October 17, 2009 Western

So, it's 4am. I've been up since 2am. I just KNEW I was going to have insomnia tonight! :headache: My flight doesn't leave till 3pm - why the heck am I awake?!?!

Finishing up with the suitcase... getting ready to pack the car! I can't wait til we hit the road running!! See you at the Residence Inn!!!

Okay, I think we are finally ready! The cab is scheduled to pick us up at 4:30, which is about 35 minutes from now. I hope I remembered everything. Surely, I did, because it looks like I have packed the whole apartment into these suitcases! I think my bag came in around 45 lbs. :cool1:

FOr those of you who have not left yet, here's a story for you: last night, I came back from work around 8pm, and DH told me he was on the phone with Continental, because 12 HOURS before our flight, we learned it was CANCELLED!!! :scared1:

This never happened to us, and we were sort of freaking out! At least we are flying on friday, and not on the day of the cruise!!!!!! So anyway, we talked with continental and finally we are flying today at 3pm, and arriving at orlando at 9pm... not the best, but it's ok!

And THEN, we decided to weigh our suitcases, JUST IN CASE they were more heavy than 50 lbs each....... well, they were BOTH 60lbs.... HOW CAN THAT BE???? :confused3

Anyway, we tried taking stuff out, but couldn't find 20 lbs to lose, so we decided to take a 3rd suitcase, too bad for the extra charge, at least we won't have to leave our FE gifts home!:rotfl:

so anyway, we are leaving in 5 hrs for Orlando!

Anne-Karine

Add me to the list of the "not ready"! Mostly packed....just need to add toiletries and basic medical stuff. Have an appt. for a fill-in today at 10 because I couldn't get one yesterday. We leave for the airport at around 2pm.....looking good.

See everyone soon.

Anne-Karine: so sorry for your stress.....glad it all worked out. Another reason to always plan to come in a day early......gives you a little cushion to work with.

Alright all you Phillies fans, now don't go trying to jump all over me tomorrow if you go up 2-0. I have a feeling I am the only Dodgers fan on this trip. All I know is that we should have won last night. We had plenty of chances in the later innings case of the lack of the Phillies bullpen and did not come through in the clutch. I was listing to the game on my iphone here at WDW and I was sick to my stomach. Still you guys won, so kudos. I always give criedit were credit is due. You guys out hit, not out pitched us. if our pitching lived up to its billing, I think there may have been a different outcome. Oh well what's done is done.

Okay, we are off in 2 hours as well. Arrive into MCO at 8:30pm. I wish we had time to go to DD Disney, but my mom says the airport hotels are too far away.

Bags are packed and in the car, have to wake up the kids and we are set.

See everyone tomorrow at 3pm, or if not sooner at the Mickey pool.

Bon Voyage:goodvibes

Yeah! Sunshine! I hope everyone is enjoying this cruise as much or even more than they expected. This one's been different than the others in many ways, good and bad, but none of the bad has been DCL's fault and all of the good is. I'm praying we have excellent weather at Castaway Cay tomorrow.

WOW!! I can't believe we are home already!!!!! The cruise was better than I expected!!! THe weather was crappy a bit, but that was fine!!!!!!! WE were on vacation!!!!!

One more day and we will be home. Had a great time.. only got to catch up with Laura, Wendy and Monica.. sorry I missed the rest of you tho'!!

Well we are all settled in at AKV in the club. Man is it nice. I only met Steve and ImangiearM. Wish I got to meet more of you. ImangiearM I owe you a great thanks. Hope everyone makes/made it home alright.

What a wonderful and quick week! Yes, the weather could have been better but at least we were on a cruise :) We are hanging out in our hotel room before we start the last leg of our trip home tomorrow. I do have a feeling I will be dealing with sick kids this week as they both have running noses and are horse...:guilty:

We are home. Wonderful trip, but we are exhausted. DD threw up in bed Saturday morning at midnight. Had to call housekeeping to change her bunk and then her extra PJ's were packed so, had to deal with that. She and DH stayed up most of the night watching tV. DH has a fever and has lost his voice.

I kept running into Monica, Sue and Angie through out the cruise. No I wasn't stalking, I think Facebook just helped me recognize you all.

We had great table mates and really good match, we have already started to plan a trip to SF to visit them.

Laura

Laura

What a wonderful and quick week! Yes, the weather could have been better but at least we were on a cruise :) We are hanging out in our hotel room before we start the last leg of our trip home tomorrow. I do have a feeling I will be dealing with sick kids this week as they both have running noses and are horse...:guilty:

Hopefully it is nothing serious. of course, looks like DD and DH both caught something as they are not feeling well either.

Question - Was it just because the seas were rough or did the stablizers not work on Sunday and Monday? Luckly we did not get sick, but saw plenty of ohters sick on the those days. Monday evening several folks had to leave palos dinner because they were not feeling well.

Laura

Question - Was it just because the seas were rough or did the stablizers not work on Sunday and Monday? Luckly we did not get sick, but saw plenty of ohters sick on the those days. Monday evening several folks had to leave palos dinner because they were not feeling well.

Laura

I personaly do not think so. I have been on when the stableizers do not work. Let me tell you it gets way worse than that.

I feel more seasick this morning then I did last Sun and Mon. When will my internal "ship" stop rocking. It's really making me ill!!

Debbie..

I woke up this morning with a headache that would not go away! Not sure if it is from the trees or what!! Mike and I have a "rocking feeling" also!!!

Hopefully the feeling wil not stay too long!!!

me

Well we are all settled in at AKV in the club. Man is it nice. I only met Steve and ImangiearM. Wish I got to meet more of you. ImangiearM I owe you a great thanks. Hope everyone makes/made it home alright.

Not sure, but I think you also met me at Castaway Cay. I was the lady with the DVC cap on (the charter member) right near your very soggy lounge chairs! I didn't realize you might also be a DISer until my friend Nancy mentioned you were on their DCL bus and worked for SWA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter