October 13th, 2007~"Cruise-A-Palooza"

Welcome Downunder loulou!
You will find the Magic has very good stabilizers(?). I think the first night is the worse -something about crossing the channels into the Carribean. The trick is to have the medicine well into your system. I will take bonine the night before and nightly till I feel "safe".

My family also sailed two years ago (remember the 2005 hurricaine season). We sailed DURING Wilma plus Alpha and Beta was also out in the Atalantic. Disney changed our "sea days" around to avoid these storms.

Apoohfn- How about giving us daily (or so) packing tips! I will say I have heard about wearing old underwear and then just throwing it out thus creating more space in your suitcase for purchases.
I also had a thought about the bottled water- I'm going to pack some little half pints and have Shirley (Perfect Gift) put some larger ones in our basket. I will be calling the Perfect Gift to place my order soon.

No docs here yet, still. Have a good day everyone. Cathy

Heres a pre-cruise check list.
Does anyone have anything to add to it?

1) Call credit card companies to let them know we are traveling.
2) Scan, copy and print out credit cards(both sides) and passports before leaving. Take a copy with us in organizer. Leave a copy at home.
3) Have mail held and newspapers.
4) Make arrangements for ***** to watch the pets.
5) Print on line cruise check-in documents and put in folder.
6) Turn off Coffee pots, PCs, check door and window locks. Set thermostat.
7) Hair cuts and manicures/pedicures.
8) 1-888-325-2500 a week ahead of time for the current movies being shown.
9) Go to bank for ones, roll of quarters for laundry and cash for trip.

Welcome Downunder loulou

I too recommend Bonine (aka Meclizine or Antivert). It is over the counter here in the US (not sure about Aussie drugist). I will start taking it Friday morning for our Saturday Cruise. That way it gets in my system and the first day medicine-head feeling will be gone by Saturday.

Welcome Downunder loulou!

My family also sailed two years ago (remember the 2005 hurricaine season). We sailed DURING Wilma plus Alpha and Beta was also out in the Atalantic. Disney changed our "sea days" around to avoid these storms.

We did too! We were trapped in our condo during Hurricane Wilma, and were on the Magic during Tropical Storm Beta. Made walking around the ship very interesting at times:thumbsup2 They had to close the pools one time too, I tried to get a couple pics of the waves in the Mickey pool, they were pretty high :scared1:

Happy Hump Day, everyone and welcome downunder!

I probably shouldn't have mentioned the disposable underwear ~ promise me you all won't point at me & laugh & say "There's the lady wearing disposable underwear!" :lmao:
Plus my DH would be mortified LOLOLOLOL

Great tips, Bev. If I can remember any more to add, I'll post.

Cathy ~ I liked on the tips on Homew's thread of packing light in the main forum section. I'm all for mix & match. White skirt w/diff tops, etc...
Plus I only have one small child so it's not too hard to pack light. Most of you have older kids so I can only imagine how much you need to pack.

We're leaving for Orlando 2 weeks from tomorrow ~ ya-hooooo!!!

For those who have not rec'd their docs yet, hope the UPS guy shows up today!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hi all! Thanks for the suggestions of starting bonine the day before we sail. I'll pass that info on to my DH. Also, thanks bevtoy for the pre-cruise tips. I appreciate them. They reminded me I need to ask our friends if they'll come visit our cat and take care of her while we're gone. 2 weeks from Saturday and we'll be cruisin!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEEEE! :) Take care! Kristi

Heres a pre-cruise check list.
Does anyone have anything to add to it?

1) Call credit card companies to let them know we are traveling.
2) Scan, copy and print out credit cards(both sides) and passports before leaving. Take a copy with us in organizer. Leave a copy at home.
3) Have mail held and newspapers.
4) Make arrangements for ***** to watch the pets.
5) Print on line cruise check-in documents and put in folder.
6) Turn off Coffee pots, PCs, check door and window locks. Set thermostat.
7) Hair cuts and manicures/pedicures.
8) 1-888-325-2500 a week ahead of time for the current movies being shown.
9) Go to bank for ones, roll of quarters for laundry and cash for trip.

Great list! My additions include some items to pack (beyond the obvious!):
1) leave the ship phone number for a family member just in case
2) make sure new shoes are as broken-in as possible...you don't want any blisters!
3) As an ER nurse and EMT, I am big on everyone putting together a small first aid kit...bandages, tylenol, cold medicine, thermometer, etc.
4) have some antibacterial gel or wipes to use right before eating...especially if you are at a buffet...think germs on the buffet spoon handles!! eeewww
5) make sure you pack enough sunscreen!
6) don't forget any prescription meds...pack them in your day bag just in case your bags are lost!

If I think of anything else, I'll post!

Happy packing/planning!! Tracy : ) :yay:

Sorry, a little late on this one....

Me: John-34
DW: Claudine-33
DD1: Faith-5
DD2: Ava-3

Also traveling with us:
DSIL: Ginger
DBIL: Teddy
Niece: Tierney
Nephew: Hunter
DSIL: Amanda
DBIL: Glen
DSIL: Jaime
DBIL: Scott
DMIL: Laurie Lynn
DFIL: Charlie
DW's Aunt: Jackie
DW's Cousin: Jake

Still no docs here...

Does anyone have good packing tips for gym/workout wear? you really can't wear that stuff more than once without a thorough cleansing, otherwise I'd be really unpopular around the fitness area....

So I was just browsing the cruise forum posting a reply to a hotel question, when lo and behold I look out the window and the UPS truck was outside!

I gathered DW and DD to open the envelope. The anticipation was killing us. Did Mickey send our letter for the "Big Big Boat" (as DD1 calls it)? Everyone was staring at Dad when I opened the envelope, and inside was...

The stupid Olive Garden gift card from my AmEx rewards.

Talk about the all-time greatest let down of the Universe. :mad: :scared: :scared1: :confused: pirate:

Ah well. Maybe tomorrow.

*goes in the corner and sobs*

So I was just browsing the cruise forum posting a reply to a hotel question, when lo and behold I look out the window and the UPS truck was outside!

I gathered DW and DD to open the envelope. The anticipation was killing us. Did Mickey send our letter for the "Big Big Boat" (as DD1 calls it)? Everyone was staring at Dad when I opened the envelope, and inside was...

Talk about the all-time greatest let down of the Universe. :mad: :scared: :scared1: :confused: pirate:

Ah well. Maybe tomorrow.

Wow, I actually feel sympathy for you!

Ah well. Maybe tomorrow.

:sad: That stinks! :sad1: Maybe tomorrow...:grouphug:

Great list! My additions include some items to pack (beyond the obvious!):
1) leave the ship phone number for a family member just in case
2) make sure new shoes are as broken-in as possible...you don't want any blisters!
3) As an ER nurse and EMT, I am big on everyone putting together a small first aid kit...bandages, tylenol, cold medicine, thermometer, etc.
4) have some antibacterial gel or wipes to use right before eating...especially if you are at a buffet...think germs on the buffet spoon handles!! eeewww
5) make sure you pack enough sunscreen!
6) don't forget any prescription meds...pack them in your day bag just in case your bags are lost!

If I think of anything else, I'll post!

Happy packing/planning!! Tracy : ) :yay:

Do I understand correctly that prescription meds need to be packed in the container they came in at the drug store?

Do I understand correctly that prescription meds need to be packed in the container they came in at the drug store?

I haven't heard this one. So I can't mix pills in a bottle? I have to have each in the package (bottle), they came in?:confused3

Does anyone have good packing tips for gym/workout wear? you really can't wear that stuff more than once without a thorough cleansing, otherwise I'd be really unpopular around the fitness area....

WORK OUT WEAR? DID I HEAR YOU TYPE CORRECTLY? WORK OUT WEAR?

You mean to tell me people actually work out on vacation...:scared: :sad1: :scared1: ARE THEY TOTAL INSANE!:rolleyes1

Hey, just kidding, I'm one of the insane ones that work out as well...I try and run 2 miles a day and lift weights at least 3 times a week. (the key word is TRY!):rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I usually take 2 pairs of work out shorts and a couple of extra t-shirts, I will wash one pair in the sink and let them dry over night and rotate like that. I have been in the gym with some people that apparently could not figure out how to do this.....:confused: :sick: :confused:

I haven't heard this one. So I can't mix pills in a bottle? I have to have each in the package (bottle), they came in?:confused3

My understanding is, you can mix the pills. They do not like a zip lock baggy full of pills. My wife as taken one of those pill separators (broken down into days) on board, she has a problem with migraines and she takes 4 pills a day, plus my son has allergies and takes 3 pill a day.

Hope this helps, but it would not hurt to call DCL and double check....

My tip for work-out wear.... conveniently leave one work-out shoe at home! :rotfl:

To Jenn and Snicksed - THANK YOU for the wonderful magnets! I'm just admiring them and had to say it again!!

Where are you UPS man?!
Cathy

My Mom takes 12 different meds every day. I have them organized by day. I print out the list of meds from the pharmacy and carry that with me. Never been questioned.

hth

OK! LISTEN UP! I WILL ONLY TYPE THIS ONCE!!!!!

FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER WORD ABOUT HURRICANES!

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST WEATHER KNOW TO MANKIND! WE WILL HAVE
SMOOTH SEAS,
BLUE SKIES
& ICE COLD DRINKS OF THE DAY!

IF ANYONE HAS A COMPLAINT, TALK TO MY WIFE:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

***JUST IN CASE GOD DID NOT GET MY PRAY, EVERYONE HAVE MANY DRINKS OF THE DAY, THAT WAY, YOU WILL NOT CARE IF ITS RAINING AND THE SHIP IS A ROCKIN***

everyone have a great day!!!

Welcome Downunder loulou

I too recommend Bonine (aka Meclizine or Antivert). It is over the counter here in the US (not sure about Aussie drugist). I will start taking it Friday morning for our Saturday Cruise. That way it gets in my system and the first day medicine-head feeling will be gone by Saturday.

Where do you get Bonine? I asked at Target today, and the lady in the pharmacy just directed me to the Dramamine.... I was like, ummm, that's not what I asked for. She didn't seem to bright...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter