October 17, 2013 3-Night

HI JSDS,

We will be heading back to BLT for four nights too! Seems we're the only ones on this cruise who are heading to WDW after instead of before.
We'll be spending the night before at the Country Inns & Suites at the Port.

Is anybody thinking of going to Fishlips the night before the cruise?

We have had a dummy date with Disney for 6 months and finally decided to change it to this cruise! DH and I went on this same cruise last year and the weather at Castaway Cay was FABULOUS! We are bringing DS, age 13, with us this year. I am a teacher and that Thurs/Fri is Fall Break for us. This cruise is just the right length for a quick getaway. :beach: We are very excited! If anyone else has a 13 yr old boy going, I am sure DS would love to "meet" someone before we go. See you in October! :cool1:

Has anyone started a Fish Extender thread for this cruise yet? We'd like to join one for the kids!

I just paid the deposit for this cruise. It will be my DD (age 10 at the time) and me. We just did our first cruise in April (Dream - same itinerary and length) and didn't feel like we saw enough - so we're doing it again!

We are ready to get this booked but have to wait for our travel agent to return to his office next week. So excited!!! First Disney cruise for us. Party consists of myself (total Disney addict), DH (goes along with it), and DD (age 11 .. total Disney addict like me).:cheer2:

My husband and I just booked this cruise last weekend! I would love to do the FE with our son to make his first cruise extra special!!!

I will be booking very soon !!!!!!

This will be our 4 th cruise on the DREAM!!!!!!

Would love to be included in the FE. They are a lotta fun !!!!

I am so glad I found this thread! We will be on this cruise. It is our first time on a Disney Cruise (well DH, and kids first cruise ever). Would love any advice. It will be myself, DH, DS11 and DD6. Not sure what an FE is but if it's fun, we might be interested ;) Thanks!

Oh and we're debating on when to add the land portion of our trip. We've been planning on adding it before our trip but after checking airfare it will be cheaper if we go after. Plus we'd have to take the kids out of school for less days. Anyone done the parks after the cruise and have any words of wisdom?

Just wanted everyone to know that I counted and we are 164 days away! :dance3::cheer2::hourglass:cool1:

This makes me so happy! I don't want to wish the summer away, but I can't wait for the cruise. It will be our first vacation that doesn't involve traveling to see family in 8 years.

I am so glad I found this thread! We will be on this cruise. It is our first time on a Disney Cruise (well DH, and kids first cruise ever). Would love any advice. It will be myself, DH, DS11 and DD6. Not sure what an FE is but if it's fun, we might be interested ;) Thanks!

FE is Fish Extender. There are tons of threads that talk about it on the DCL cruise forum. We haven't done one yet, but are thinking about it this time. We are all just waiting on someone to set it up! :scratchin;)

Oh and we're debating on when to add the land portion of our trip. We've been planning on adding it before our trip but after checking airfare it will be cheaper if we go after. Plus we'd have to take the kids out of school for less days. Anyone done the parks after the cruise and have any words of wisdom?

We did Universal after a Disney cruise a couple of years back and the only problem was that DH got really, really dizzy after riding the Harry Potter ride. That has never happened before and I read somewhere that some people still have "sea legs" for a few days after they get off a cruise. I guess that's what happened to DH. That cruise was a 5 night though, so hopefully you won't have the same problem!:thumbsup2

Hello!

I would love to participate in a FE. I haven't been on a Disney Cruise and obviously haven't participated in one before but I would be willing to start one if there is someone that can help me!

What I am thinking is that we could create a spreadsheet that we put on Google Docs. This way participating families could update and add their own information without one person having to gather all the info.

If you haven't used Google docs before, only the people that the administrator (myself) shares the document with can see and edit what is there.

I am also thinking that we will want to keep the group to about 20, then we could split to another group. I am thinking it will be easier for a short cruise to not get too big.

For those that have participated before, do you think this would work? If so, what kind of info do we need from each person/family?

Thanks!
Jessica

Hello!

I would love to participate in a FE. I haven't been on a Disney Cruise and obviously haven't participated in one before but I would be willing to start one if there is someone that can help me!

What I am thinking is that we could create a spreadsheet that we put on Google Docs. This way participating families could update and add their own information without one person having to gather all the info.

If you haven't used Google docs before, only the people that the administrator (myself) shares the document with can see and edit what is there.

I am also thinking that we will want to keep the group to about 20, then we could split to another group. I am thinking it will be easier for a short cruise to not get too big.

For those that have participated before, do you think this would work? If so, what kind of info do we need from each person/family?

Thanks!
Jessica

I'll be honest - we just did our first FE in April on the Dream and had 15 families. It took us almost 2 hours to organize and deliver all the gifts and on a 3 day cruise, that's a long time. I would suggest limiting it to 10 per group. Just my 2 cents.

I wish I could just post the group link here .. would make life so much simpler!

after facebook.com
paste: /groups/dream101713/

There is also a group called Disney Cruise Meet Facebook Groups. They have a listing of disney cruise fb groups. The group link is on there also.

Jessica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter