October 17, 2009 Western

We also booked the Wishes Dessert Party for 10/16! We booked the first day they extended it into October and got an 8:00 arrival time. Friday, 10/16 is our one parks day before the cruise, and I was closely watching for weeks to see when they were going to extend the Wishes Dessert Party past August since we had only one option. This should be a great way to get our taste buds ready for the cruise. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Super!!! You'll have to post a family pic so I'll recognize you! ;)

Speaking of next year... have you decided which cruise you'll take in 2010, Penny? I think we're going to need to cancel our Transatlantic :sad1: so we're considering either the 10-23-10 Eastern or the Wonder's Panamal Canal cruise later that Winter.

I am doing the Westbound Transatlantic, and we will be on the Wonder to bring her to her new home here in Los Angeles

Speaking of next year... have you decided which cruise you'll take in 2010, Penny? I think we're going to need to cancel our Transatlantic :sad1: so we're considering either the 10-23-10 Eastern or the Wonder's Panamal Canal cruise later that Winter.

Oh no - and I was so excited to meet people in October who'll be sailing with me in April!

I will be sailing the 3rd ful week in October next year (October 16 Western). I have already joined this thread as this is a Parrottheads in Paradise cruise and I am now an honorary member. There is a group of Parrottheads who cruise about every other year or so on this week and the 2010 cruise is their year. I'm so excited! I figure I will have new magnets for that!!

And while I am on this cruise, I will be creating my dummy reservation for the PC cruise in 2011 once those times are announced.

Oh no - and I was so excited to meet people in October who'll be sailing with me in April!

I'm really bummed. :sad: I thought we might be able to get away with taking both our fall and spring trips, but 2 of the kids have already missed a day of school due to being sick - and they never get sick!!! I just don't think it's going to work... we were only borderline okay with the total number of missed days before. The Panama Canal cruise would be an acceptable alternative. I just wish they'd hurry up and release dates! We have friends cruising on the 10-23 Western, so that's why I'm also considering that one as well.

I am doing the Westbound Transatlantic, and we will be on the Wonder to bring her to her new home here in Los Angeles

I wish I could switch to the WB TA, but the price difference for us is unreal!

My EB was booked at $10,615.05 - that's (2) Cat 11s for the 7 of us and includes RT air! We booked the first day and were lucky enough to get in on the airfare pricing 'glitch.'

The WB would be $9,193.10 for the (2) Cat 9s which is the lowest Cat still available... or $15,907.70 with air!!! :scared1:

I thought about booking without air and keeping my fingers crossed that I would run across a killer deal when the rates come out... but I probably should just hold out for the Wonder's repo. Even if the price of the cruise is sky high, it will at least be a cheap, short, and nonstop flight home from LAX.

I will be sailing the 3rd ful week in October next year (October 16 Western). I have already joined this thread as this is a Parrottheads in Paradise cruise and I am now an honorary member. There is a group of Parrottheads who cruise about every other year or so on this week and the 2010 cruise is their year. I'm so excited! I figure I will have new magnets for that!!

And while I am on this cruise, I will be creating my dummy reservation for the PC cruise in 2011 once those times are announced.

Cool! It looks like there may be several of us sailing together again!!!

So I just cancelled our Transatlantic cruise... and the only reason I'm not crying is because I just booked a 4-night Wonder cruise in February under the new Kids Sail Free promo! I'm thinking of it as sort of a consolation prize! :laughing:  The total was only $1,895.44 --- or just $67.69 per person/per day! Can't beat that!!! We'll most likely combine this with a few days in the Cocoa Beach area including some time at Kennedy Space Center. The kids will only miss 3 days of school due to it being conference week! ;) Of course, I'll still be anxiously awaiting the release of the dates for the Panama Canal cruise! I'm starting to think that this cruising thing is becoming an addiction!

So I just cancelled our Transatlantic cruise... and the only reason I'm not crying is because I just booked a 4-night Wonder cruise in February under the new Kids Sail Free promo! I'm thinking of it as sort of a consolation prize! :laughing:  The total was only $1,895.44 --- or just $67.69 per person/per day! Can't beat that!!! We'll most likely combine this with a few days in the Cocoa Beach area including some time at Kennedy Space Center. The kids will only miss 3 days of school due to it being conference week! ;) Of course, I'll still be anxiously awaiting the release of the dates for the Panama Canal cruise! I'm starting to think that this cruising thing is becoming an addiction!

We are already booked on a 3 night cruise in Dec 2010. Will be short after a 7 day, but it was a DVC free incentive and I'm also planning a WDW land portion. Don't know if I can wait that long, but have a few DLR trips planned in the mean time... Also, I can't wait for the Wonder to come out West, will be great to cruise Disney without having to fly cross country :thumbsup2

I was reading some of the posts and wanted to share some info incase some of you did not know. Some of the info is public, and some of it is not. I was given to me by a friend who works reservations at DCL. The public part is, DCL will be anoucing their 2011 plans at the D23 expo. Their annoucment is at 9 A.M. Pacific time on 9/11. Now the not so public part. On sale date is on or very close to 10/6. Maybe a week before or after. So those planing on dumby dates on the ship, will not have to. Also the Panama cruise will be in the heart of the school year. Right now, well just after DCL said they were coming to L.A. To home port the Wonder, sailing is early Feb. Now all this is subject to change, but this is what I base my planing on. Also I wanted to throw this out there. If anyone is planing on a DVC purchase on the ship and you are not members yet. I will be happy to tell you of my DVC experancies. I wish I joined earlier. So there you go. Remember sail, and on sale date are subject to change but not a big change as DCL would have already had to book their Canal transit reservation

Thanks for the info on the 2011 cruises and DVC. We are really interested in DVC and really considered buying last year while we were in DW. We are really considering purchasing on the ship. I also know we will book another cruise for same time next year (except an Eastern) since DH is already talking about it and we have not even been on this cruise yet :goodvibes

Can't wait for the 2011 dates and info! :yay:

I am also getting so exciting and keep on buying new outfits for myself & kids when I see them (especially since all the summer stuff is on clearance)

Anjanette (33), DH (35), DS (5), & DD (3)

Thanks for the info on the 2011 cruises and DVC. We are really interested in DVC and really considered buying last year while we were in DW. We are really considering purchasing on the ship. I also know we will book another cruise for same time next year (except an Eastern) since DH is already talking about it and we have not even been on this cruise yet :goodvibes

Can't wait for the 2011 dates and info! :yay:

I am also getting so exciting and keep on buying new outfits for myself & kids when I see them (especially since all the summer stuff is on clearance)

Anjanette (33), DH (35), DS (5), & DD (3)

My only regret was not getting DVC on the ship. The incentives are much better than on land. We were at Disneyland one day and just said, we vacation so much to WDW that we should get the info and see if we can aford it. So we did it and took the info and relized we could aford to do it. Now we are havng our 1st aniversary as DVC members.

:goodvibesWhat are the incentives if you purchase DVC on the ship? I know last year, if we would have bought Kadini Village at Animal Kingdom, we received +100 something points extra from what I remember...thanks

:goodvibesWhat are the incentives if you purchase DVC on the ship? I know last year, if we would have bought Kadini Village at Animal Kingdom, we received +100 something points extra from what I remember...thanks

No clue what the current incentive are. But on the ship I have no problem talking to you on the ship about DVC if you wish

The incentives are constantly changing. You could post on the DVC Boards and you may find someone who has recently purchased onboard that can tell you, but there is no guarantee the same incentives will be available 6 weeks from now. When we purchased onboard last November, we received the current land incentives plus an additional $500 onboard credit! I can't remember the amount of points needed to get the credit... it was not the minimum buy in of 160 points though. If you think you may be interested in buying while onboard, I'd highly recommend doing some extensive research first to figure out exactly what you are wanting/needing. We bought 283 points split into 2 contracts (160 + 123) with an October use year at Bay Lake Tower. We're still very happy with our decision and we're looking forward to our first trip "home" in October! :)

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here is a while because I had my inlaws over and we were getting ready for the wedding... well... It's official! WE ARE MARRIED! Last saturday actually! The weather was aweful! It rained, it was freezing, windy, etc. but we had a BEAUTIFUL day anyway! It was awesome.

So now that we are married, we just have to wait for our honeymoon... come on october 17th!!!

As for the next cruise, my brand new DH and I are considering the TA cruise in september... maybe we'll book on the ship, or wait and possibly book a dummy date for 2011... I am not sure what to do yet, since maybe by next year it won't be just the 2 of us, but with an extra little person! :P

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here is a while because I had my inlaws over and we were getting ready for the wedding... well... It's official! WE ARE MARRIED! Last saturday actually! The weather was aweful! It rained, it was freezing, windy, etc. but we had a BEAUTIFUL day anyway! It was awesome.

So now that we are married, we just have to wait for our honeymoon... come on october 17th!!!

Congratulations! I remember my friend saying on her wedding day that she was so happy that it was raining, because it made everyone want to stay indoors and party at the wedding.
My wedding was outdoors and so hot that everyone was roasting by the time we got done.

Post a picture if you can

Hi everyone,

maybe we'll book on the ship, or wait and possibly book a dummy date for 2011... I am not sure what to do yet, since maybe by next year it won't be just the 2 of us, but with an extra little person! :P

Congratulations! It must be a relief and a thrill to be officially married. I would never say something so ridiculous as good weather-bad marriage or visa versa but in the case of myself and my roommate, that is exactly how it seemed to turn out. The first of the four of us was married in May and it was an outdoor wedding. Aside from the fact that she forgot (?) to wear a slip under her handmade wedding dress ( you could see her panty lines as she stood before the pastor to take her vows) everything about the day was gorgeous, sparkling, and storybook perfect. The marriage, though, hit the skids within a year and the couple divorced within 4 or 5 years. Dh and I (married 20 years this December) on the other hand, like you and your husband, had awful weather on our wedding day. It was New Years Eve day. It rained, iced, and sleeted. The morning of our wedding, dh stepped one foot out of his apartment's front door, slipped on the ice and fell right on his butt. Going from the church to the reception, it poured. We were met at the door of the resort by the best man and the maid of honor(my sister) with umbrellas. Unfortunately, my sister, who was supposed to be shielding me and my dress was more concerned about her own condition so my hair got a second wash for the day. That night we drove to a party at our friend's house and the fog was so thick, I had to lean my head out of the window to help dh navigate us off the highway.

I hope you and your dh get your wish for a third passenger by the 2011!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter