• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19, 2008 4 day Bahama - anyone else?

I was hoping some of you more experienced cruisers might know the answer to this question. My parents are on Medicare which will not cover any medical expenses while on the cruise. They are going through AAA for the medical coverage, and they are trying to upsell them on other things.

:confused3 Any recommendations for good travel medical insurance?

Hi all,

We will be on the cruise also, our first! Myself (Doug), DW (Kim), DS Nick(8) and DS Andrew(12). We're from Avon (near Indianapolis) so I'm happy to see some other Hoosiers will be there. We will be at Dolphin and Swan Oct 16-18th, then off to the Bahamas!

I have been reading the DIS forums and my head is just spinning with all the good tips....I don't think I'll ever remember them all. I'm also starting to think I'll need a small mule train to take all of the fun items people have suggested! :laughing:

I'm still learning about things like Fish Extenders (boy was I relieved when I found out what that meant...) so I'm still not sure what our exact plans will be. We'll definitely try to meet fellow DIS'ers though, and will be at the DIS meet.

See ya soon!

:welcome: Doug & family! LOL about the small mule train! I'm going to do my best to keep it simple in the packing department, with the exception of pre-shopping for some fish extender goodies. My DH grew up in South Bend and graduated from IU in Bloomington, so we're half hoosier here (living in WA now). We will be at All Star Movies & PO French Q from October 14 until the cruise. So I've been spending a lot of time mapping out how we're going to attack the parks, less time planning for the cruise. My son, Mitch turns 9 in a couple of weeks, so he and Nick will probably spend some time together if Nick goes to the Oceaneer Lab while cruising. I also signed the boys up for this pirate cruise on the 16th which departs from the Polynesian http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm#cruise Looks like fun for them!

I was hoping some of you more experienced cruisers might know the answer to this question. My parents are on Medicare which will not cover any medical expenses while on the cruise. They are going through AAA for the medical coverage, and they are trying to upsell them on other things.

:confused3 Any recommendations for good travel medical insurance?

we go through www.insuremytrip.com
you can pick from a variety of plans and prices.:thumbsup2

welcome from underdog(mike) and his sweet polly(robin):wizard:
Hi all,

We will be on the cruise also, our first! Myself (Doug), DW (Kim), DS Nick(8) and DS Andrew(12). We're from Avon (near Indianapolis) so I'm happy to see some other Hoosiers will be there. We will be at Dolphin and Swan Oct 16-18th, then off to the Bahamas!

I have been reading the DIS forums and my head is just spinning with all the good tips....I don't think I'll ever remember them all. I'm also starting to think I'll need a small mule train to take all of the fun items people have suggested! :laughing:

I'm still learning about things like Fish Extenders (boy was I relieved when I found out what that meant...) so I'm still not sure what our exact plans will be. We'll definitely try to meet fellow DIS'ers though, and will be at the DIS meet.

See ya soon!

Thanks for the warm welcome (and also UnderDog and Disneyholic)!

My DH grew up in South Bend and graduated from IU in Bloomington, so we're half hoosier here (living in WA now).

I'm a transplanted Buckeye :) but my DW is a true Hoosier from "the Region". She's an IU alumni also; I graduated from Rose-Hulman in Terre Haute.

We will be at All Star Movies & PO French Q from October 14 until the cruise. So I've been spending a lot of time mapping out how we're going to attack the parks, less time planning for the cruise. My son, Mitch turns 9 in a couple of weeks, so he and Nick will probably spend some time together if Nick goes to the Oceaneer Lab while cruising. I also signed the boys up for this pirate cruise on the 16th which departs from the Polynesian Looks like fun for them!

Nick and Andrew will both be in the Lab so it sounds like they'll have some fun with Mitch! I've forwarded the Pirate Cruise to DW, we'll see what she thinks.

Our boys have October birthdays also; in fact we originally scheduled things so that we would be at WDW for Nick's, and on the ship for Andrew's. Unfortunately the school changed their schedule on us and we had to change our vacation dates. :sad1: We decided that reality was no barrier so we scheduled birthday celebration packages for them onboard, even though it's a week after their real birthdays!

Hi all,

See ya soon!

Welcome to the board!

I just wanted to let you know that I got my docs today!!

Ohhhh...I can't wait for the mail to come! Although I bet ours will be in a few days - are they mailed from Florida? This is getting exciting, people!

I'm a transplanted Buckeye :) but my DW is a true Hoosier from "the Region". She's an IU alumni also; I graduated from Rose-Hulman in Terre Haute.

Nick and Andrew will both be in the Lab so it sounds like they'll have some fun with Mitch! I've forwarded the Pirate Cruise to DW, we'll see what she thinks.

Our boys have October birthdays also; in fact we originally scheduled things so that we would be at WDW for Nick's, and on the ship for Andrew's. Unfortunately the school changed their schedule on us and we had to change our vacation dates. :sad1: We decided that reality was no barrier so we scheduled birthday celebration packages for them onboard, even though it's a week after their real birthdays!

ROTFL re: reality was no barrier. We have been known to stretch birthdays out as long as possible, too. The family birthday, the friend party, the cake at Grandma's, and so on. Mitch's birthday is October 5, and we also had originally planned to be there over his bday, but it was less $ to do the trip later in the month. I did tell them both no bday parties this year due to the big vacation. They were surprisingly fine with it. My youngest one, Grant, is officially a Buckeye, as he was born in Toledo! We lived there for about 18 months.

we go through www.insuremytrip.com you can pick from a variety of plans and prices.

Thanks for the link! :thumbsup2 Now I'm debating whether we should buy trip insurance, just in case somebody comes down with something the morning we're supposed to fly. :confused3 The little expenses just keep coming up...oh what to do. I'm sure my husband would say it will all be fine, not to get it. Have I just jinxed us, LOL?

hi gang. just booked this cruise and looking forward to meeting everyone.
(especially the guys):cloud9: :lovestruc :) :laughing:

Welcome aboard! You've been added to the roll call list.

Hi all,

IndyStarGazer and Family-- Welcome Aboard! I've added you to the roll call list on page 1. Let me know if you want to be added to the fish extender list as well.

Cheers!

After reading this:

as luck would have it, around that time a new disser arrived and introduced
herself as BIG RED. seems she had a fondness for guys with a (slightly:rolleyes1 )bald head and she really digs a guys with a scar.
(since my heart surgery in 2000, that fits me to a T):woohoo: :thumbsup2

on the dis, this bigred seems to have fancied little old me.:rolleyes1

well another of our disser friends called her a TART and did everything she could to pick on BIGRED.:laughing:
then robin got into the act and changed her dis name to ...
TART ANNIHILATOR and its been a running gag ever since....

I had to wonder if this was a joke? :confused3
hi gang. just booked this cruise and looking forward to meeting everyone.
(especially the guys):cloud9: :lovestruc :) :laughing:

OR if we should bring boxing gloves and sell tickets for the meet?:woohoo: :rolleyes:

I saw our Georgia friends received their docs today, being a little further north I hope ours are here by the weekend. It would be just the motivation I need to get things together around here. I am one of those people who likes to clean and have everything in order when we get back home. It is just so easy to come back and slip back into life when the house is clean. Those suitcases can wait a day or so to be unpacked.

We will actually be part time at our house for a few days before our trip. So I need to get started! We will be house sitting for my SIL who will be on vaction a week before we leave. Her house is close enough that I can stop by our house and pick up things etc. and I will still be at work. (But it is really like a mini-vacation before the vacation because her house ROCKS!) However, I am sure I will be tired of living out of our suitcases by the time we get back home for good.

This post has probably not benefited others but maybe it is a mental motivator for me. I'll let you know, but probably not. . .

Have a Happy Friday!

Hello All!!

I received my doc's yeasterday!!! :goodvibes I can't belive it were realy, really going!!! This is something that I always thougt I would do "someday". But were really going!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

And welcome Indy Star Gazer and family more Hoosiers!!! Just as long as no one ask us what a "Hoosier" Is we will be just fine..:rolleyes1

My brother-in-law and family live in avon and have kids your ages! And my husband was in the newspaper business for the Hearld-Times. Might sound strange but I miss the smell of newspaper print.:rolleyes:

Do we have any other meets sheduled other than just the first one at 3:00?:wizard:

You can track your docs with UPS by going here:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/reference?loc=en_US

Enter your Disney confirmation number in the SHIPMENT REFERENCE field and then select United States and your zip code. Voila! Mine will be here Monday. :cool1:

Thanks, Elasta-girl. This is very interesting. After leaving Orlando on 9/24, my docs have been to Louisville, Memphis, and Nashville. They should arrive in the great state of Texas on 9/29.

PJ

The mail just came -- no document dance yet... :sad2: I assume that the document tracking trick won't work since my docs are probably going to my TA? Or would I just be able to see when she gets them?

EDIT: I just tried it, and my docs are actually here at the Indy UPS office -- but won't be at my door til Monday!

They were surprisingly fine with it. My youngest one, Grant, is officially a Buckeye, as he was born in Toledo! We lived there for about 18 months.

I was born and raised in Sandusky. Well, actually Perkins Township but close enough! I worked at Cedar Point for 6 summers. Hmm. Am I allowed to mention Cedar Point here? :rolleyes1

snowball said:
And welcome Indy Star Gazer and family more Hoosiers!!! Just as long as no one ask us what a "Hoosier" Is we will be just fine..

My brother-in-law and family live in avon and have kids your ages! And my husband was in the newspaper business for the Hearld-Times. Might sound strange but I miss the smell of newspaper print.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I may know your BIL...are the kids involved in Scouts? I'm the Cub Master for Pack 393, and an Asst Scout Master for Troop 392. I meet a *lot* of area kids that way.

(resisting the urge to sing "It's a Small World")

I just tried it, and my docs are actually here at the Indy UPS office -- but won't be at my door til Monday!

Frustrating! So close! C'mon Monday! How many of you have already done online check in? I was waiting to get the docs before I logged in next week to do it. Good plan or no??

I was born and raised in Sandusky. Well, actually Perkins Township but close enough! I worked at Cedar Point for 6 summers. Hmm. Am I allowed to mention Cedar Point here? :rolleyes1
Went there for our first time in August and we all went on the Millenium Force for our 2nd ride. OMG...scary as heck. Can't believe I put my 6 year old on that ride...what was I thinking?? The rides at DW are going to seem like cake walks now compared to that hair raising experience. :eek:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I may know your BIL...are the kids involved in Scouts? I'm the Cub Master for Pack 393, and an Asst Scout Master for Troop 392. I meet a *lot* of area kids that way.

Pete & I are the den leaders for Tigers this year (Grant is a Tiger. Mitch is a Bear). Just had our first den meeting last night and I have 12 little Tigers...OMG...wish me luck and patience. Thanks goodness I have Pete to help, he's the cool one who doesn't get frazzled. I will be the planner, he can herd the cats...I mean boys. :laughing:

Let's see if I can get some image links to work so I can show off my scouts..

Mitch last year:
DSCN0723_edited-1.jpg

Grant at camp:
DSCN1231.jpg

Hello All!!

I received my doc's yeasterday!!! :goodvibes I can't belive it were realy, really going!!! This is something that I always thougt I would do "someday". But were really going!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

And welcome Indy Star Gazer and family more Hoosiers!!! Just as long as no one ask us what a "Hoosier" Is we will be just fine..:rolleyes1
:

whats a Hoosier??:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 sorry, had to ask.:laughing: :lmao:

congrats on doing the doc dance. we're still waiting.:headache: :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter