October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Had to end my last post real quick because I got a call and the system was trying to load guideline over the top of my post! The NERVE!

Denine-can't wait to hear how much of the new Fantasy Land is open. I'll be watching for your posts.

Got to run over to the other building to sign up for a early screening of Twilight. One of the girls here is friends with the manager of the theater by my house so she was able to get a 7:00 screen on the day before it opens. We went to the last one too. Loved being able to see it first and not having to go to the midnight show.

More later

Denine, :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::eek::eek::eek::eek: YIKES, what a horror story indeed. I hate bees and your bad luck is my nightmare. I sure hope Orkin gets rid of them and SOON!

Heidi, it looks like all golf carts have been winterized so I'm not sure if "Ed's" has been or not since it is gas. You might want to ask Richard if he has a portable air compressor or you can wait until we get back from Vail and dad can help Chris when we are in Cleveland. Heidi, reading all the comments about the bottles I learned kids can/have thrown them and they just recommend using smaller bottles. I think I am taking a 17 oz one to Cleveland. I thought maybe it could help Tyler while they put the leads on. It is a painful time for him. Be prepared for tears yourself!! It's rough!!!!!!:sad:

Barb, I've turned into a craft lady like you I guess::yes::. Actually, the daycare kids always remember the crafts we use to do so I've been doing kiddy crafts for years. I'm sure you are just a tad paranoid :grouphug:since your incident. I'm sure that guy was innocent but to you at this point everyone is scary. It will take some time! AWESOME that you get to see the screening early!!! Don't you worry, I will make sure you get a bracelet. In fact, measure your wrist and let me know.

Julie, please, measure your wrist soon and I will make one for you and give it to you in Cleveland. If you don't have a seamstress measuring tape just wrap a string around your wrist and measure the string.

Talked to Stacey today about Bella, the dog we want. Supposedly the family loves her. Both the trainer and Stacey can't believe it. I think of precious Bella almost everyday. Joey is going through dizziness just like I did. They can't find anything wrong with her either. Isn't that strange??:confused3

We "only" killed 16 yellow jackets in the house yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed, so far none today.

Barb: I feel your pain. It takes a while, but you will feel more secure.

Not only does Kaleigh not have any make-up games this week, she doesn't have practice either. She is bummed. We are going to take Jerry and Kaleigh's gloves and a ball with us on vacation so they can practice in the nice, warm sun.

It looks like the weather may improve next week while we go to Disney. It looks good there too.

Denine, awesome idea to take the ball and glove. That sounds like fun. I just knew the weather in Cleveland would improve while you are gone. It just has to stay that way for two weeks. That's when we will be there, LOL.

Think my purple epilepsy ones may be easier since they will be darker.
You are so sweet. Thanks for doing that. :love: :hug:

This morning when I was leaving for work at 5:20 a car was parked across the street he waiting until I pulled out of my drive way and followed me about 15 miles to work. I'm sure it was just a coincidence but it still freaked me out. Will I ever feel secure again?
That is so sad, I'm sorry you are still feeling that way. :grouphug:

Got to run over to the other building to sign up for a early screening of Twilight. One of the girls here is friends with the manager of the theater by my house so she was able to get a 7:00 screen on the day before it opens. We went to the last one too. Loved being able to see it first and not having to go to the midnight show.
I am so completely jealous!!!! I wish I had that opportunity. I cannot wait for it to come out!! But I will be with the crazy midnight people.

Denine - That is way too many yellow jacket, bees, wasps..whatever you want to call it. I am so terrfied of them. YAY for good weather in Disney. :cheer2:

Mom - I know that will be rough. I will cry with him and you and Stacey. Hmmm, not sure what we will do. I will have to mention it to Chris....thanks!

Yay, I'm happy, excited and sad at the same time. I just ordered tickets to White Christmas (Broadway). I grew up watching that movie every New Years Eve and it has given me many happy memories. The sad part is that Heidi won't be with me :(

I'm glad you ordered the tickets!!! I am so excited for you. I will be fine! Working the Broncos game is exhausting but a lot of fun as well.

Hi guys! Can't post too much right now, getting ready to go to the doctor's... here is wishing to get this brace off!!!!:hyper:

I will post more when I get back. But I wanted to tell Sandy my wrist measures a 6 1/2.

Sandy, that is great about the tickets!! I love that movie too!!!

Well gotta go! Wish me luck!!

I only killed to yellow jackets yesterday! Hopefully the problem has been taken care of.

The weather on Sunday is going to be rainy which means the ball games will probably be cancelled, but maybe they will reschedule for after we get back. The 10-day for WDW looks fantastic!

The show sounds like fun Sandy.

Heidi: What are you doing at the game?

Kaleigh is starting to bounce off the walls with excitement today. I have too much to do between now and when we leave.

Julie - Good luck!!!!! Happy thoughts to you. I really hope you get the brace off!!!

Denine - We run a concession stand during the game. This is the first time in my life I have ever ran a cash register or served food and beer to people. It is very interesting! I'm glad I never had to do it before but it is for a good cause so close to us that it is worth it.

Julie: Hope you get the brace off!

Heidi: I worked in a bagel shop in high school, but that is the extent of my cashier and food service career! Sounds like working the stand could be fun though.

Hi guys!

Well, I didn't get my brace off:sad: and have to wear it for another month!!:scared1: BUT the doctor did "unlock" it so now I can move my arm somewhat and I look like a human transformer. The best news, I CAN DRIVE:cool1::cool1: So I guess I can stand this brace on for another month. At least I will have it off before we go to disney for Christmas!!!

Heidi, I worked a concession stand and worked as a cashier since I was 16!! I worked for the city's pool as a cashier before I became a lifeguard and then pool manager, and worked the city's ice rink concession stand for awhile. I loved it! It was a lot of fun!

Denine, glad to hear that you will have nice weather when you are down at Disney. I am hoping for the same when we are down there next month. I got stung by a ground hornet last Saturday!!! It stung my ankle (of course it was my right ankle and I couldn't use my right arm to try and get it off) I ended up smacking with my left hand, but left the bee's butt and stinger in my ankle!! LOL!! I had to have my mom pull the 1/3 of the bee out of my ankle. It swelled sooooooooooooo bad!!!! I could barely walk on it for 2 days! Not kidding it was 3 times the size of my other ankle. The swelling didn't go all the way down for 4 days!! So I understand the whole bee thing!!!

Well, gotta run! I'll be back later!!

TTFN

I knew you guys would understand my interest in White Christmas. We are all love musicals.

Denine, by golly, I think you have your intruders under control. I'm sure that's a relief with you leaving soon. I think I would have moved into an apt, LOL. I cannot sit still with them buzzing around OUTSIDE. I can't imagine INSIDE!

Julie, sorry about your arm. Darn it, I'm sure you aren't happy but at least you can DRIVE!! And....... it will be off by DISNEY!! Got your wrist measurement. That's my size, too.

I worked as a cashier in High School at a store similar to Target only it was a local store. We had to fill in at the concession stand when they went on break so I've done that, too. What I hated the most was dipping ICE CREAM. I was always sticky. I also cashiered at the Disney Store for one holiday season. Heidi, your stint is for a great cause and I know Julie appreciates it more than you know!! She loved my measly 215.00 so I'm sure she really loves you volunteering the time to make what the booth earns.

We are busy cleaning the house and getting ready to go to Vail next week. Ted just hates that I want everything picked up before we leave. He's NOT a happy camper. :sad::sad: :rotfl2: BAD ME!

Julie: Ouch on the bee sting! :scared: That stinks that you didn't get the brace off, but at least you can move your arm and drive now.

Sandy: They do seem to be under control. I had visions of a house full of yellow jackets when we got home!

Can't wait for Via Napoli pizza and sangria for lunch tomorrow! :hyper::hyper:

Sandy: I am the same way, the house has to be clean before we go on vacation. I am not as hyper about it as I used to be, but it still has to be clean.

Hello everyone. We're having a pretty good time in Vail. We didn't get as nice of a room this year and that bummed me but I'm over it now. The only thing missing is the vaulted ceiling. The view is the same. We walked around Vail Village today. Our favorite trail is closed so that was a bummer. It's a lot of walking. My feet and back are killing me. We are waiting for it to get dark and then we will head to the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub to relax. Headed back to Aspen tomorrow.

Denine, looks like you had a great day today at MK.

Denine - I am so happy you got to go to the soft opening of the new Fantasyland. My friend is down there and told me all about it so I was hoping you were at the MK too.

Julie - That sucks you didn't get the brace off, but at least you can drive!!! YAY!!!!! Your bee story has my ankle hurting. OMG, I can't believe the stinger and butt was stuck in your ankle! The pain would have been horrible and not being able to swat it away I would have been running like a crazy maniac!

Mom - Bummer you didn't get as nice of a room, but I am sure the hot tub and pool makes up for it!! I would love to be up in the mountains today with a hot tub!

I work 4 days this week and then am off from 10/19-10/29!!!! I had a good weekend, got to see my cousin's boyfriend play hockey, then I went to my godson's soccer game, had lunch with my sister and her family, then had enough time to finish laundry and do a little reading. Tonight is Monday night football for the Broncos....I'm guessing I will be a little tired tomorrow!

Hey guys, I'm looking for some prayers. We just got a text from my niece that my sister isn't doing very well at all. She can't talk, drifts in and out, lost 30-40 pounds which she never had to lose, won't eat, loses her way in a conversation and color isn't right. She's been a smoker all her life. She has a true phobia of doctors so she hasn't been to one other than to take one of her daughters to doctor visits because of her seizures. She is refusing to go to one now. My niece deep down thinks it's cancer but she's praying it's just the flu. I'm scared. She became a hermit of sorts years ago. We couldn't pull her out of the house for a lunch or anything. She did attend my mom and dad's funeral. It's been that long since I've seen her. I have guilt feelings but I did try and try and try to communicate to no avail. Now I wonder if I did enough. Please pray for my sister.

Mom - Don't think that way, you did try your hardest. She hardly sees her daughter and granddaughter as well so that speaks volumes. I think we have hung out with Danielle longer than she has and we just met him. I am praying for her as it is a very difficult and sad time. Please try and enjoy your time in Vail. LYMI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter