• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 13th, 2007~"Cruise-A-Palooza"

Ok, actually, I am just tired of looking at the Cruise Meet link and constantly seeing the Oct. 20th cruise thread at the top!! Man, those people are good!!

Me too, me too! :rotfl:

Hey, we got those Bahamian Immigration forms too. When do we fill them out? Before we get to the port?

Hey David, I filled mine out last night. You can fill them out at port, but if you fill them out before it is one less thing to do at port and helps check-in at the port go just a little bit faster for you. :)

What kind of bag do you put it in along w/the markers when dropping them off at Guest Services?

I'm doing pillow cases and I am using a ziploc. I did that last time too. :goodvibes

Have a great weekend everyone!!! :sunny:

Apoohfn- I have not done this but I believe it's a ziplock that everyone uses. I may also do this if I can make it to the craft store.

Homew3- Where are you staying? We will be at the Hyatt.

The Hyatt for us too! Anyone else?

APOOHFN,
We feel the same way! That's why we already decided we will be rebooking while onboard! Have not ever had a vacation where we had so much fun just planning! Truly nothing like it! Money can't buy everything.....but the pixie dust you get sure is magical!! :cloud9:

I'm going to MISS all this planning & chatting when the cruise is over!! I love planning trips and organizing, researching, etc. Of course we'll all chat after the cruise to talk about our trip but you know what I mean, right??

And not sure we would book another cruise right away so can't look forward to planning another one in the very near future.

/end depressing post LOL:love:

Hi! We're staying here too!! We're flying in first thing Friday morning...I'm still up in the air as to what we'll do on Friday. It'll either be Epcot or Port Canaveral for the day.

Congrats to all who have rec'd their documents!! Hang in there if yours haven't arrived...they should be there any day!!!!!

We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites, too!! Be sure you check their website - I did about 2 weeks ago and found that there is a great deal - a kidsuite PLUS the kids get a backpack full of goodies for $99!! That was cheaper than the govt. rate we had reserved, and they easily let me change the reservation!

Can't wait! :woohoo:

I just made dinner ressies for the 12th at The Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. :cool1: I can't believe they had openings!! :banana:

I just made dinner ressies for the 12th at The Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney. :cool1: I can't believe they had openings!! :banana:

The last time we were at Downtown Disney, we thought we'd stop in Rainforest Cafe for early dinner (I think it was around 3ish). There was an OVER 2 hour wait! We were shocked...it was off season and 3:00 in the afternoon! :) Good idea on the reservations :)
We're flying in the morning of embarkation...this being our first cruise I wasn't exactly sure which way to go (early or day of).

Guess when we book our next cruise we'll know what we prefer...do the same or try arriving the day before!

The last time we were at Downtown Disney, we thought we'd stop in Rainforest Cafe for early dinner (I think it was around 3ish). There was an OVER 2 hour wait! We were shocked...it was off season and 3:00 in the afternoon! :) Good idea on the reservations :)
We're flying in the morning of embarkation...this being our first cruise I wasn't exactly sure which way to go (early or day of).

Guess when we book our next cruise we'll know what we prefer...do the same or try arriving the day before!

Hey all! Sounds like everyone is busy busy busy. :) Still don't have docs. Not happy about it but I went shopping today so I'm feeling a bit better. I wanna take a moment and thank everyone for all the great tips over the last couple of months. I've truly learned alot and now have alot of great ideas for trip number two. I'm hoping we'll book the next one on board. :) I too have had a blast planning this cruise with all of you. I can't imagine not doing this. I feel sorry for those people who haven't found this website. They certainly are missing some great online friendships and fun. So thank you. I can't believe it's exactly 2 weeks away. WOW! This time 2 weeks from now we'll be onboard and getting ready for the drill. So cool! :) Have a great rest of the weekend all! Talk to you on Monday! Kristi

I wish I had found this earlier, I am trying to catch up on all the post to pick up on all the great tips. Thanks for the reply on Palo Reservations. Will head there as soon as we board. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

We get in the evening of the 10th, planning to hit Epcot on Thursday and the Space Center on Friday.

Hoping to be at the port around 10 am. How huge are the lines? What time do people line up?

Another question: the pillow case with autographs...what is that about??

Magnets are for the doors to recognize your cabin? Any other absolute must haves, in case I don't manage to real all 125 pages?

Do you guys make arrangements to all meet up on the boat at some point? I think some of you have kids the same age, it would be cool for them to get to know each other.

Have a good weekend.
Mila

Howdy all cruisers,

Well, been working on my to do list. Confirmed the rental car, hotel on the 12th, and set the mail up to be stopped. Also, made sure to tell my credit card (Disney Visa of course!) that I was going out of the country and may use it. Hint, while getting that done I asked if they had a rate reduction and THEY DID!:banana:

Also found another link with some great tips: http://cruisediva.com/tips_archive.htm

Trying to knock things off as I think of them - thanks to all for the great ideas and tips of late. Seems like the board has sped up quite a bit in the last week. Oh yeah, still no cruise docs. Our TA says they're now enroute to us - finally!

See ya real soon!
DisneyFamilyTX

I wish I had found this earlier, I am trying to catch up on all the post to pick up on all the great tips. Thanks for the reply on Palo Reservations. Will head there as soon as we board. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

We get in the evening of the 10th, planning to hit Epcot on Thursday and the Space Center on Friday.

Hoping to be at the port around 10 am. How huge are the lines? What time do people line up?

Another question: the pillow case with autographs...what is that about??

Magnets are for the doors to recognize your cabin? Any other absolute must haves, in case I don't manage to real all 125 pages?

Do you guys make arrangements to all meet up on the boat at some point? I think some of you have kids the same age, it would be cool for them to get to know each other.

Have a good weekend.
Mila

Most of us with kids are wearing Mardi Gras beads to port in hopes of meeting each other. There is a DISer meet at 2:00-3:00 Sunday October the 14th at.2:00 to 3:00 in the afternoon Deck 9 Midship at Cove café.

I can't help with the pillow case.

If you need graphics for your magnets follow the link in my sig.

I think I can chime in about the pillowcases:

If you take a pillowcase (or photo mat, like you could buy at Michael's or Joann Fabric's) to Guest Services at the beginning of your cruise, and put it in a ziploc bag with some sharpies, they will make sure that all the characters autograph the pillowcase (or photo mat) during your cruise. Then, near the end of the cruise, you can pick it up for a great souvenier of your trip!! We are planning on doing the photo mat, as my husband is a photographer on the side! :cool2:

To Dos Checked Off Today:
1. Purchased hanging shoe rack for the door
2. Put our glow sticks, glow necklaces, bubbles, & new pirate hat for ds on the "Cruise Table" aka dining room table
3. Asked dh to pull down suitcases
4. Confirmed pet sitter

In case anyone needs any fun cheap pirate-y things, or fun little trinkets for the kiddos, an online site called Oriental Trading Company sells stuff in bulk (by the dozen mostly) for cheap. You still have time to order & get your box within 2 weeks...I got pirate tattoos, little pirate bubble bottles, glow necklaces, glow sticks, little toy thingys for each day's surprise bag for DS, some pirate gear, a pirate hat for DS that was only $5 and really cute!

Anyway--I knew of the site because I taught and ordered a bunch of stuff from there...others may already know of it as well :)

Oh, and our UPS Lady ran me down in the driveway yesterday morning to hand me our cruise stuff :) We were making a LOOOONG day of 9 hours round-trip driving just to take 18yo DS (college) to dinner :) We miss him...so we drove 4+ hours there & 4+ hours back just to see him for an hour! Boy it was good to hug that boy....

To Dos Checked Off Today:
1. Purchased hanging shoe rack for the door

When I first heard about this tip...I thought it was too silly - but tried it anyway. We've taken one on each cruise - plan on doing this for each and every one. The staterooms are very organized and there is usually a place for everything. We loved using this as a 'dump bin'...things from your pockets - navigators - door key - walkie talkies...etc. I pick up one from the .99 cents store and secure it to a hanger with zip ties. When the cruise is over...we just leave it.

We are still 'in wait' for our documents - not getting crazy (yet)...try me in a few more days.

Hope all are enjoy the remainder of the weekend - K

Hey, Kevin. :wave:

We've never used the shoe rack. I just might have to give it a try if I can find one at the $ store.

If you have Target stores in your area they have a pirate Mickey
Scrapbook embellishments and other characters that are really cute. They also have Disney scrapbooks.
ScrapbbookpirateMickey001.jpg

Kevin, On our first cruise, my husband was also skeptical. Then after using it for just what you described he became a beliver. I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond. I liked this one because the pockets are clear and easier to see they items. BB&B always have 20% off coupons. Cathy

Glad to hear that those who are skeptical actually found the shoe racks useful! I bought a clear one, thinking it would be easier to see stuff. But I wasn't convinced it was actually necessary. Sounds like we just might need it afterall! When we vacation, we're VERY organized (dare I say anal retentive?) and have a method for everything.

For some reason, going on a cruise feels like there's all these new rules & things we'll need...probably silly, but at least it FEELS so much different from a hotel vacation to plan!

OK--question then--why would you need a shoe rack on the cruise & not in a regular hotel room? Or do you bring one there too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter