October 17, 2009 Western

Okay now I am a little worried about the weather on our trip. I checked out Weather.com and looked at our ports and it looks like each one is calling for rain. I don't think I want to pack the kids big rain coats. Are there some small rain ponchos to buy somewhere? On the ship or in a port? I have never been to the Caribbean so I am not familiar with their weather.

I bought some rain ponchos at Target. I think they were around $10. We haven't had a chance to use them yet, which is fine by me!

jet blue allows one free checked bag per customer, $30 for second and $75 for a third :scared1: i think it is BS they charge so much or at all....you are already paying to fly on them!! just sayin.........

I believe less luggage means more commercial cargo they can take on the plane for a fee...

he airport to find out it is over 50 lbs and they charge you $50 on top of the $15 fee

I had to pay $50 on our last cruise for an overstuffed bag. Now I weigh on the bathroom scale after I pack to make sure:idea:

Welcome to all new members who decides to join at the last minute!:yay:

I am also doing some last minute shopping at Target and Walmart. I just have to pack them up and watch the weight not to exceed 50lbs. :headache:

I am still feeling out of place that this cruise is coming reality. I have been planning this for a long time, doing research here and there, and finally time has come!

I watched DCL DVD with my kids, and they are all excited. I know I will be overwhelmed when I first see the Magic at the port. I am leaving in 72 hours!!:woohoo:

I'm a little worried about the weather too......it looks like rain every day in the Caribbean. :scared1:
I don't know if this answers any questions, but if it rains while you are on an excursion tour, DCL will provide free Mickey Mouse ponchos. I have several from our Med and PC cruises.

Debbie - I think Southwest (Alan's airline) is the only one that doesn't charge for bags any more. But all will charge big $$$$ if they are over 50lbs, so it is better to have 1 checked bag for person and pay the $15/bag, than trying to fit alot into one bag and get tot he airport to find out it is over 50 lbs and they charge you $50 on top of the $15 fee

I realized that our nice rolling bags add 10 lbs to the start, so I switch to a duffle.

Laura

Thanks for the free plug. I think the free bags thing maybe one reason why it is going to be hard to get to MCO tomorrow. Our loads are not usally this high this time of year.

For those that want the logo for this cruise, just click on any of our signatures that have it and save to your computer. It is a small graphic unfortunately.

Laura

For those that want the logo for this cruise, just click on any of our signatures that have it and save to your computer. It is a

Thanks Laura, I guess I could have thought of that.

It is pouring rain in Northern California today, which is given me a good excuse to stay in and finish up all of my last minute stuff. Too bad I have a 1 1/2 year old who is not very helpful.

SEe you guys on Saturday.. or we'll be at the Residence Inn before.. :).. I don't know what most of you look like but I'll be the Chinese one with the blonde daughter (not hard to spot).. :) Please come up and say hi!!!! :)

HAPPY PACKING.. :)!!!

Yeah!!! I am all booked - we are in cabin #1069 and I have never stayed below 7! Hopefully it is a nice quiet room for the most part.

We have our flights booked now - leaving Friday and flying NW direct to Orlando and then we are going somehow on to the port to stay the night at the Residence Inn - just have not decided if we are renting a car or taking a shuttle/town car :confused3 I have also purchased our trip insurance (I never cruise without it).

I am excited about this cruise and I see some people that were on the WB PC in may 2008 and also some on the upcoming EB TA in April 2010 that we have taken/are taking!

I have one child totally packed and the other part of the way - and I am working on my stuff! We are flying NWA and we get 2 pieces of luggage each (I am an elite member) with no charge so no worries BUT I am trying to pack light for the TA cruise as we will be traveling Europe afterwards so this is kinda a trial run!

So in less than 24 hours we decided to go, have booked most things, and are half way packed! I still have a lot to do!

Everyone who is leaving - have fun and hope to meet you on the cruise!

Anyone else near our room - #1069 ?

Krisann

Hi Sue and Krisann,

Are you guys both staying at the Residence Inn at the port right? We are arriving into MCO at 8:30pm Friday night and staying at the RI at the airport. I am wondering if we should stay at the one at the port instead. My mom has special marriott rates so she booked it. Maybe I will get her to change hotels so we have a little more leisure time on Saturday.

We are staying in room #7530 if anyone is close by, let me know.

We are also staying at the RI on Friday night after a very long drive:cool1:

We are staying on Deck 2 ...can't wait til Saturday :banana:

Ajtour (33), DH (35), DS (5), & DD (3)

Well we had a change of plans - we are staying at the Embassy Suites at MCO on Friday night and taking Disney shuttle to port. Will be easier and cheaper for us as I was able to get our room free with points.

Now back to packing . . .

Everyone... In less than 24 hours we will be in WDW and then in less than 10 hours we will be boarding the plane first to Dallas and then on to MCO. How I am jealous of those who get direct flights.

We are packed and I sure if I am not forgetting anything, but then again, I know I have overpacked, because that is my nature. We have 2 checked backs and then 2 rolling carryons and 2 "personal items" (aka backpacks) for the 3 of us.

Krisann - I sent you a PM with the list. We are on Deck 2. Kristi - There are a number of folks on this board on Deck 7. I don't know the ship that well, so I can not say if they are close to you are not.

Laura

Everyone... In less than 24 hours we will be in WDW and then in less than 10 hours we will be boarding the plane first to Dallas and then on to MCO. How I am jealous of those who get direct flights.

We are packed and I sure if I am not forgetting anything, but then again, I know I have overpacked, because that is my nature. We have 2 checked backs and then 2 rolling carryons and 2 "personal items" (aka backpacks) for the 3 of us.

Krisann - I sent you a PM with the list. We are on Deck 2. Kristi - There are a number of folks on this board on Deck 7. I don't know the ship that well, so I can not say if they are close to you are not.

Laura

Have a safe trip Laura, we'll see you soon!

Just a few more hours until we hit the road. The kids have a half-day at school today, so we'll pick them up around noon and then set out. We're staying overnight in Hilton Head tonight, then on to WDW for 2 nights at the BLT.

I woke up at 4:15 a.m. this morning and then couldn't fall back to sleep, so here I am at 5:15 squeezing in some more Disboard wisdom to make sure I haven't missed anything. Everything is packed and ready to go. Now we just have to drop off our dog at DSIL's house, load the car, and wait for the short school day to end.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Promenade Lounge at 3:00.

Baloohoo,

Have a safe trip!! If we had time, i would love to drive. We drove to Florida a couple of years ago and had a blast. It was such an adventure!!!

Well, like doberlady we all cannot share a suitcase..not sure what I was thinking. My DH looked at me like i had 10 heads yesterday........oh well... i just wanted to travel light. The DD's are old enough now that they will be carrying their stuff, maybe I thought we would have to lug it around.....

C u all soon!!!!!!!

Linda- We are winding up with 6 checked bags haha

4 rolling suitcases (large)
1 rolling garment bag
1 checked toiletry bag

The kids will also have a backpack each. What can you do. :rolleyes:

I can't remember if we are allowed to take perscription meds in a carryone? It's in the original bottle?

hi guys,

last night we were up packing until midnight, I finished the magnets, that was exciting!!! :) Last night we had a mini crisis, we couldn't find the luggage tags, they were in some box in the basement!!!:confused3

So I have 2 more work days (incl. today), and FINALLY we'll be off to Orlando!:cool1:

See you soon!!!!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter