• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 19, 2008 4 day Bahama - anyone else?

Hey Seth, the cruise is not a birthday present. I'm in fifth grade too! I live in West Hartford,Connecticut. Have you been on a cruise before? I was born in Florida.

From,
David Clewes

Good to see the kids on-line!* I will try and get my son to the boards soon to meet you guys.* It sounds like we have alot of boys about the same age.* My son is 11 and plays baseball, basketball, and rides his dirt bike and 4 wheeler.* We have been to disney 8 times in the past 5 years.* His favorite ride is "Test Track" and Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain.* On our last trip we were very lucky to meet* a member of the "Dream Team".* Ask him about it!* It was fun!** And we finally received our "Passports" yesterday!!!:banana:** So I feel more comfortable about getting off the boat at Nassau!:dance3:** Hope everyone is getting their reservations straightened out with the changes.* I think by the time we finally arrive in Nassau I'll be ready for some "Land" time!* :thumbsup2** I was reading all the SPA reviews and can't get over all the reports for sales pitches for products. So I'm not sure that I am going to go to the spa:sad2:
I'm not able to PM yet because I don't have enough posts but I was able to change our CS resv. to the 21st. My total with fees is about 150.00 and you get 4 wrist bands per room. we have 5 in our group so we will need 1 more.:rolleyes1 It sounds like all of our boys will have lots of friends to hang out with. I'm most worried about my 6 yr old , he can be unpredictable with new things:confused3 so we are keeping our fingers crossed it will be an adventurous trip and not a cling to mommy one:scared1: Hope everyone in hurricane zones is keeping safe:) Mike Congrats on your new grandchild:yay: Hope all is well with Mom and Baby:flower3:

Hey Mcclues-just keep posting and soon you will have enough posts for PM's. I guess you noticed that I sent you one yesterday about this:goodvibes

I'm going to go ahead and make the reservations at Comfort Suites today!

The best rate that I can come up with is $150 as well!

Is there anyone else out there that needs another arm band for atlantas to split the costs? It looks like we have 1 more up for grabs!:flower3:

mcclues if you want to e-mail me my address is: Cowgirl_0273@yahoo.com

Yes, I live on a small farm and used to have cows. Now I just have horses, dogs, and cats.

I'm buried in work, but I had to pop in to show you what came in the mail yesterday.

My Mom is a wonderful seamstress and took one look at a picture of fish extender and came up with this from her quilting scraps!! I bought the patches online, but the rest is all her. :worship: She's amazing...I wish I had paid more attention when she was trying to teach me to sew all those years ago.

So excited! :woohoo:

193151DSCF0022-med.JPG

That's great! She must be talented! If I have to make one myself it just might be a paper bag with duct tape on it. I didn't pay attention either in sewing class. I was actually trying to find one on e-bay!

I'm buried in work, but I had to pop in to show you what came in the mail yesterday.

My Mom is a wonderful seamstress and took one look at a picture of fish extender and came up with this from her quilting scraps!! I bought the patches online, but the rest is all her. :worship: She's amazing...I wish I had paid more attention when she was trying to teach me to sew all those years ago.

So excited! :woohoo:

193151DSCF0022-med.JPG

Very nice! I bought one on ebay. I am not creative at all :guilty:

DH did make some magnets for us though.

Hey everyone,
Checking in again...we are getting closer!!:banana: Elasta-girl your fish extender looks awesome!! I have to get moving on ours. I was at walmart looking at their fabric but nothing really caught my eye.

I had a question. Hopefully someone with younger children can help with their experiences. Since we decided to fly instead of drive we will have a carseat with us. Is that just considered part of our luggage for the cruise and do we just check it with our bags? It's probably not even that big of a deal, but just something else that I can worry about.:scared:

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey everyone,
Checking in again...we are getting closer!!:banana: Elasta-girl your fish extender looks awesome!! I have to get moving on ours. I was at walmart looking at their fabric but nothing really caught my eye.

I had a question. Hopefully someone with younger children can help with their experiences. Since we decided to fly instead of drive we will have a carseat with us. Is that just considered part of our luggage for the cruise and do we just check it with our bags? It's probably not even that big of a deal, but just something else that I can worry about.:scared:

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks! As far as the carseat goes, when we cruised 5 years ago we had 2 carseats and we kept them in our stateroom. We were able to put tags on them just like the luggage and they were delivered to the stateroom with our luggage. Might be worth finding out if they have storage elsewhere for them, since every square inch of space counts! This time we will be traveling so much lighter...no gear to worry about since they are big kids now :woohoo:

Elasta-girl that fish extender is great. Your Mom could have a career on the dis just making those! I am the biggest procrastinator so I haven't started ours yet either, who knows what I'll end up with!:sad2: :rotfl: One month left and we are off to WDW and then DCL:cool1: Hope everyones plans are going smoothly:goodvibes
Marcy

:woohoo: It's getting closer. :cool1:

We received our Magical Express booklet and luggage tags on Friday. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Won't be long and we'll be doing the Doc Dance. :banana: :banana: :banana:

WOW! This is getting exciting were almost 1 month away from "The Date"!!!!!

So many things to do !! And ITS TIME TO GET OUT THE LUGGAGE!!!!:cloud9:

Looks like on our reservations we have been changed to the second dinner seating. Not really happy about that but we will manage. So we will be going to the shows before dinner. Not sure I like that idea with a son who likes to go to bed early. :confused:

Talked to the school today about the trip and it was approved for an excused absence :woohoo:

So things are looking up and falling into place! Though I know my fish extender won't look as nice as everyone else's! :cutie:

I went ahead and booked thru Magic Express instead of renting a car. So that's a done deal! And they said no problems about going to the port from the airport, from the port to Disney, and back to the airport. And no extra transfer fees. We didn't book a package.

And I forgot!!! We got an e-mail offer from Disney for FREE DINING! :wizard:
but it's not for the dates of the cruise:sad2:

Anyone else staying at the Hyatt at MCO the night before the cruise?

And anyone else need an arm band for a day at Atlantas?? We have 1 extra! PM me and let me know!

Valerie

I'm starting to have travel dreams! My dream last night was that we were told that our state room was actually located in the hallway. There were 2 bunk beds in a main hallway that we were told were ours. And the funny thing is that I was mad that the light located directly over the beds would not dim or turn off. Not mad that there was absolutely no privacy or that I paid for a room, LOL!

And a couple of months ago I was having a recurring dream that I forgot all of our passports at home. Needless to say, I'm sure that will be the first thing I pack!

Anybody else having Disney dreams, too??

I'm starting to have travel dreams! My dream last night was that we were told that our state room was actually located in the hallway. There were 2 bunk beds in a main hallway that we were told were ours. And the funny thing is that I was mad that the light located directly over the beds would not dim or turn off. Not mad that there was absolutely no privacy or that I paid for a room, LOL!

And a couple of months ago I was having a recurring dream that I forgot all of our passports at home. Needless to say, I'm sure that will be the first thing I pack!

Anybody else having Disney dreams, too??

LOL :thumbsup2 sounds like me. I had a dream last night that I thought DD and DS were in the kids club and they were just out and about the ship.:eek:

I checked yesterday and there were still a lot of cabins for sale for our cruise. I hope that means we will get upgrades.(we can dream right?) I hope to find out on Monday. If you have a grty check on line on Monday. I heard that is when Disney updates things. Good luck all and have a wonderful weekend! We are going to take a walk down at the Disney Boardwalk.

Oh and Disney sent out a press release yesterday that in 2009 if it is your birthday you can get into Disney World for free!!:yay: DH and I have the same b-day so, guess where we will be that day? :)

Hi, all. I just booked this cruise two weeks ago. I only have 4 weeks now and am a bit stressed trying to learn and plan in only 6 weeks total. I know Disney very well, but have never taken a cruise of any kind, so I have a lot to learn!! To introduce our family: Karen (me, Mom), Ron (Dad), Claire (12), & Jared (8). We are leaving our oldest son at home to run the business while we are gone. We are going to stay at POFQ for 3 days after our cruise for a little mini WDW vacation. I am sure, as the weeks progress, I'll be asking lots of questions, probably in a more and more frantic tone, but I just wanted to say hi to my fellow cruisers.
Karen

Did anyone watch all the Disney stuff on the travel chanel last night?:happytv:

A great warm up for our trip :lovestruc Were so excited the luggage is out!!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has Disney Dreams!! :)

How do you go on-line and see which cabins are not sold out?

And welcome Karen W :goodvibes This is a really great place to get questions answered and meet some new people. Welcome to the group! :wizard:

I checked yesterday and there were still a lot of cabins for sale for our cruise. I hope that means we will get upgrades.(we can dream right?) I hope to find out on Monday. If you have a grty check on line on Monday. I heard that is when Disney updates things. Good luck all and have a wonderful weekend! We are going to take a walk down at the Disney Boardwalk.

What! I have to wait until Monday to get my upgrade! Thank goodness I have soccer with the boys to occupy me.

I can't believe we're finally into the 30 day countdown. We're all sooo excited. My DS8 has already "packed", although it's probably a suitcase full of Legos.

PJ

Did anyone watch all the Disney stuff on the travel chanel last night?:happytv:

A great warm up for our trip :lovestruc Were so excited the luggage is out!!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has Disney Dreams!! :)

How do you go on-line and see which cabins are not sold out?

Just go on the DCL website and walk through making a new reservation. I too have seen many categories still available.

PJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter