airport, 8 on a plane...OMG, will somebody move FL closer to WA, please?

Can't wait to see everybody's pics. I'm still organizing the few I took but will post soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter