October 13th, 2007~"Cruise-A-Palooza"

Sorry I'm chiming in late on this one..the Rainforest Cafe has a preffered VIP thingy that you can purchase for $20.00 at the restaurant. Once you have this card it gives you priority seating when you walk up to the entrance. The last time we were in Downtown Disney I bought the card and instead of waiting 1hr to get a table it became 5 mins. We had a party of 8!!....just one of those "insider" deals, by the way the card is good for life and at every location.

Sorry I'm chiming in late on this one..the Rainforest Cafe has a preffered VIP thingy that you can purchase for $20.00 at the restaurant. Once you have this card it gives you priority seating when you walk up to the entrance. The last time we were in Downtown Disney I bought the card and instead of waiting 1hr to get a table it became 5 mins. We had a party of 8!!....just one of those "insider" deals, by the way the card is good for life and at every location.
Whaaaaaat? It's only $20??? We live just miles from a Rainforest Cafe, & my 4yo takes me on a "date" there at least every other month! I think you get a discount or a free appetizer or something with that card as well...right?

OK...we're definitely getting the cheap card! I always thought it was WAY more than that, especially since they don't list the price on their brochure :) WHAT A DEAL!!!

If you have Target stores in your area they have a pirate Mickey
Scrapbook embellishments and other characters that are really cute. They also have Disney scrapbooks.
ScrapbbookpirateMickey001.jpg

And our $ store had the cruise ship embellishment.

Everyone is way ahead of me, but I am getting there. Assembling our "Tag" game thing today. All clothes are clean and ready to select. Luggage will come in today. Yes, I have NOT made our Cruisapalooza magnet. Must figure a way to deal with this since we have not magnet paper--may run out of time but still planning to get to this.

Another firm believer in the hanging shoe rack. Has come in quite handy for our few cruises. We don't seem to "need" them in the other locations b/c there seems to be more counter space for our toiletries and such. We traveled ladies only weekend and used it then for all of us and this truly was a handy item then.

Important question for me: when we originally signed on our stateroom was on deck 2. When I looked at the docs recently printed for the signature contract requirement I see that we have been placed on deck 6. Would we be correct in guessing that we have been "magically" upgraded?

Now seems I really MUST get to Target and the $1 place. :scared1: :moped:

Just ordered my Tux for dress up night. I'm going to look spiffy!!!:thumbsup2 Hope they fit, I had to guess at eveything.:rolleyes1 Oh well if not I'll just wear my cut offs. More comfortable in those anyways!!!

DW started some packing today. Mostly got things in order and how we plan on putting the clothes in the suitcases. My idea of balling them up and throw them in, then stomping on them, just don't work for her. Oh well my ideas are never as good as hers anyways. As you have probably guessed she is the brains in our family.:cool1:

I like that idea of a photo mat and having it signed by all of the characters. That will make a nice souviner of our cruise. Got to get one of those.

Oh yes I've been booed, thanks for booing me. I just can't seem to figure out how to get that jumpy thingy on my posts. Any suggestions. (Told you, wifey is the brains........ not me)

Important question for me: when we originally signed on our stateroom was on deck 2. When I looked at the docs recently printed for the signature contract requirement I see that we have been placed on deck 6. Would we be correct in guessing that we have been "magically" upgraded?

My novice suggestion:
Log into the Disney Cruise website, & log in with your cruise reservation. It should state your room number, then you can Google something like "Room XX Disney Magic" and it will most likely give you a link where you can find what category it's in. <p>

:) Maybe not...but I thought it might be worth a try until someone more knowledgeable chimes in :)<p>

More To Dos Completed Today:<br>
1. Bought new Pirate skirt for self..it was cheap & more "piratey" than what I had planned<br>
2. Returned all library books that would be overdue while we're gone<br>
3. Sent reminders for Meals On Wheels Volunteers (I'm a coordinator & if there's a problem, I can't be reached on the cruise...dang! NOT!)<br>
4. Bought some new shoes for dinner. My 4yo son found a pair of pink high heels at the store & insisted I buy them:rolleyes1 . So I did, figuring DH would laugh & say to take them back. WRONG! He loved them :love: So I have some purty new shoes for dinners some night! And they were on sale, which makes it even sweeter:banana: <br>

That's all I can think of...I like seeing other's To Do lists...thanks for posting yours...it helps me remember what to add to mine!!

I'd say you definitely have a room with a view now. Congrats! :thumbsup2

Is it a "Dollar Tree" store?

Yes, it is the Dollar Tree Store. We have two of them here in our small town, but one of them has quite a bit of scrapbook stuff. Guess it's something I should look into doing!

Well, as I have been hoping and praying we all stay healthy and well before our trip of a lifetime.....DH decides to sprain his ankle! He can barely walk on it! Told him he's got 11 days to make it better! That's when we leave. I don't know, pretty swollen! Well, told him if he gets a cast, at least he can walk around! :rotfl2: He swears he's just fine!

Yes, it is the Dollar Tree Store. We have two of them here in our small town, but one of them has quite a bit of scrapbook stuff. Guess it's something I should look into doing!

Well, as I have been hoping and praying we all stay healthy and well before our trip of a lifetime.....DH decides to sprain his ankle! He can barely walk on it! Told him he's got 11 days to make it better! That's when we leave. I don't know, pretty swollen! Well, told him if he gets a cast, at least he can walk around! :rotfl2: He swears he's just fine!

I have photos of unique scrapbooks and embellishments from the ship but OC they are quite expensive.(Got them from another DISer) I think she said the book is $30. before pages and extras.
of50590391.jpg

You know, I consider myself to be pretty crafty, but just haven't gotten into the whole scrapbook thing. I've seen some of my friends books, and they're just beautiful! All my photos seem to end up in a box.

First...my best to DH - am sure with time his ankle will heal. From my time working at a hospital as an x-ray tech...my best suggestion is to - remember RICE...'R'est - 'I'ce (bags of frozen peas work great as ice bags) - 'C'ompression (ace bandage) - 'E'levation (keep your ankle above your heart to reduce swelling). This has helpped me get over 'rolling my ankle' many times.

Second...I just looked at the photos of your family on our Yahoo Groups site - Awesome - you are truly blessed. I loved the photo of your little one sleeping on DH - brings back great memories of holding my DD's as they went off to 'dream land' - what a fantastic memory - THANK YOU for sharing.

To all - Forgive me for this little - SHOUT OUT TO THE ARIZONA DIAMONDBAKS!!! Being awarded the NL West is an AWESOME achievement for a 'rebuilding year'. I am soooooo thrilled on their achievement. Am hopeful more for their future, than this year....but who knows. I may be spending time on the cruise in the sports bar to watch b-ball - any joining me - rooting for or against - any/all are welcome. I've been invited to Game 1 on Wednesday night...I am very EXCITED!!!

Well...we've spent the weekend with church activities (I work as a sound/video tech for our church for the last 10 years) and packing/shopping for our trip. We frequent Dillards on the last weekend of the month as they have some great sales (75% off + another 30%). I was able to buy some 'Carribbean brand' shirts/shorts for $10 each - great buy as they retail for $55 to 60ea.

It's getting soooooo close in starting our vacation. We leave this Saturday to spend a week at the parks before meeting all at Port.

Please forgive me if my time on these boards are limited this week. I'll be getting ahead at work - packing - dreaming and watching baseball. I promise to offer weather/park information to all traveling early - or just before we cruise.

My best to all - safe travel - AND may you be blessed to be a blessing - until we meet - K

Hey Kevin! You and my DH will have LOTS to talk about. My DH's job is Media Director at our church. He does all the video work there and oversees the sound techs, lighting techs, web/communication and anything else that is "media" related. He'll enjoy talking to you. Plus, he LOVES baseball (and football) and will, I'm sure, be at the bar watching a game or two. :) See you on board!

To everyone else, man, I'm not online for 1 day and you've gotten ahead by 2-1/2 pages. Thanks for all the great tips out there. I'm siked! Got a few more "little" things to do this week and then, starting next week the suitcases will come up so I can start packing. I at least have my lists made so I know what I'm packing. Should make it easier. :) I do have a question though. For those of you taking bubbles and glow sticks with you, do you just pack them in your regular suitcase (carefully of course)? I'm concerned that it would be a problem at the airport with how tight they are with security. If you could let me know that'd be great. THANKS! Talk to you soon! Kristi

DW is the brains of this house as well....If we didn't have her to organize we would never get anywhere...she has areas around the house stacked with different things for different parts of the cruise...the boys and I just do what she tells and and stay out of the way

only 9 more work days for us until we fly down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David - you just have to replace the { } with these: [ ]. Then you will get your bouncing Mickey!! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Michelle. I think I got it this time. I told you ........ wifey is the brains, I'm just a pretty face around our house. I think the correct phrase is eye candy!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
(I crack meself up every time on that one!!!!)

Hey bevtoy! I LOVE to scrapbook. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the stores onboard for scrapbook stuff. I was at an all day (9am to midnight) scrapbook event that had vendors there. I was able to get some GREAT Disney embellishments for my cruise scrapbook (including Pirate Mickey) so I'm excited to get started. :) I even have a lady nearby who does embossing on the front of your album so she is going to do a Disney cover for me. :) See ya soon! Kristi

Where do you get Bonine? I asked at Target today, and the lady in the pharmacy just directed me to the Dramamine.... I was like, ummm, that's not what I asked for. She didn't seem to bright...

Jumping in here. I didn't even think to check this board for people who would be traveling with us.

I ordered bonine, dramamine & something from hylands for the little one from drugstore.com. They have everything and there should still be enough time to get it.

I finally found my daughter's dress for formal night yesterday. I think I've got everything now. I hope. I keep thinking I'm forgetting something.

My DS says every day "Is it time to go on the boat with Mickey?":yay:

Hey bevtoy! I LOVE to scrapbook. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the stores onboard for scrapbook stuff. I was at an all day (9am to midnight) scrapbook event that had vendors there. I was able to get some GREAT Disney embellishments for my cruise scrapbook (including Pirate Mickey) so I'm excited to get started. :) I even have a lady nearby who does embossing on the front of your album so she is going to do a Disney cover for me. :) See ya soon! Kristi

This will be my first and probably only scrapbook, I am not very gifted with crafts. I hope it turns out well.
I love the idea of having the cover embossed. That sounds like it will be beautiful!
After its done maybe you will return and post photos of it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter