October 1-6 (starting off with rain?!)

taben

Mouseketeer
Hello all....please rest my mind. :( I know it is 8 days out but am looking at the 10 day out weather for both WDW and Kissemee and both are showing the first two days of our trip 60% chance of thunderstorms and in the low 80's. :worried::sad: I am praying this trip won't be a wash out. Granted, we aren't leaving for several days yet but reassure me!;) I know October is getting close to the end of hurricane season and that in the summer months, it can be pretty common for a shower or two and then back to sun again.
Just want to enjoy the sunny Floriday weather on our vacation.

Your thoughts?

Same here we leave in 9 days. There's nothing we can do about the weather. In the UK we have pretty much had rain all "summer" so it will be disappointing to have the same in florida but we can't let it spoil our vacation

Hello all....please rest my mind. :( I know it is 8 days out but am looking at the 10 day out weather for both WDW and Kissemee and both are showing the first two days of our trip 60% chance of thunderstorms and in the low 80's. :worried::sad: I am praying this trip won't be a wash out. Granted, we aren't leaving for several days yet but reassure me!;) I know October is getting close to the end of hurricane season and that in the summer months, it can be pretty common for a shower or two and then back to sun again.
Just want to enjoy the sunny Floriday weather on our vacation.

Your thoughts?

There was a post last week about someone who changed their MNSSHP plans the afternoon of the party because it was pouring rain and was predicted to rain that night. They changed their party night to this past Friday. Guess what? The party they were supposed to attend was dry, and the party they changed to was wet.

The forecasters got their predictions wrong 8 hours out. How much credit should anyone give them 8 days out?

Just prepare for some rain at some point during your trip--it likely won't last long and there's very little you can do about it otherwise.

FYI, I was also at that wet party and had a great time. We poncho'd up and soldiered on.

:goodvibes

You can't go by a 10 day forcast...especially in Florida. lol Don't stress about it, because there is nothing you can do about it anyway. Bring along some ponchos and have a great time...you're in disney, rain or shine its better than being home :)

You can't go by a 10 day forcast...especially in Florida. lol Don't stress about it, because there is nothing you can do about it anyway. Bring along some ponchos and have a great time...you're in disney, rain or shine its better than being home :)

So true! It is better than being at home! :banana:

Rain is really likely this time of year, but I doubt you will have all day downpours. Florida is still in "summer" mode in early Oct, so expect afternoon thundershowers.

We learned a few years ago that it's all about perspective! :thumbsup2

We got completely rained out on a 5 day trip and the first day when the forecast was bleak I was very upset. I got it together and headed to the parks anyways. I learned much that day.

1.) A rainy day at Disney is better than ideal weather anywhere else!
2.) Everybody freaks out and exits the parks
3.) Smiling and waving at them as they are leaving and I am heading in makes me seem like a lunatic, but really, I'm thanking them for leaving MY park! :cool1:
4.) Rain in Florida is fickle and has a funny way of just dissipating without notice and we did get some small breaks in it.

So, smile and wave, and enjoy yourselves. Splash in a puddle! And do it with a renewed appreciation for rain in Florida!

I hope you don't get rained out, but if you do, think positive!

Sometimes the rain will lessen the crowds, too. My first day at Magic Kingdom in Sept 2007, it rained briefly on and off all day and we litterally walked onto the rides. It was great.

I've been checking the weather (even though I know better) and we leave on the 2nd. Yesterday they were showing clear skies everyday, today it's rain everyday. Trust me! It's not accurate one bit! I remember our first trip in May 2011 where they showed rain everyday up until we left and guess what? NOT ONE DROP while we were there!

Try not to worry...in the World, it can rain over at one park, and be bright and sunny at another.

We've watched dark,scary looking thunderstorms brood in the background all afternoon while at Animal Kingdom, and never feel a drop of rain. Same for Blizzard Beach. Same for at the resort pool.
It rained lightly on us one day at MK ,we rode on the People Mover and it was done when we got off.

One year, just as we got to Crystal Palace for our reservation, it opened up and poured buckets. It poured for well over two hours, and our waiter kept coming back to our table with drinks, extra napkins, whatnot saying "Don't rush....you can stay as long as you like"....as the parks had cleared out and there wasn't a soul trying to get into CP.

This will be our 7th trip and honestly I can only think of a handful of times we've encountered rain. (And 5 of those trips have been in Sept/Oct).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter