• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19, 2008 4 day Bahama - anyone else?

Just heard from IAFigment....they will not be doing the FE. Here is the final list.....

JustinsMommy07 - Maria and (DH) Mark and DS (14 months) Room 8520
hmcfall711 - Heather (32) and DH(36) Room 6319
Elasta-Girl - DS- Mitch (9 yrs old) and DS- Grant (6 yrs old) Room 5520
Queenbee99 - DD (4 yrd old) Room 6521
familyfun5 - DS (10 yrs old) and new baby boy (Jackson) Room 2508
justthe8ofus - DD (11 yrs old) and DS (9 yrs old) Room 6641
mclewes - DS (10 yrs old), DS (8 yrs old) and DS (6 yrs old) Room 8012
snowball - Valerie and DS (11 yrs old) Room 2073
IndyStarGazer: DS- Andrew (12 yrs old) and DS- Nick (8 yrs old) Room 6612

I know some of you are leaving during the week....have a safe trip. We are leaving on Saturday. I still have to get our stuff together. I haven't even begun to think about packing. With the change in dining schedule I am thinking about bringing something for the dress up night. We weren't going to do it when it was on the last day, but now we might. That is if I can get DH to want to wear a tie:lmao: And it all depends on how DS does at dinner the other days. Now that he is walking alot more he doesn't like to sit still for too long.
I can't believe how fast the last few weeks have gone!!!!:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :woohoo:

great pic doug.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

heres that one of us again so everone knows what we look like.
i'll continue my tradition of wearing my jessica rabbit/bigred shirt on the first day.:thumbsup2
please dont anyone hesitate to say HI if you see us around.:wizard:
i know one of our cruises a while ago, we talked on the dis and come cruise time, people got shy.;)

heres a pic so you know what we look like..:thumbsup2
usterminal.jpg

First names? If I see any of you at WDW or at the port, should I just call you by your screen names? :lmao: "Hey look, that's Mr. and Mrs. IndyStarGazer in line for Buzz Lightyear!"

I'm Beth and I'll be wearing an Elastagirl t-shirt at the port, and if I can talk my DH into it, he'll be in the matching Mr. Incredible t-shirt I packed for him (he prefers if you call him Pete, LOL).

Leaving now to take the puppy to her swanky dog bed & breakfast...then it's back to do all the last minute packing and try to get some sleep tonight - ha! So if I don't run into any of you in the parks, see you on board!!! :sail:

First names? If I see any of you at WDW or at the port, should I just call you by your screen names? :lmao: "Hey look, that's Mr. and Mrs. IndyStarGazer in line for Buzz Lightyear!"

I'd probably answer to it. :) I'm Doug, DW is Kim.

I'm Beth and I'll be wearing an Elastagirl t-shirt at the port, and if I can talk my DH into it, he'll be in the matching Mr. Incredible t-shirt I packed for him (he prefers if you call him Pete, LOL).

You're not really Elastagirl? My kids will be so disappointed! :laughing:

I'll probably wear a blue Order of the Arrow t-shirt to port, to go with the scouting theme.

:idea: We should get nametags or something...

Leaving now to take the puppy to her swanky dog bed & breakfast...then it's back to do all the last minute packing and try to get some sleep tonight - ha! So if I don't run into any of you in the parks, see you on board!!! :sail:

Have a safe trip! We'll be in Epcot Thursday, look for me at the wine booths! :upsidedow

I'd probably answer to it. :) I'm Doug, DW is Kim.

You're not really Elastagirl? My kids will be so disappointed! :laughing:

I'll probably wear a blue Order of the Arrow t-shirt to port, to go with the scouting theme.

:idea: We should get nametags or something...

Have a safe trip! We'll be in Epcot Thursday, look for me at the wine booths! :upsidedow

Thanks guys! I actually saw after my post that there are some first names included in the roll call list - duh! I have far too much on my mind lately. I'm the planner, packer & person to blame if something is forgotton! So I just opened a beer...I'm on vacation now. Email auto-responder is set for work and my voice mail says I'm OUT OF THE &^%$ING OFFICE (haha, not really, it's very professional, but inside that is what I was thinking).

I actually have name tags here in my home office...maybe they'll find their way in a bag! And I could try to be elastagirl, but I'm afraid I'd scare your kids, LOL!

Our itinerary as of now:
Tuesday - fly all day and arrive at 8:00. Check in to All Star Movies, Herbie!
Wednesday - Hollywood Studios until late so we can see Fantasmic. We'll probably sleep in a bit due to time change and miss fast passes for Toy Story Mania - ack!
Thursday - Move to Port Orleans French Quarter (the official land n sea package hotel we have) Magic Kingdom all day
Friday - Magic Kingdom morning, Epcot afternoon & evening. Reservations at Coral Reef for 5:30. I'll definitely check out the wine booths too!
Saturday - Animal Kingdom
Sunday - CRUISE!!!
Monday - Play & put on a fancy dress with heels for dinner
Tuesday - Caribbean Queen Snorkeling
Wednesday - Play
Thursday - don't want to think about this yet!

Back to last minute packing...and will somebody tell my boys to stop bouncing off the walls? The house is shaking.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing my secret porthole room (5520) after reading about them online for years. If anybody wants to see one in person, feel free to ask!

I can't wait to see everybody! :woohoo: This board has been a big part of my vacation planning and now I am looking forward to the actual thing and meeting all of you in person.

Thanks guys! I actually saw after my post that there are some first names included in the roll call list - duh! I have far too much on my mind lately. I'm the planner, packer & person to blame if something is forgotton! So I just opened a beer...I'm on vacation now. Email auto-responder is set for work and my voice mail says I'm OUT OF THE &^%$ING OFFICE (haha, not really, it's very professional, but inside that is what I was thinking).

I actually have name tags here in my home office...maybe they'll find their way in a bag! And I could try to be elastagirl, but I'm afraid I'd scare your kids, LOL!

Our itinerary as of now:
Tuesday - fly all day and arrive at 8:00. Check in to All Star Movies, Herbie!
Wednesday - Hollywood Studios until late so we can see Fantasmic. We'll probably sleep in a bit due to time change and miss fast passes for Toy Story Mania - ack!
Thursday - Move to Port Orleans French Quarter (the official land n sea package hotel we have) Magic Kingdom all day
Friday - Magic Kingdom morning, Epcot afternoon & evening. Reservations at Coral Reef for 5:30. I'll definitely check out the wine booths too!
Saturday - Animal Kingdom
Sunday - CRUISE!!!
Monday - Play & put on a fancy dress with heels for dinner
Tuesday - Caribbean Queen Snorkeling
Wednesday - Play
Thursday - don't want to think about this yet!

Back to last minute packing...and will somebody tell my boys to stop bouncing off the walls? The house is shaking.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing my secret porthole room (5520) after reading about them online for years. If anybody wants to see one in person, feel free to ask!

I can't wait to see everybody! :woohoo: This board has been a big part of my vacation planning and now I am looking forward to the actual thing and meeting all of you in person.

You will have to tell me how Room 5520 is. That is our room for the BOBers Cruise in Oct/2009. We are going with Mike and Robin and a bunch of great people we have cruised with before and some people we have not met yet only talked to them on the dis. Mike and Robin are going on your cruise this week. Get to know them they are really great people. I just wish we were going on this cruise with them. Look for them at the Rockin Bar D. Hope you all have a great time. Di

Mike and Robin

Hope you have a great vacation at WDW and cruise. I will be thinking of you guys.

Di and Walt

Hi all:goodvibes
I'm crazed with all of the packing left to do:scared1: We leave wed. morning and get to POR at 6 or so. My DH Kevin will be doing his dive in the big tank Fri. night around 6:30 at Epcot. If your around check him out:yay: Our family is me - Marcy DH- Kevin , David 10yrs, Jason 8yrs and Ethan 6 yrs. Have a safe trip everyone! See you at the Mickey pool:yay:

Mike and Robin

Hope you have a great vacation at WDW and cruise. I will be thinking of you guys.

Di and Walt

thanks guys!!:grouphug: :grouphug:
we'll miss you!!!!

we'll try to have fun, but robin will be with me, so not sure how much fun she'll have.(i'm pretty boring):rotfl2: :rolleyes1

Hi all!!! Is everyone ready we are way jazzed. :cool1: We fly out early Sat - like 12:55 am early. What was I thinking.:confused3 However it was either that or getting in at midnight Sat night? Anyhow, not to put a damper on the trip, but I am looking for some reassurance from you all who have done this before. Weather is not looking so great? :rolleyes: Nassau is expected to have thundershowers. I only looked because it has been fairly cool here in Colorado and I had this awful dream that it would be 25 degrees on our cruise. :sad1: That’s alright, right?

Hope to meet you all soon. Those who are on their way, I wish you a safe trip.:dance3: :cheer2:

I cannot post a picture but, I have blond hair and my name is Joleen, DH is Gary and he is well… bald (but boy do I think he is cute) then we have the four month old, Jackson also bald like his dad (also way cute) then we have Seth, DS who is 10, also has his head shaved (following a stunt at crazy hair day for school a couple of weeks ago)

Hello Everyone!

We are Valerie and Trent from Bloomington Indiana!

I have been going crazy here at work trying to get all my stuff done before we take off on Saturday morning.:surfweb: It's very hard to concentrate on work right now when there is vacation stuff to be doing!

I hate to hear the weather looks bad for Nassau..how about Castaway Cay Day?

I did go out and get some stuff for our fish extender gifts!! They are so cool!!

But yet have not made our fish extender thing to hang. It might end up being a paper bag iwith duct tape and a Mickey Sticker if I cant' get things together in time!:rotfl2:

Indy Gazer--just got back home from Plainfield and Avon today!

We are still meeting at the Mickey Pool at 3:00 on the first day right?

Must go home and do some laundry for the trip :laundy: :laughing:

Seriously, nervous about sailing. It will be all right, Right? A cruise ship hasn't sunk since the Titantic, right?

I've seen the weather reports too but I refuse to worry. :cool2: Besides, yesterday they said 60% cance of storms and now it's 30%.

Oh, and while writing this my computer calendar popped up a message -- 24 hours until my plane takes off!!! :banana:

Ah yes, the final day before a big trip. My clients are acting surprised despite months of warnings that this was coming. "What? You're going on a trip!?!" :eek: The kids are bouncing off the walls. :dance3: DW is spazzing out in the traditional mad packing scramble. :scared1:

Time to find a good place to hide until it's time to take off...:sad2:

Hi all!!! Is everyone ready we are way jazzed. :cool1: We fly out early Sat - like 12:55 am early. What was I thinking.:confused3 However it was either that or getting in at midnight Sat night? Anyhow, not to put a damper on the trip, but I am looking for some reassurance from you all who have done this before. Weather is not looking so great? :rolleyes: Nassau is expected to have thundershowers. I only looked because it has been fairly cool here in Colorado and I had this awful dream that it would be 25 degrees on our cruise. :sad1: That’s alright, right?

Hope to meet you all soon. Those who are on their way, I wish you a safe trip.:dance3: :cheer2:

I cannot post a picture but, I have blond hair and my name is Joleen, DH is Gary and he is well… bald (but boy do I think he is cute) then we have the four month old, Jackson also bald like his dad (also way cute) then we have Seth, DS who is 10, also has his head shaved (following a stunt at crazy hair day for school a couple of weeks ago)

see!!! i knew chics like the bald guys.:rolleyes1 :cool2: :cool2:

as for the weather... sometimes even though they say showers, its a short storm and then it clears up.:thumbsup2 :wizard:
(although we have been know to jynx a trip or two):eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter