October 16, 2011 Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

Okay, I'm new to this FE thing but it sounds like fun! How does the actual exchange work? Do you leave something for each person participating once? Or every day?

Okay, I'm new to this FE thing but it sounds like fun! How does the actual exchange work? Do you leave something for each person participating once? Or every day?

Hello again Crystal! It's up to you! I have seen people do something small every night but most people do just one big thing. It takes up quite a bit of time to run around the ship to put things on doors so in my opinion, its easier to do one thing.

PS.... email me if you want ideas! LOL.... I am not doing it on this cruise but have done it a few times and received some cool gifts! :thumbsup2

Hey Gina! I'm gonna email you for ideas. I think the kids would have a lot of fun with this but I am not crafty so I have to figure out making this thing too!

Thanks Jathanis for putting this together!!!

No problem - gives a slightly OCD Engineer something to do on his lunch breaks other than looking over our cruise itinerary again and again... I'm putting it all in a Google Docs spreadsheet so I can easily work on it no matter where I am, even on my Android phone... :rolleyes1

<edit> Ironically, I first got your children's ages off of your DW's signature, then realized from your comments that the ages were off by a few years... Which made me realize the ages in MY sig were also off! LOL

First of all, welcome, Steiny47!

Second, and what many have been waiting for/asking about: I'm finally done going through the thread, and have started the FE list. So far, I have the following as having definitely expressed interest, with ages, (birthdays if while on the cruise), and favorite characters listed if known.

Official 10/16/11 Disney Wonder FE list

Most Likely in
  • Phred84044 & Disneymom84074 ~ (RSVPed)
    1. DH, Mickey
    2. DW, Tinkerbell
    3. DD 12, Chip & Dale
    4. DS 9, Lightning McQueen
    5. DD 11 months, Cinderella
  • Jathanis ~ (RSVPed)
    1. DH 36, Genie/Sorcerer Mickey
    2. DW 38 on 10/22, Tigger
    3. Aunt, 34, Maleficent
    4. DD 8 (on 10/19), Rapunzel/Pluto
  • Boiseflyfisher
    1. DH/DW?
    2. DS 10, ??
    3. DD 8, ??
  • Belle402
    1. posted as OP + mother
    2. still waiting for info
  • DisneyKim68 ~ (RSVPed)
    1. DW 43, Mickey
    2. DH 44, Star Wars/Tours
    3. DD 12, Arial/Mickey
  • Brooke3L
    1. still waiting on info
  • Geekbunny ~ (RSVPed)
    1. DW 34, EVE from Wall-E
    2. DH 37, Stitch
    3. DD 3, Sleeping Beauty/Aurora

Possibly in
  • Anthonysmama
    1. DW 30
    2. DH 55
    3. DS 10
    4. DD 1.5
  • Disney23
    1. still waiting on info
    2. 9 adults, 8 children?
  • cluna
    1. DW/DH?
    2. DS 11
    3. DD 8

Jathanis...YOU are awesome! :worship: Thank you for being so organized, cause I'm soooo not feelin' too organized at the moment!! :badpc: I'm glad to see so many girls! :thumbsup2 Sorry boys, it's only cause my craftyness tends to be geared toward "girly" things... :laughing: I have a couple "girly" ideas up my sleeve for all our little cruisin' princesses!! princess: I'll figure out something for the few little men we've got cruisin' too! :cool2: Just gotta think on it a minute. ;)

Our info is...
DW ~ Brandy (30), Fav Color: Purple, Fav Char: Minnie Mouse
DH ~ Ned (55), Fav Color: Any/All, Fav Char: Mickey Mouse
DS ~ Anthony (10), Fav Color: Blue, Fav Char: Goofy
DD ~ Valerie (1.5), Fav Color: Pink/Purple, Fav Char: Stitch
Deck ~ 7
Stateroom ~ 7041
Allergies ~ None known ;)
Celebrating ~ Our first cruise EVER! :banana:

:woohoo: So I guess this would be an official "We're In" from us! :yay:

Here's our FE info:

Room 2124; no allergies

DH (phred84044), Trent, Mickey
DW (disneymom84074), Tracy, Tinkerbell
DD 12, Karlee, Chip & Dale
DS 9, Carson, Lightening McQueen
DD 1, Grace, Cinderella

Thanks Jathanis for putting this together!!!

Thank you Trent!! Can I also bother you (and anyone else who'd care to share ;)) for one more piece of info...? Favorite colors, pretty please? :flower3:

Thanks again everyone!

~ Brandy ~

Hate to have you keep updating your posts. :surfweb: Just wanted to add one last thing. Our family name/last name is Hunter. Thought I'd add it, just in case it matters for personalized items. :) I'm a tad bit OCD myself.

~ Brandy ~

Jathanis, you should generate a questionaire form from your spreadsheet and just post the link here so you won't have to type in all the info :)

Anyway favorite colors:
DW (me) - pink/red
DH - blue
DD - pink

Hey Jathanis, I am using the FE post list to get everyones names for personalization on a couple things I'm working on :artist: and realized that your DD's name is not listed in there. :confused3 I really don't wanna leave her out of the personalized goodies! Can you list her name for me when you have a minute? :flower3:

Oh, btw...the spreadsheet thingy looks great!! Do I need to fill it out still? :confused: I'm pretty sure you listed all my info on there correctly. Let me know.

Thanks!

~ Brandy ~

P.S. (To everyone who hasn't listed names) I'm very into personalizing and I'd like to make all of our participants personalized gifts for the FE, so please don't be shy!! Post your names, fav characters, fav colors, and any special celebrations, etc. so that I can go a little more DISign/craft crazy!! :lmao: Gives a Stay-at-home-mommy somethin' fun to do during my baby girl's naptime!! :yay:

Hey Jathanis, I am using the FE post list to get everyones names for personalization on a couple things I'm working on :artist: and realized that your DD's name is not listed in there. :confused3 I really don't wanna leave her out of the personalized goodies! Can you list her name for me when you have a minute? :flower3:

Oh, btw...the spreadsheet thingy looks great!! Do I need to fill it out still? :confused: I'm pretty sure you listed all my info on there correctly. Let me know.

Thanks!

~ Brandy ~

I'll make it even easier for you - I'll PM you the link to view the actual spreadsheet, which may have more info than the post I'm updating. Not everyone has given the new info such as colors, etc, so I'm going to be sending out some PMs later today...

Here is my information:
Marianne (30) and my mom Sue (60's)
Cabin # 6637
Favorite color: pink
Favorite character: Minnie Mouse
No allergies

Here is my information:
Marianne (30) and my mom Sue (60's)
Cabin # 6637
Favorite color: pink
Favorite character: Minnie Mouse
No allergies

Sounds good, I'll update the list - does this mean that pink is both your favorite colors, or just yours? Same question for Minnie Mouse... And welcome officially to the FE gift exchange!

I must be doing something wrong... :confused: My PM's don't show after I send them so I have no idea if they sent and I am not receiving any either. Maybe thats just cause no one sent me any cause they didn't get mine :confused3 Ahh, technology. Gotta love its quirks! :badpc: If you sent me a PM Jathanis, I did not get it. :sad2: Maybe I have some settings set wrong or something but I can't figure out what it is.

~ Brandy ~

I must be doing something wrong... :confused: My PM's don't show after I send them so I have no idea if they sent and I am not receiving any either. Maybe thats just cause no one sent me any cause they didn't get mine :confused3 Ahh, technology. Gotta love its quirks! :badpc: If you sent me a PM Jathanis, I did not get it. :sad2: Maybe I have some settings set wrong or something but I can't figure out what it is.

~ Brandy ~

I had this same problem, and it's apparently the default setting! To change it, go to the User CP, click edit options on the left, then find the item looks like:

Code:
When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message
in your Sent Items folder.
 _
|_| Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

It's the 10th checkbox down on my page. When you enable this, you'll see your sent messages... And I'll send the PM again, as I'm not sure if I actually sent it or not!

Awesome! Thanks so much. I got it all straightened out now... The spreadsheet looks great.

I just finished the autograph books I have been working on for my kids. Too excited to wait, I went ahead and got started on my first project for the FE! :thumbsup2 They are turning out really cute!! It's time to call it quits for tonight, well...this morning actually. :lmao:

~ Brandy ~

Sounds good, I'll update the list - does this mean that pink is both your favorite colors, or just yours? Same question for Minnie Mouse... And welcome officially to the FE gift exchange!

Pink and Minnie are my favorites
My mom says Aqua and Ariel are her favorites.

Who is still invited that hasn't joined in? :yay: but just for fun, here's the list of members that have posted that they are going on the cruise, but haven't mentioned interest in the FE - consider this your official "urge" to join up: :lmao:

[*]Jenpaige

As much as we'd love to join. We're still finishing our cruise wedding prep, not sure we'll have time for FEs :( but sounds like a blast!

Pink and Minnie are my favorites
My mom says Aqua and Ariel are her favorites.
Awesome, thanks!

As much as we'd love to join. We're still finishing our cruise wedding prep, not sure we'll have time for FEs :( but sounds like a blast!
I totally understand, but why don't you do this - at least give us the room # and Bride and Groom's names, and see what pops up on your door as a wedding surprise? :rolleyes1 I know I have some printable inkjet magnet sheets around here... :scratchin

And if you change your mind, we're not cutting off signups for a few weeks. But there will always be more cruises with more FEs, so focus on what's important, and congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter