October 16th, 2022 - 5-Night Halloween on the High Seas Cruise from New York (Bermuda)

Well, longtime lurker on this thread because of all the great information you’ve gathered. Now I’m going on this cruise, though! We had to rebook our 9/30 sailing because some in our extended party had COVID late last week and are still testing positive. Hopefully it will all be cleared up and we can test negative on October 14 and join you all instead!

Well, longtime lurker on this thread because of all the great information you’ve gathered. Now I’m going on this cruise, though! We had to rebook our 9/30 sailing because some in our extended party had COVID late last week and are still testing positive. Hopefully it will all be cleared up and we can test negative on October 14 and join you all instead!

Welcome Aboard! :wave2:

Happy to have helped with the info and have you join our sailing. Hopefully everything is well for this sailing date. Don’t think anyone can be calm until they submit that negative test result online.

View attachment 584073

Important Dates To Remember:

Bermuda Travel Authorization - $40 Per Person can be started up to 1 month before travel to get off ship in Bermuda. (Sept 16, 2022) (REQUIRED to sail)

Online check-in begins 30 Days prior to your sail date. (Sept 16, 2022)

•Proof of vaccination must be uploaded to the Safe Passage website no earlier then 15 Days before sailing. (Oct 1, 2022)

•Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing US and Canadian ports must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Guests ages 4 and under, who are not vaccine-eligible because of age, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by a parent or guardian) taken no more than 3 days before their sail date. Children ages 4 and under will also be required to complete a test at the terminal prior to embarkation (paid for by Disney Cruise Line).

•Reminder Castaway Club is able to book onboard activities and shore excursions before anyone else. Platinum level can book 120 days prior to sailing, Gold 105 days, and Silver 90 days. First time cruisers, who are not yet Castaway Club members, may book 75 days. Pictured below are the dates for our sailing.

View attachment 651816

:grouphug: Official Fish Exchange List -

What is a Fish Exchange?
https://dclfan.com/onboard-activities/what-in-the-world-is-a-disney-cruise-line-fish-extender/

Please post the following to participate in Fish Exchange -
DISer name
Stateroom # (TBD - if you don’t have a # yet)
List stateroom guests (Kids ages time of cruise)
List favorite interests or characters (Optional)

Group Closes Sept 16, 2022 (30 Days Before Sail Date)
•Pixie dust list opens when official list closes.
•Remember check back here the first day of the cruise to see if anyone had a stateroom # change. Not uncommon to try and upgrade your stateroom at the port.
•There is no price point for this Fish Exchange. You can give as little or as much as you wish.
•Must have bag/pouches hanging on your fish outside stateroom to receive FE items. Please do not leave items on the floor outside a stateroom. If no bag present they may have moved staterooms.

:welcome:

✅ - They HAVE confirmed participating
❌ - They have NOT confirmed participating/May not receive items.

👉 Fish Exchange List

✅ •ArielRae

Stateroom# TBD
Me - Loves Mickey Mouse & Ariel
DH - Loves Stitch & Captain America
DS(12) - Loves Mickey Mouse & Roblox

✅ •WonderfulWorld
Stateroom# 6588
Me - Loves Crafts, The Little Mermaid, Drinkerbell and the color purple
SIL - Loves Crafts and the color green

❌•TrixieBerg
Stateroom# 7136
Me - Monsters Inc, Fox & the Hound
Spouse - Cars, Coco, Mickey & Crew, Marvel
Child(9) - Cars, Coco, Mickey & Crew, Marvel

❌•lodge
Stateroom# 9146
Me - Loves Cheshire Cat, Alice, Lady
DH - Loves Stitch, Goofy
DD(12) - Loves Marie, Pluto
DD(12) - Loves Bambi characters

:tink:
Pixie Dust List - You can decide to add these DISer staterooms to your exchange (please let them know you plan to add them) and they can exchange amongst themselves.

✅ •shellzilla
Stateroom# TBD
Me - Moana
Dave -
DS(13) - Wall-E

Message me if you would like anything added to these first three informational pages.
Shellzilla, I would be glad to exchange with you if you would like, just let me know. I am listed in the FE as WonderfulWorld.

ArielRae, does this mean that you and I are the only ones in the "official" exchange? I am in the FB group and cabin 7136 is listed for different people. Do we think the other 2 who signed up may not be going on this trip anymore?

Shellzilla, I would be glad to exchange with you if you would like, just let me know. I am listed in the FE as WonderfulWorld.

ArielRae, does this mean that you and I are the only ones in the "official" exchange? I am in the FB group and cabin 7136 is listed for different people. Do we think the other 2 who signed up may not be going on this trip anymore?

Yes, here on the DIS you and I are the only ones officially participating in the FE since we confirmed our participation. I also see the discrepancy with the FB group so it is up to you if you would like to give to those with the red X. Might want to write to that stateroom on there to see if they did post on here or not. I view postings there with my husbands account, we are part of the Mickey FE there.

I am going to tag @shellzilla here so it notifies her you are interested in giving to her also. :thumbsup2 I’ll post once she and I get our staterooms assigned.

I am also going to tag @lodge and @TrixieBerg again here to give them another opportunity to confirm their participation.

Last edited:
For those that would like to take the chance that your order will be delivered before we sail. :goodvibes

63D27331-6572-4B46-BCF4-3A8AC6702075.jpeg

81C7315D-5DCB-4847-922B-CE7B0C5C9F64.jpeg

Last edited:
I waited for the sun to come up. She is finally in NYC! You can just see one of her funnels. She is being blocked by the Carnival Magic.

CFCE30CF-3EF2-43BF-BBD2-C72473B3EAD4.jpeg

F93EDA32-FA19-412B-92C5-AC998A4791C6.jpeg

Last edited:

The 11:00am hour: The Carnival Magic is leaving to start her cruise so now you can see the Disney Magic better. :goodvibes

CD988E96-9611-46F3-81E0-F6426CAB085A.jpeg

Last edited:
The Magic is now backing out of the NYC port. :goodvibes
9336A8CF-D1E9-499F-A06A-835996BCA3C2.jpeg

They liked to zoom in on the top deck especially midship deck party.
F449B614-98EC-4B09-88DC-3BEBBBB591B7.jpeg
8B5A08D5-5ED4-4EFD-92B2-D1E437EC24E1.jpeg

There she goes! We’ll be on her soon. :goodvibes
E8533BA4-A102-4733-BE2A-2B0BE68E5CED.jpeg
CF6E36FB-0821-49AF-B276-27D6B526EDF5.jpeg
1867B4B0-FE0B-4F74-9944-3D084341F73F.jpeg

As you can see if you have first seating you will miss being up on deck to see her go under the bridge unless you excuse yourself and run up there just before she goes under. We were lucky on our last sailing on her to have had a seat by a port hole and watched as we sailed under.

Last edited:
Safe Passage Day!

Today is the day you can start completing your Safe Passage information for Disney. Remember this needs to be completed to sail. Disney will ask for your QR code at the port. You can click above to follow the link to the website.

Safe Passage Day!

Today is the day you can start completing your Safe Passage information for Disney. Remember this needs to be completed to sail. Disney will ask for your QR code at the port. You can click above to follow the link to the website.
Just completed. It seemed to be pretty straight forward unless I was missing something. It's in Pending status now.

Just completed. It seemed to be pretty straight forward unless I was missing something. It's in Pending status now.

I am surprised you had no issues cause I keep getting reservation not found and those on the other website are posting having the same issue. It shows my previous sailing but when I enter my new reservation number it keeps saying not found. Maybe Disney is behind in uploading all the reservations for our sailing cause of the hurricane.
8195B36E-8543-4394-8903-1180B2A41C40.jpeg

I am surprised you had no issues cause I keep getting reservation not found and those on the other website are posting having the same issue. It shows my previous sailing but when I enter my new reservation number it keeps saying not found. Maybe Disney is behind in uploading all the reservations for our sailing cause of the hurricane.
View attachment 707019
Don't worry if you can't log in yet. People had a similar issue for our sailing when they tried to log in during the first morning available.
I think everyone could log in by the end of the day.
Also, there's no advantage to setting up the account on the first day. If you're still having issues tomorrow or Monday, then it's probably worth the call.

View attachment 707019
My last name begins with "A" so maybe it was the first to be uploaded.
Just completed our Bermuda Travel Authorization as well. Definitely raised my excitement level

We finally got our Safe Passage completed. Guessing there was some lag time going on today for some of us. :goodvibes

Last edited:
A really nice thing happened after feeling totally stressed. So after completing our Safe Passage I had a feeling I completed something wrong on our Bermuda Authorization form. I didn’t see a way to go back and edit it so I called their phone number and turns out everything was correct thankfully and so happens the nice lady on the line cleared us and emailed our Authorization paperwork so we are now good to go with Bermuda. Last hurdle now is to get that negative Covid test. :goodvibes :scared:

Just finished scheduling our families COVID tests at CVS for Fri Oct 14th. Was able to book the Rapid PCR tests so we will have our results that day. Nice we had our choice of times this far out. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter