• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct trip to S. California

jctwizzer

DIS Veteran
We're regulars at WDW, and will be in S. California in late Oct. for a week. My underprivileged wife has never been to Calif. and my last trip to Disneyland was 1957! Trying to decide on what highlights to hit---would like brief comments (if possible), or email your comments, on the following...thanks....wizzer---

Sat. - arrive at SNA at 1 pm. Drive to Newport Beach/get
acclimated.
Sunday......Catalina
Monday.....Knott's Scary Farm -- day and night???
Tuesday...Disneyland. birthday lunch at Blue Bayou
Wednesday.....DCA
Thurs.....cruise coast/north
Friday.....cruise coast/south
Sat......be back at SNA at 1 pm

Any suggestions/comments/specific destinations for the open days would be appreciated:smooth:

If you like art museums, the new J. Paul Getty in Santa Monica may be worth investigating for a day.

Excellent choice on Knott's Scary Farm. It's the 30th Anniversary and should be spectacular this year. We had a blast adding it to our Disneyland visit last year.

Day and night will require separate admission, but both would be worth it. You'll be able to get some good rides on Xcelerator and Ghostrider before the park closes for the normal day, then concentrate on mazes and rethemed rides (Log Ride and Mine Ride) at the actual Haunt. Get your tickets early!

Keep in mind that Catalina is a great day trip in good weather. The ocean can be pretty rough going over there some times so bring along some Dramamine just in case. Also, make your boat reservations early because weekends fill up fast. Have fun!:D

Keep in mind that Catalina is a great day trip in good weather. The ocean can be pretty rough going over there some times so bring along some Dramamine just in case. Also, make your boat reservations early because weekends fill up fast. Have fun!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter