October 16, 2011 Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

As much as we'd love to join. We're still finishing our cruise wedding prep, not sure we'll have time for FEs :( but sounds like a blast!

Woo Hoo! A Wedding!! I LOVE Weddings!! CONGRATS!! I hope it is everything you dream it could be!

~ Brandy ~

Awesome, thanks!

I totally understand, but why don't you do this - at least give us the room # and Bride and Groom's names, and see what pops up on your door as a wedding surprise? :rolleyes1 I know I have some printable inkjet magnet sheets around here... :scratchin

And if you change your mind, we're not cutting off signups for a few weeks. But there will always be more cruises with more FEs, so focus on what's important, and congrats!

Now this is a great idea Jathanis! :)

~ Brandy ~

Hello again Crystal! It's up to you! I have seen people do something small every night but most people do just one big thing. It takes up quite a bit of time to run around the ship to put things on doors so in my opinion, its easier to do one thing.

PS.... email me if you want ideas! LOL.... I am not doing it on this cruise but have done it a few times and received some cool gifts! :thumbsup2

Hi there! This is my family's first cruise ever and I could use some ideas for the FE if you've got some!! :idea: Think I've pretty much got the girls down, but its the boys I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do for! :confused3 If ya don't mind, could you PM some ideas my way? I'm pretty crafty. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

~ Brandy ~

Hi there! This is my family's first cruise ever and I could use some ideas for the FE if you've got some!! :idea: Think I've pretty much got the girls down, but its the boys I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do for! :confused3 If ya don't mind, could you PM some ideas my way? I'm pretty crafty. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

~ Brandy ~

Just sent you a PM! :thumbsup2

DH Brad Mickey Blue
DW Laurie Belle Red
DS Zach (6) Phineas and Ferb Red
DD Sarah (4) Rapunzel, Ariel, Tiana Pink

Stateroom 7008, no allergies.

I totally understand, but why don't you do this - at least give us the room # and Bride and Groom's names

lol, that's easy enough for me: Derrick & Jen (both 31) Stateroom 6148

Woo Hoo! A Wedding!! I LOVE Weddings!! CONGRATS!! I hope it is everything you dream it could be!

Thank you! We're getting so excited, disney has made the ceremony planning a breeze, so our stress has been quite low. I don't know why more folks don't do cruise weddings! (Plus I really get to feel like a princess on my wedding day princess: )

Thank you! We're getting so excited, disney has made the ceremony planning a breeze, so our stress has been quite low. I don't know why more folks don't do cruise weddings! (Plus I really get to feel like a princess on my wedding day princess: )

That is so awesome!! I wanted to do a cruise for our wedding back in 2009, but we had quite a few family members who were not cool with the idea. :( Scaredy Cats! :scared1: Anyways, I hope it turns out beautiful for you! How could it not??! Beautiful scenery, beautiful ship, and a beautiful couple! (I saw your planning journal) Sooo interesting to read all your exciting details and the stories of the proposal & such!!

Congrats again! :yay:

~ Brandy ~

For those of you on GTY status check the website! We now have a cabin! #5650 and I am SUPER excited about it!! It is perfect for us!! WOO HOO! :banana: Very last room Aft on deck 5 which means our verandah is HUGE! :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

For those of you on GTY status check the website! We now have a cabin! #5650 and I am SUPER excited about it!! It is perfect for us!! WOO HOO! :banana: Very last room Aft on deck 5 which means our verandah is HUGE! :yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Right on! :yay: Wish there was a "jealous of your HUGE verandah" emoticon!! :rotfl2:

~ Brandy ~

I was wondering if anyone who has cruised before might be able to help me out here...

Has anyone ever booked excursions NOT through the cruise ship?? If so, can you let me know how it went? :confused:

I'm having trouble finding an excursion to do with the whole family in Cabo. :headache: :( We were booked on the Harbor Cruise & Scenic Stop until I read on the boards from people who have taken this cruise before, that its not the greatest idea since the ship will drop anchor near the famous rock formations that the Harbor Cruise takes you to see.

I found a site :surfweb: (www.cabosanlucastours.net) that has a bunch of excursions the cruise ship does not offer. I'm a little leary of booking anything NOT through the ship, so any info on this topic would be appreciated! :flower3:

Thanks a bunch!

~ Brandy ~

Has anyone ever booked excursions NOT through the cruise ship?? If so, can you let me know how it went? :confused:

On our Disney Cruise to the Western Carribean we did our own tour in Grand Cayman. We hired a taxi to take us to the Turtle Farm, Governor's Mansion, Hell, and 7 Mile Beach. It was significantly cheaper than the same tour offered through Disney with virtually the same experience(s).

Keep in mind, if your excursion is booked through Disney and the there is a delay in getting you back to the ship (or to water taxis) Disney will wait for you. If you're on a non-Disney booked excursion and there is a delay, the ship will not wait for you and you are responsible for getting you and your party to the next port to board the ship.

So there's a good side/bad side to doing your own excursion. If you do your own, schedule it early enough in the day that you know you will be back on board before the ship leaves port!

WooHoo!! :woohoo: She's working on our FE right now too!! Your gonna LOVE her work!! I ordered our family a personalized pillowcase for character signatures from her too (before I knew we were gonna participate in the FE) and it's BEAUTIFUL!! Exactly what I wanted! I can't wait to see our FE when she finishes it!! :yay: I LOVE her umbrella spotters too!! Especially the "Mine, Mine, MINE!" one!! I so almost ordered it!!

~ Brandy ~

On our Disney Cruise to the Western Carribean we did our own tour in Grand Cayman. We hired a taxi to take us to the Turtle Farm, Governor's Mansion, Hell, and 7 Mile Beach. It was significantly cheaper than the same tour offered through Disney with virtually the same experience(s).

Keep in mind, if your excursion is booked through Disney and the there is a delay in getting you back to the ship (or to water taxis) Disney will wait for you. If you're on a non-Disney booked excursion and there is a delay, the ship will not wait for you and you are responsible for getting you and your party to the next port to board the ship.

So there's a good side/bad side to doing your own excursion. If you do your own, schedule it early enough in the day that you know you will be back on board before the ship leaves port!

Thanks so much for the info! I feel so totally lost and like a complete newbie when it comes to all this stuff because, well...I am!! :blush: I'm not so much looking for the excursion to be cheaper (although, that would be great! :yay:) as I am looking for something we can take Valerie along with us to do. Cabo has the same rules as the ship does about babies in swim diapers in their pools @ the resort getaway excursion :mad:, so that ones out...the other options through Disney that interest me & my husband, either won't interest our 10 year old, or cannot be done with a toddler :headache: and we'd really like to do things as a family on our first cruise. So, I'm trying to find other options for what we can do in Cabo...otherwise, we'll be hangin' out on the ship for both days. :confused3 Although, I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing either though by what I've read about all the stuff to do onboard on the DCL website. :rolleyes:

~ Brandy ~

Most recent I have found is from the end of February/beginning of March 2011...

:offtopic: Will you be joining us in the FE? :flower3:

~ Brandy ~

I found March 27-April 2 in pdf form. If anyone wants to see them let me know and I will email them to you.

I really want to do the FE but I am a little intimated! I am not crafty AT ALL!

I found March 27-April 2 in pdf form. If anyone wants to see them let me know and I will email them to you.

I really want to do the FE but I am a little intimated! I am not crafty AT ALL!

I'm curious to see if it has the same info as the one I found. Can you email it to me please? My email is brandyhunter09@yahoo.com :)

As far as the FE goes, from what I've read, you don't have to be crafty. The gifts can be anything at all, doesn't have to be homemade items. Someone on the crafty bus must have started a trend that seems to be intimidating alot of people!! It had me intimidated and I am one of those crafty people!! :lmao: I finally gave in and decided to join in and I'm soooo glad I did! Its turning out to be alot of fun already and we are still a month and a half away from cruise time! :) I hope everyone likes the gifts I am working on. Just thought of something else I might start working on...if I have enough time! Its getting really close now! :yay:

Whatever you decide, just remember, its supposed to be a fun thing...nothing to stress out over. :thumbsup2 Let us know as soon as you know though (for us "personalization happy" people! Like ME!! :rotfl2:)

~ Brandy ~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter