October 13th, 2007~"Cruise-A-Palooza"

So I was just browsing the cruise forum posting a reply to a hotel question, when lo and behold I look out the window and the UPS truck was outside!

I gathered DW and DD to open the envelope. The anticipation was killing us. Did Mickey send our letter for the "Big Big Boat" (as DD1 calls it)? Everyone was staring at Dad when I opened the envelope, and inside was...

The stupid Olive Garden gift card from my AmEx rewards.

Talk about the all-time greatest let down of the Universe. :mad: :scared: :scared1: :confused: pirate:

Ah well. Maybe tomorrow.

*goes in the corner and sobs*
Oh, I think that would just kill me if UPS came and brought something other than my docs:sad2: I did come home yesterday to a package at my doorstep -- it was jell-o that a survey site sent me to try :lmao: I'm trying to watch a show on tv right now but I think I've missed half of it because every time a car drives by the window I look to see if it's UPS :rotfl2:

Speak louder, Keith!!:lmao:

I was just at Rite-Aid today and they had Bonine.

And darn that UPS man for teasing you guys like that!!

Hey all! All this talk about bonine and dramamine brought up a question from me. I had picked up bonine for my DH and the children's version for my DD (she's 5 years old). I called her doctor to check whether it would be alright and he said (actually the nurse said) they suggest dramamine to their patients. Has anyone given bonine to their young children (again Lil is 5 years old) and, if so, have they done well with it? Or, do I make that trip to the drug store to pick up dramamine for my DD. Let me know! Thanks! Kristi

I did come home yesterday to a package at my doorstep -- it was jell-o that a survey site sent me to try :lmao:

:offtopic: May I make a suggestion, good, make "JELLO SHOOTERS" and then fill out the survey....:cool2: :rotfl2:

Kristi ~ I looked at the back of my Rite-Aid knockoff of Bonine and it said for adults and children OVER 12 years old.

If your doc suggested dramamine for your DD, then I would definitely follow the doc's advice.

:offtopic: May I make a suggestion, good, make "JELLO SHOOTERS" and then fill out the survey....:cool2: :rotfl2:

That sounds good, but first have to pick DD13 up from volleyball. I just read in the paper today -- a mom was arrested when she went to pick her 3 kids up from school. An off duty police officer noticed her stumble out of her car, police arrived as she was about to drive away with the kids. They say she tested at more than 3 times the legal limit :scared1: The kids then had to call their dad to pick them up. I can just imagine how that phone call went...

On another note, just to be absolutely sure, I was filling out stuff online for the cruise, and it said " If you are a citizen of the United States or Canada, in addition to filling out the information below, you must bring and present your Passport as proof of citizenship in order to travel."
We don't need a passport right?

Thanks for the info apoohfn. :) That was what I was leaning toward. I had actually gotten the children's version of bonine as well as the normal bonine. However, I think you're right. If doc says jump I'll say "how high." :) Thanks for the help. :) No biggie really. I was going to the drug store anyway. :) See you soon! :) Kristi

On another note, just to be absolutely sure, I was filling out stuff online for the cruise, and it said " If you are a citizen of the United States or Canada, in addition to filling out the information below, you must bring and present your Passport as proof of citizenship in order to travel."

Correct...I got a little panic-ey filing out the same. so...I called DCL...they directed me to just skip that section and it will go through.

no worries.

OK...let's play another - 'WHERE ARE YOU'?

100_2200.jpg

If you are a US Citizen, you will need to bring a "CERTIFIED COPY OF YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE" (Raised seal, no copies) for I.D. Everyone else (Canadains) will have to have a passport. This will be our 8th Disney cruise and we have been asked to show Birth Certificates or passports on everyone. Since 9/11 they have to be careful, which makes me feel alot better.....

I would recommend taking your drivers lic. as well, you will have to present I.D. everytime you get on or off the boat, we always lock our passports in the room safe, DL's are the same size as your room key and easier to keep up with.

Bev, found this on a few medical sites:

4. Carrying on medicine? Check your documentation.

The TSA says it recommends but doesn't require that passengers "bring along any supporting documentation (ID cards, letter from doctor, etc.) regarding their medication needs."

The TSA also recommends, but no longer requires, that the label on prescription medications match the passenger's boarding bass.

If those names don't match, be prepared to explain why to security officers.

Hope that helps.

Correct...I got a little panic-ey filing out the same. so...I called DCL...they directed me to just skip that section and it will go through.

no worries.

ok-- THANK YOU! I had this vision of surprising the kids, then getting to the check in desk and being sent home. That would not be good :eek:

OK….think I might of found a good one (insert evil laughter here). I believe this photo was taken in one of the lounges during an ‘Art of Entertaining’ seminar (get to the question Kevin).

Ok…don’t be pushy.

Name the restaurant that uses the china and stemware in this photo?

IMG_2550_edited-1.jpg

Where do you get Bonine? I asked at Target today, and the lady in the pharmacy just directed me to the Dramamine.... I was like, ummm, that's not what I asked for. She didn't seem to bright...

I got my Bonine at Raleys. They also have it at Longs....along with the Bonine CHILDRENS version. Have both!

OK….think I might of found a good one (insert evil laughter here). I believe this photo was taken in one of the lounges during an ‘Art of Entertaining’ seminar (get to the question Kevin).

Ok…don’t be pushy.

Name the restaurant that uses the china and stemware in this photo?

IMG_2550_edited-1.jpg

My turn....my turn....Haven't been there yet, but is it Palo??

Hey, Kevin... I think I know this one... is it PALO???:earsgirl:

While it is pathetic to admit, I just spent an hour last night looking at the photos of food thread and think I recognized the plates from all the scrumptious photos from Palo!!

Wow, some of those things look amazing, while other dishes I could easily pass up, since I am not a seafood fan. I am digging all the desserts, though!!

:cool1:

Hey, Kevin... I think I know this one... is it PALO???:earsgirl:

While it is pathetic to admit, I just spent an hour last night looking at the photos of food thread and think I recognized the plates from all the scrumptious photos from Palo!!

Wow, some of those things look amazing, while other dishes I could easily pass up, since I am not a seafood fan. I am digging all the desserts, though!!

:cool1:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: That's where I got my guess from! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter