October 16, 2008 3 night

We're planning on being on the first shuttle to the terminal. So if anyone wants to meet up earlier, before boat drill, we'd love it. Just look for tie-die Mickey shirts and you'll probably find us...

I think the boat drill is at 3:30, then we can drop off the vests, and meet up at Cove Cafe (if you have your kids, it would actually have to be at the entrance to the adult area, Cove Cafe is in it and you have to be 18 to go in there). Between the Goofy Pool area and the Adult area on the Cove Cafe side of the Wonder, there are these white partitions (hard to explain, but once you see them you will be like "there they are!" lol) There are tables and I "think" a ping pong table right there. We will be heading to that area, since we will have the kiddos with us.

We are heading from Disney to the Port at about 11 am on Thursday morning, so we will be there early, too. I don't know what we will have on, but there will be 8 of us, so if you spot us, say HI!!! My picture is on my blog that is linked in my signature. My hair is a little shorter these days.

I cannot believe we are in the home stretch. I will be enjoying some kind of F&W festival snack on Wed for dinner. :eek:

Sooooo excited! :woohoo: :banana: :dance3:

Thanks Mary! Sounds like we have a plan. It is a scurry of activity here at the Gillen house. I have tons of stuff in my suitcase and tons more sitting on top of the bed - something has got to go!! Hubby keeps saying he's good to go, but really he's not (I don't think he even packed his underwear yet - that could be a problem).
Look forward to seeing everyone :yay:

Never been on a Disney Cruise so I didn't realize that Cove Cafe was adults only.

I know we have some couples, but I'd really like to have that first day meeting with everyone, if that's cool with you all.

Looking at my map...how about somewhere near Pinocchio's Pizzeria (near the Goofy Family Pool)? That's in between adults-only country and the Mickey Pool and Toddler Pool areas.

How do we all feel about that?

Mary-

That may actually be better. The sail away party starts at 4:15, I think, and the area I spoke of is very close to the stage, so it would probably get more crowded there anyway.

Pinocchios is on the opposite end of the Goofy Pool, so we would have more elbow room. :)

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hubby and I did this cruise in April without the kids and we didn't even step foot in the Cove Cafe so I didn't realize it was adults only. Pinocchios sounds fine - it will start to get crowded as the sail away part begins. We'll find each other somehow.

OK, last minute prep stuff.

For all those with children in the FE, if you could PM the name and age so I can get the right gift for the right child I would appreciate it. If not, then I'm sure you will understand if I don't have the age and name correct.

I will be staying at the Radisson. I am also on the 10:00 shuttle with zulaya. Don't know what shirts we will be wearing, but we will be the only other family on the shuttle with you so we should be easy to pick out.

Meet near the pizza place. I should have no problem following my nose.

Almost all packed up. Few things here and there and the worst is trying to get all these FE gifts somewhere. I think I just might take another suitcase. That'll give me a place to put all the suveniors and/or dirty clothes.

Gas is down:cool1: (gas for my car that is :thumbsup2 ) and it looks like it will be sub $3.00 all the way. The cheapest prices (according to the map on gasbuddy) is south of Brunswick - near St Mary's and around Daytona. They are all below $3 as of Sunday.

Okay, PMed ya bruce!!

Packing has me braindead. Yesterday, I was supposed to do a 6 hour shift at the hospital, starting at 1. I live about a 40 minute drive from there. So, I should have showered and hopped in the car by noon.

Well, I showered, dressed, hurried up, kissed the kids and John and jumped in the car. I was about a quarter of the way to work and realized that it was only 11!!!!!!!!! :headache:

So, I got there an hour early, which worked out because the other girl didn't show up and it was busy. But still.

But now I am down to just an 8-hour shift at home tonight before I am off for almost 2 weeks!!! Woohoo!!! Finishing up the packing today, I hope.

2 more sleeps til we leave!!! :yay:

I have everyone packed but myself. But I feel like I am the easiest, so I will finish that up tonight. I keep thinking of last minute things I need to buy though! So one more trip to Target is in order!

BruceChase our gas is down to $2.68 in the Twin Cities. I guess we should all appreciate it while it lasts. I think we are on the 11:00 shuttle, so we will get to the port an hour after all of you! Not sure of our wardrobe either!

I work with the sweetest people. I came into work this morning and there was a bon voyage card on my desk and a gift certificate to Papa Murphys in there with a note, "Nobody wants to cook the day before they leave for vacation! Enjoy"! Very sweet!

Well I will see all of you in a few days!!!!

Morning all!

Well, it's a little wet here in MN. I just got home from taking the kids to school, working the morning traffic at school and making a quick run to Cub for some ingredients for my show tonight.

My to-do list isn't very long. I'm so antsy to get out of here...

I work with the sweetest people. I came into work this morning and there was a bon voyage card on my desk and a gift certificate to Papa Murphys in there with a note, "Nobody wants to cook the day before they leave for vacation! Enjoy"! Very sweet!

HMMMM, my boss wants to know how I will get everything done even though I will be gone. He also wanted to know how to get in touch with me just in case. I suggested the coast guard since I will not carry a phone or computer on my vacation.

HMMMM, my boss wants to know how I will get everything done even though I will be gone. He also wanted to know how to get in touch with me just in case. I suggested the coast guard since I will not carry a phone or computer on my vacation.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :laughing:

You probably have a more important job than me Brucechase! I think a vacation should be just that! No Work.

I think the people I work with know how hard of a year this has been with our divorce in process, and when I was saving for the trip, they were the ones to convince me I should book the trip. I kept chickening out, there were just so many other things I could have used the money for. So when I finally booked the trip, I think the whole department practically cheered! We have all worked together for a long time, so they have have been on a six year journey with me and watched my life change a lot. Emotionally for the better, financially it became harder! I am lucky I work with great people.

It is still grey and rainy here in MN. Now I wish I had all my packing done! It is hard to get motivated when it is gloomy!

today was our thanksgiving and it was a beautiful day. It went up to 24 degrees celcius which is probably about 78 or 79 . unfortunately my boss made me work because we're going on vacation. I'd tell her where to go but it also happens to be my wife. hahaha.We have our own business so we have some things that need to get done before we leave.It's hard to focus on work this close to our trip.we also intend on taking the 10:00 shuttle but we have not booked it. Should we?

:rotfl2:

I actually had a girl from Labor and Delivery call me today to ask if I could work next week. I said...umm no. She said "not even part of the shift?" :rolleyes:

I completely expect to have a message at least once on my cell from work asking me to fill in for someone while we are gone. It happened twice on our 4-day anniversary trip in July.

I actually have everything in the suitcases. I am a little stunned about that. We have 7. Yikes. Luckily, we have muscle (DD15) to help get them to the airport. 35 hours til the van comes to take us to catch our flight!!! :eek:

It was a beautiful 79 degrees here in Buffalo today. Nelsongaidola-are you over there in Ontario?? The weather has just been so nice. The only downside was I packed all the kids' shorts and had to dig some out for today!!!

I will try to check in again before we leave, but if I can't, see everyone at Pinocchios on Thursday!!!!!

We live in Grimsby which is between St. catherines and Hamilton. We are flying out of Buffalo on wednesday with air tran. we always fly out of Buffalo when we go to florida, it's a great airport and things always go smooth and it's dirt cheap. let's hope the bills can get back on a winning streak.See you at the meet.

I can't stand it!!!

We leave in 14 hours for the drive down. What did I forget to pack? Did I pack the right stuff? What if Mickey doesn't like me anymore?

See you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never been on a Disney Cruise so I didn't realize that Cove Cafe was adults only.

I know we have some couples, but I'd really like to have that first day meeting with everyone, if that's cool with you all.

Looking at my map...how about somewhere near Pinocchio's Pizzeria (near the Goofy Family Pool)? That's in between adults-only country and the Mickey Pool and Toddler Pool areas.

How do we all feel about that?

Looks like everyone's agreed on Pinocchio's Pizzeria. What time though? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter