• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19, 2008 4 day Bahama - anyone else?

I pmed Snowball to find out her cabin number for the FE...I haven't heard back...did you get hers?

JustinsMommy07 - Maria and (DH) Mark and DS (14 months) Room 8520
hmcfall711 - Heather (32) and DH(36) Room 6319
Elasta-Girl - DS- Mitch (9 yrs old) and DS- Grant (6 yrs old) Room 5520
Queenbee99 - DD (4 yrd old) Room 6521
familyfun5 - DS (10 yrs old) and new baby boy (Jackson) Room 2508
justthe8ofus - DD (11 yrs old) and DS (9 yrs old) Room 6641
mclewes - DS (10 yrs old), DS (8 yrs old) and DS (6 yrs old) Room 8012
snowball - Valerie and DS (11 yrs old) Room 2073
IndyStarGazer: DS- Andrew (12 yrs old) and DS- Nick (8 yrs old) Room 6612

Snowball's cabin is 2073. I think this is it for the FE gifts. I know some are doing scout patch exchanges separately. (SPE??):) :)

Snowball's cabin is 2073. I think this is it for the FE gifts. I know some are doing scout patch exchanges separately. (SPE??):) :)

I've taken your list and updated the info on page 1, post 14 with the information.

We're less than 2 weeks out now!!!!

Cheers,

We're mostly thinking about the first 4 days in the parks at this point, figuring the cruise will be the no-brainer relaxing part of the trip. We just decided today to change the order of parks and go to Hollywood Studios our first day instead of AK because the boys are too excited about the new Toy Story ride. So I just redid my plan - trying to be flexible so we have fun! Have any of you stood in line to see Fantasmic? We are definitely considering it, but it sounds like a lot of waiting. I want to see it, just not sure if a 2 hr line is worth it? Or will lines be that long in mid-October on a Wednesday?
[/QUOTE]

Hi Beth,
We saw Fantasmic twice and its definately worth it! :cheer2: They also do dine and show grouping things where if you eat at Brown Derby for instance you get cut the line passes for fantasmic, I think one or two others in the park do this too.:wizard: My kids still talk about that show. My husband is going to do Divequest at Epcot(he got certified just for this trip) and Sat. night we will spend at MK because it is open late and they have the spectromagic parade and wishes fireworks, a great way to end our WDW portion of vacation!:cool1: We have 5:25 Whispering Canyon ADR on 10/18 if anyone wants them ,I don't think we'll have time so I'll probably end up cancelling....:confused3 time is moving too fast now, I'm afraid our trip will be over before we know it!
Marcy:goodvibes

Hi Beth,
We saw Fantasmic twice and its definately worth it! :cheer2: They also do dine and show grouping things where if you eat at Brown Derby for instance you get cut the line passes for fantasmic, I think one or two others in the park do this too.:wizard: My kids still talk about that show. My husband is going to do Divequest at Epcot(he got certified just for this trip) and Sat. night we will spend at MK because it is open late and they have the spectromagic parade and wishes fireworks, a great way to end our WDW portion of vacation!:cool1: We have 5:25 Whispering Canyon ADR on 10/18 if anyone wants them ,I don't think we'll have time so I'll probably end up cancelling....:confused3 time is moving too fast now, I'm afraid our trip will be over before we know it!
Marcy:goodvibes

I did try to do the dining package for Fantasmic, but I was WAY too late (um, last week!) and they were all booked. So we will most definitely be standing in line. I'm crossing my fingers that the time of year helps thin the crowds for us, but everyone I've spoken to who has seen it highly recommends it! Thanks!! I don't know what Divequest is - I'll have to google that today. Pete & I were into scuba before kids and I'd love to re-certify when the boys are old enough to do it with us. Tons of fun! Maybe we'll cross paths in the parks and not even know it! See you at the Mickey pool??

I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks for the cruise. only 10 days until we leave. And I haven't even thought about packing.

So that means out of for the fish extenders.
that also means that I haven't read too much - no time - are we meeting sometime?

Anyone else lose their palo reservations and cataway cey excursions like we did??

Is anyone going to Atlanits?

I am SO ready to be gone.

Hey Pam,

I was going through all the posts looking for cabin numbers...here's what I have so far

OK this looks like it is the final list. I think we have everyone. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

don't forget us - It's me, DS (10 yrs old) and my sister (Little Mo or whatever her name is here) and we are in 8020

Hi All!My sister is at WDW this week and she says its mellow... not too crowded! I hope we are this lucky next week:cool1: Many years ago we were spoiled by having friends who worked for disney (one chef and one waitress) :banana: and we were very grateful to get major discounts and great food for next to nothing.:dance3: Now with 3 kids and paying for everything the $$$ of it all is quite a shock but well worth it for the magic!:wizard: Divequest is in the big tank at Epcot and most reviews for it are great:thumbsup2
I'm starting to check the weather sites now too, it's close enough right?:yay:

don't forget us - It's me, DS (10 yrs old) and my sister (Little Mo or whatever her name is here) and we are in 8020

I think that list is for the FE exchange. Are you in or out. If you're in you may want to PM JustinsMommy07 to get added to the list.

OK here is an updated FE list. I added IAFigment and sent her a PM to doublecheck if this is correct. I can't believe we are under 2 weeks. I know everyone is excited, but I have to say that I wish time would slow down a bit. DS is going through a phase (I hope) where he is screaming, I think just to hear his voice, but I swear I have some hearing loss because of it.:scared1: :scared1: It is also a struggle to get him to sleep lately and he ends up screaming and crying before he finally falls off. Other than that i think he will be alot of fun:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Beth: Go see Fantasmic. Go about an hour and a half early to get seats. It's a great time to sit down and relax and talk over the day, who liked what. There's a food booth at the back for pretzels and Cokes. All the seats are mostly good, but of course the middle and a bit more than half way back is best I think. I haven't been since they changed the hours, so I can't say my plan is foolproof, but I've waited in a line for Fantasmic. It really is neat and a good time. Hope it works out!

We went to Fantasmic last year for the first time, in October about the same time. We went early to the show (45 min.- hour before and we walked straight in) but there were still seats available a few minutes before the show started. (Not your pick of places, but there were seats.)

My suggestion is to NOT sit in the first few rows. We were somewhere within the first 5 rows from the water and we were covered in gnats until the sun was all the way down and the pyro. started. It was good and definately worth seeing.

If you have little ones with you they may find it too loud if you are close to the front. I have very sensitive hearing (my DH says I can hear a fly pass gas) and I found it to be loud. I also find Dinosaur at AK to be VERY loud- if that gives you any idea what I feel is loud.

We are skipping Fantasmic this time because we are trying to do all four parks in three days. We will be doing DHS and AK on the same day, and I REALLY want to see Toy Mania. From what I have read Toy Mania has been known to have LONGS waits.

Hope you enjoy the show it really is a great show!

We went to Fantasmic last year for the first time, in October about the same time. We went early to the show (45 min.- hour before and we walked straight in) but there were still seats available a few minutes before the show started. (Not your pick of places, but there were seats.)

My suggestion is to NOT sit in the first few rows. We were somewhere within the first 5 rows from the water and we were covered in gnats until the sun was all the way down and the pyro. started. It was good and definately worth seeing.

If you have little ones with you they may find it too loud if you are close to the front. I have very sensitive hearing (my DH says I can hear a fly pass gas) and I found it to be loud. I also find Dinosaur at AK to be VERY loud- if that gives you any idea what I feel is loud.

We are skipping Fantasmic this time because we are trying to do all four parks in three days. We will be doing DHS and AK on the same day, and I REALLY want to see Toy Mania. From what I have read Toy Mania has been known to have LONGS waits.

Hope you enjoy the show it really is a great show!

Good tips on Fantasmic, thanks! We're going to be in Hollywood Studios on the 15th, and we'll be heading straight for the Toy Story Mania ride first. Have you seen the fun little time wasting games they have online?
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index

:3dglasses

How many days left for those of you heading to Disney before the cruise?

Were going to Disney after the cruise, so we are 9 days out!!

Single digit dance today!!:cool1: :cool1:

:dance3:

Valerie & Trent

We're going to WDW after the cruise, too, so we're at the single digits, also. If you look at my counter we may be still above, but we are leaving on Oct. 17th to drive down.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

We will be flying in on 10/18----YIKES :eek: that is only 10 days away!!! I have so much to do still.

Anyone staying in Port Canaveral the night before embarkation?

PJ

We will be flying in on 10/18----YIKES :eek: that is only 10 days away!!! I have so much to do still.

Anyone staying in Port Canaveral the night before embarkation?

PJ

Only 10 days?!?!?! :scared1:
Yes, we are staying at the Wakulla Suites the night before. I was having a hard time deciding where to stay when someone from these boards posted about this place. It looks great and we got a great rate. There is no shuttle, but we are driving, so it doesnt matter.

Do you ever feel like you are on information overload? I have learned so much from these boards and my Passporter book, but I am starting to feel like my brain is overloaded and I am not going to remember any of it when I need to!
There have been so many posts lately with changes to various days, events etc that I wanted to make sure I have ours straight. This is what I have written down. Is this still accurate as far as everyone knows?
Day 1: Embark / casual dining
Day 2: At Sea / casual dining
Day 3: Nassau / pirate night
Day 4: CC / dressy night
And does anyone know how the shows coordinate with these days?

How many days left for those of you heading to Disney before the cruise?

Were going to Disney after the cruise, so we are 9 days out!!

Single digit dance today!!:cool1: :cool1:

:dance3:

Valerie & Trent

I think ElastiGirl will beat us there by one day! No fair! :) Ah well, 8 days....or as we used to say in the Army, 7 days and a wake-up.

We fly out Thursday the 16th very early. We'll be at the Swan and Dolphin unless my waitlist for AKL works out....:rolleyes2

The way we figure it we have four parks and three days. Thursday will be a short day because we won't even be at the park until 11 at the earliest, and the parks generally close at 7 that day. So I've been thinking AK Thursday, MGM and Epcot on Friday, and WDW on Saturday. I may change my mind though because I really want to do the festival at Epcot and I understand that Friday may be very busy. So, um, in other words I have no idea what we're doing! :rotfl:

And Karen, I definitely agree about info overload....DW and I just had lunch and of course we talked a lot about cruise stuff. I think we're more confused now than we were this morning!

Good tips on Fantasmic, thanks! We're going to be in Hollywood Studios on the 15th, and we'll be heading straight for the Toy Story Mania ride first. Have you seen the fun little time wasting games they have online?
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index

:3dglasses

Those are great "little time wasting games". You know as well as I do, at this time we all need a little motiviation to waste time and think about Disney. :lmao:

I am a Kindergarten teacher and we will be on fall break during the cruise. I have my students doing a count down each day during our calendar activites. It started out as let's count how many days until fall break. Once my kids knew it was until my Disney vaction they have started to say,"Let's count how many days until you go to see MICKEY!":rotfl: :lovestruc :banana:

Well what teacher worth her license would not assist her students in developing number sense. OF COURSE we can count how many more days until I go to see Mickey. Should we include weekends or just school days children? What the heck, lets count it both ways.:dance3: :rolleyes1

I have been trying really hard to think of a way to make my last day with them Disney related and tied to our curriculum. :confused: It probably will not happen, but I would be love to do it!

We leave on Wednesday but won't arrive until Thursday...My dd doesn't know yet and prolly won't find out until Tuesday or WEdnesday...we are staying on land before and after the cruise so as not to be rushed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter