October 19, 2002 Cruisers, Never ending.......

Good morning! Thanks for the anniversary wishes, I was in training that day so I couldn't log on. It has been a busy week, training M-W, catching up on 231 emails and 14 voicemails yesterday, and today our bosses are throwing us a BBQ for lunch! Fun Fun! Tomorrow is Joey and Tyler's birthday and Sunday is the 5k Strides for Epilepsy! I guess next weekend will be when I get some time off!!!

Barb - your family reunion sounds like a blast. I want you to adopt me too! You are such a great planner! I always remember Jaymee's anniversary!

Julie - That's great the kiddos did so well. I can't believe my girls are now on to HS, yikes!

Mom and Julie - Love your Australian accent!

HOT - HOT - HOT - HOT

We need a ittle relief! Too early for this miserable weather.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I am working from home today and thought I'd come check in. We are heading to Nashville tomorrow for another hockey showcase. Then we get a break for a while. I am planning to work from NAshville Mon-Wed at the hotel. Turner's day is 8:00am-8:00pm. On ice, off ice, seminars, fitness, interviews, etc. He will be one busy individual.

I guess all the kidos are out of school or will be soon. Sounds like the Lauter clan did very well!! Cool!

Flight 1549 fibnally made it back to Charlotte today. This the is the USAIRWAYS flight that made the emergency landing in the Hudson. They brought it back for the Aviation museum here since so many people on the flight were from Charlotte.

Gotta get on a conference call so I will check in again when I can.

LYMI

Susan, I heard the plane was headed your way. What a story! Sounds like a full day for Turner that's for sure but I bet all this will pay off with a college scholarship.

Heidi, thanks for the compliment on Julie and my accent. We worked hard to get it.

I'm excited. Thanks to the DISboards I am getting a Keratin treatment to end the frizzies and straighten my hair for about 3-5 months. YIPPEE!!!! If it works, vacation will be soooo much better.

Julie, is that your house that you posted a picture on FB???? If so, I love, love, love the style. LOVE IT!!! It reminds me of "home" in SD. Did you put siding on or paint? I'm asking because it looks like the same color of siding we put on. I had to laugh because Ted got to choose the color the first time we painted......blue.

Mom - I just wanted to let you know we have the girls again this weekend so be ready to be bombarded tomorrow when we make it to the campground! Emily really wanted to do the Strides for Epilepsy again so Jen said it was okay for them to come down!

Guess Who?

Happy Anniversary Heidi! Albeit a little late.

We are off to Makenzie's Confirmation party today, just wish it was warmer, it is only 62 right now. It is only supposed to get up to 71 later. I would lile my 95 of Wednesday back thank you!

As you all know, things have been turned upside down around here. Jerry's last day was Wednesday. He has a good severance package, so we will be OK as long as he doesn't go too long without a job. I am really hoping he has something by the first of the year. He is involved with this outreach place that his co mpany set them all up with. He has a resume writing class next week, plus he can take o n-line classes. He is trying to get set up on Linked-in.

We finished with school too. Kaleigh will start 4th grade with 5th grade math come August sometime. I still have to order the next Latin program.

Right now, we are busy with Kaleigh's baseball, she will be playing 3 games a week; 2 with the city and 1 with homeschoolers. We also have 4-H once a week. She needs to come up with an idea for a poster project for fair. It will be judged and put on display. She can do it on anything in her project book which is on veterinary science.

We are still going to DL and on the MR cruise in October as planned. Everything is paid for already. We just can't do excursions or spend much on alcohol on the cruise. We have to keep expenses down as much as possible.

Hey Denine, I seriously missed you. Thanks for coming back. So much to address...... First off, I hope everything works out good for Jerry. He's a smart man that I bet interviews nicely. I love that he has checked into so much. Kaleigh....MATH?????? Wow, I hated math and she's a grade AHEAD! Nice. I'm confused, so how many teams does she belong to for softball? I was never with 4H but hear great things about it. Sounds like 4H keeps you busy on top of everything else.

Today was the Epilepsy walk. It was hot unlike last year when we bundled up in rain gear and sweatshirts. Stacey's team Purple People Cross Country was well represented this year. She had nice tshirts printed and we really stood out. In fact they addressed over the loud speaker. Pretty cool.

Sandy: Glad you had good weather for your walk!

Kaleigh is on 2 baseball teams. The homeschool one isn't really a team so much as a bunch of people get together once a week to play. Her first game is Thursday. Since Jerry is home, he is going to help with that too. We are going to keep him so busy he will wonder how he had time to go to work!

Kaleigh has been a year ahead in math for some time now. She doesn't particularly like math, but she is good at it. We told her she will need it if she really wants to be a vet when she grows up. I was never in 4-H either but my parents were. People always think animals with 4-H, but you never have to do an animal project. They have everything you can think of to do as a project. The veterinary science project is actually a 3-year project and there are 3 levels of it. You can do 2-3 projects a year, but since this was the first year Kaleigh is involved and the first year she is elegible to even do a project, we are keeping it simple.

We had a nice time at the Confirmation party yesterday and now they are headed off to WDW like so many other people I know. I am living vicariously!

Denine - Glad you can keep Jerry busy. I hope he gets a job fast so you guys don't have to stress out about it. That is great Kaleigh is doing so well in Math. I did pretty well in Math, but hated it! Hopefully she learns to like it. Emily wants to be a vet too! How is she doing in Latin? Sounds like she will have a busy summer break with softball! I can't wait to hear how you liked the med cruise. Chris and I want to go on one someday! Glad Makenzie's confirmation party went good.

I never did good in math nor did I like it. YUCK! Then on top of it when I got so sick from mono in 7th grade I was out of school for 6 weeks and then 2 weeks of half days. I completely lost it in Math. Never did play catch up there.

I don't know how you can handle two teams, Denine. Most people have a hard time fitting in just one. At least you have Jerry that can help. Can't wait to hear about your cruise. Yippee.

Well, I weighed in and so far I have lost 6.25 pounds. I know that's great but I do realize that you lose a lot in the beginning. I teared up today when I was there. I want it sooooo bad. This afternoon I'm going for my 3 hour Keratin treatment to defrizz me. I am really excited over that. Last night I washed my hair, didn't put in any products and let it air dry. I had Ted take a picture of it last night and I will take a picture of it tonight and then after my first washing. I hope to see a MAJOR difference!!

Hi Guys!!!

We are here in Lorton Virginia waiting to get on the Auto train!!!! The car ride down wasn't bad at all. We got here in about 5 1/2 hours with only one stop for gas. We checked in at 10:30am and then went and got something to eat. I can honestly say that SO FAR this has been so much more relaxing then driving OR flying!!!! We shall see once on board. We get dinner on board and a breakfast... all included in the price. Our menu includes medallions of beef, talbot fish (sp), manicotti (sp) penne pasta with meatballs, or veggie lasagna. The kids can also order mac and cheese if they wish. I heard that the food is pretty good, so I will let you know.

Makenzie had a wonderful confirmation yesterday. I only wished that it was a bit warmer, but we still had a very nice day. We had lots of laughs like always!

Glad to hear that the walk went well. I saw the pictures on facebook.

Sandy, we re-sided the house. When we moved in over 14 yrs ago, Garry and I painted the house a light blue. We decided on Colonial Ivory with hunter green shutters. We also got new doors so the house looks brand new, at least on the outside! hehehe!

Well, gotta run. Getting ready to board the train! We will be posting our whole trip. We will be in disney from 14-28 and then Washington DC from 29 to the 1st. We decided to do Washington for the 2 days after, since we are so close and we have all the kids (including Anna Marie!!:woohoo:). It was funny, we didn't let the kids know she was able to go with us, so when we left the house, we said good bye to her and drove off. We got 2 blocks away and I said, opps I forgot my phone so we went back to the house and I ran in got my phone and then Anna Marie followed me out the door and said, what the heck, I'm coming!!! The kids were soooooooooooo excited. I had packed her clothes in suitcase when the kids weren't looking! BY THE WAY... only 2 big suitcases once again for the 6 of us. We do have 2 small carry ons for the train.. plus a small cooler and another bag of snacks... but... I'm good! :lmao:

Will post more later!!

TTFN

JULIE, I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU. This trip sounds AWESOME. I can't wait to read all about it. I love DC. Ok, so now you know me by now that I am an emotional person but your little Anna Marie secret made me tear up and get goosebumps all at the same time. Your kids certainly adore her. Love it. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

I wish we were going on the Med cruise. We are going on the Mexican Riviera cruise in October.

We actually have no plans for today. It is pretty rare these days.

So Julie, how was the food?

Hope your hair treatment went well Sandy.

Mom - Your hair looks good! Are you going to wash it and let it dry by itself and take a pic?

Julie - How exciting to be going by train. I think this will be a trip of a lifetime for the Lauter family! I can't wait to hear about the train ride and the food. I love DC, problem is there is just way too much to do!

Denine - Oops, guess I was reading into your post, I thought you said Med cruise...I guess that happens so early in the morning for me! The Mexican Riviera cruise will be fun. What ports are you stopping at?

Heidi, ya, I think that will be step 4 and I will probably flat iron it for a step 5.

Denine, a nice day to nothing? How did you work that?

When Heidi posted the med cruise I thought, oh how did I miss that. Glad it was Heidi's fault!

Mom - Don't get down on yourself, stay positive. You can do this. Water aerobics will help when you can start up again with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter