• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 6, 2014 - Wonder in the Bahamas

Discover treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings as you celebrate Halloween on the High Seas! This new experience is available on most itineraries departing late September through Halloween.

Thrills and chills await you at every turn with Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor—including an evolving Halloween Tree that eerily transforms throughout your cruise.

Sail Dates
Ship Sail Dates
Disney Magic September 26, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Wonder September 24, 2014 - October 26, 2014
Disney Dream September 21, 2014 - October 31, 2014
Disney Fantasy September 20, 2014 - October 25, 2014
Other special experiences include:

Mickey's Mouse-querade Party—an atrium party scare-a-bration in addition to Pirate Night—with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals in their Halloween attire
Halloween-themed activities for all ages, such as mask-making for kids and pumpkin-carving for teens
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where you're part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally
Haunted Stories of the Sea—a campfire-style storytelling experience on the deck
Halloween movie marathon to get you in the spirit, shown on Funnel Vision and on the dedicated in-room television channel
Halloween Isn't Just for Kids—an adults-only party that includes a costume contest
And more spooky surprises await you onboard!

With so much to see and do, you won't want to miss this Halloween celebration at sea, now offered fleetwide. Be sure to pack your favorite costumes and get ready for happy haunts.

Greetings from Nashville, TN. We are so excited to join this cruise as our 2014/15 school calendar has finally been approved.
This will be our family's 3rd cruise on DCL(my 4th). We sailed Oct 2013 on the Wonder and loved the ship. Our first family cruise was the Dream in 2012 and it was a DD. My parents were with us so we were not able to enjoy the DD as much as we will this time.

We would like to join the candy exchange and I will send a PM as soon as it will let me! (I've never posted on DIS before).

Candy Exchange - interest

realfam
aarpin
bobbiwoz
HiBobM may help
HeatherLassell
115belladonna
Dayna0611

If you go to the Games board, you may find it easy to build up your post number. That's how mine got so high!:goodvibes

I know this sounds bad but I am a bit tired of Halloween at sea and I am ready for a Christmas cruise. This will be our third year in a row on a Halloween themed sailing. Although it is cute seeing the characters in their costumes, the ones that I have seen have been in the same costumes. I was surprised this year at the number of passengers on our sailing that weren't aware of the Halloween festivities. Last year we were on the ship during Halloween so it was safe to assume that everyone knew we would have it then. Lol.

That being said I wonder if the festivities will vary by ship again. We were on the Fantasy in 2013 and the Dream in 2012. The Dream seemed to have the most Halloween festivities this year although last year there was barely anything. Although to their credit it was right after Super Storm Sandy so our itinerary got changed all around to allow them more time to fix up Castaway and because of the winds.

Candy Exchange - interest realfam aarpin bobbiwoz HiBobM may help HeatherLassell 115belladonna Dayna0611 If you go to the Games board, you may find it easy to build up your post number. That's how mine got so high!:goodvibes

Not to sound silly but what is the games board?!?

Current list of tentative Candy Exchangers

realfam
aarpin
bobbiwoz
HiBobM may help

Looking forward to this cruise, will be first time on Wonder. We would like to participate in the candy exchange, first time for that. Do we still bring our fish extender for people to put candy in? Does it work the same way as a FE group? Traveling party will be me (45), DW (44), DS (14), and DD (13). Do I need to PM our cabin number to you?

Thanks,

Jack

Looking forward to this cruise, will be first time on Wonder. We would like to participate in the candy exchange, first time for that. Do we still bring our fish extender for people to put candy in? Does it work the same way as a FE group? Traveling party will be me (45), DW (44), DS (14), and DD (13). Do I need to PM our cabin number to you?

Thanks,

Jack

Welcome! As of now, I am not collecting cabin numbers. That will come around July when I close out the sign ups.

Yes, we use a FE to put the candy in!:thumbsup2

Bobbi

PS. Current list of CE participants on this cruise:

realfam
aarpin
bobbiwoz
HiBobM (volunteered to help!:))
HeatherLassell
115belladonna
Dayna0611
Club Disney Chandler

Hi all ;)

I am new to this cruise .. just booked.

I have also made a cruise page - meet and greet - FE gift exchange link, etc..

I hope you'll drop by and talk on my page as well…

I am not insulting the creator of this page at all ;) :lovestruc I just happen to start it last night and noticed you have one already in the works…

Speak soon :)

Georgette

Hi all ;)

I am not insulting the creator of this page at all ;) :lovestruc I just happen to start it last night and noticed you have one already in the works…

Georgette

pirate: :welcome: ABOARD!! :sail:

Much of what is discussed is on Facebook too!! :surfweb:

Hi all ;)

Georgette

Welcome!

Perhaps the moderators can combine the thread!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Regarding candy exchange...I'll be naming the cabins (in PM's) to participants, so yes, two participating cabins under 1 name would be fine. Candy is so different as far as amount given. We have never gotten less than 2 servings but mostly more. Knowing the number in each cabin would be good to know, but not necessary. Should I mark you down as 2 cabins?

If interest expanded I would probably break the exchange into group (s) of 10 or so. If that happens, would you want to be together in the same group?

Bobbi:goodvibes

If you can please mark me as two cabins. That would be great.

If you can please mark me as two cabins. That would be great.
OK!

Current list of participants:

realfam
aarpin (1)
aarpin (2)
bobbiwoz
HiBobM (volunteered to help!)
HeatherLassell
115belladonna
Dayna0611
Club Disney Chandler

If we get around 16 - 20 cabins participating, and we have 2 groups, would you like to have 1 cabin in each group?

Bobbi

We'd love to participate in the candy exchange and the FE exchange. Can you add us to the list? ;-)

We'd love to participate in the candy exchange and the FE exchange. Can you add us to the list? ;-)

Sure!

Current list of participants in the Candy Exchange

realfam
aarpin (1)
aarpin (2)
bobbiwoz
HeatherLassell
115belladonna
Dayna0611
Club Disney Chandler
Linden Lady

Just booked this cruise for me and my two kids! It will be our first cruise! I have never planned a vacation this far out so the next 264 days are going to be so long, haha!!

What is the usual deadline for signing up for a FE group? I'm not entirely sure we would do it right now so I'm just curious as I don't want to miss any sort of deadline.

Hi All!! I just booked this cruise today! wooohooo!!

Sailing will be myself(31) DH(34) DS(8) DS(15 months) at the time of sailing. This is our 2nd cruise...the first was Sept. 2012 on the Fantasy. We are so excited to be going to CC twice and that is what sold us on this sailing!

We are interested in the Fish Extender and Candy Exchange! We look forward to getting to know all of you!pixiedust:

Hi All!! I just booked this cruise today! wooohooo!!

Sailing will be myself(31) DH(34) DS(8) DS(15 months) at the time of sailing. This is our 2nd cruise...the first was Sept. 2012 on the Fantasy. We are so excited to be going to CC twice and that is what sold us on this sailing!

We are interested in the Fish Extender and Candy Exchange! We look forward to getting to know all of you!pixiedust:

pirate: :welcome: ABOARD!! :sail:

Just booked this cruise for me and my two kids! It will be our first cruise! I have never planned a vacation this far out so the next 264 days are going to be so long, haha!!

What is the usual deadline for signing up for a FE group? I'm not entirely sure we would do it right now so I'm just curious as I don't want to miss any sort of deadline.

Hi.. I'm closing out the FE exchange list at least 1 month prior to sailing to everyone has time to figure out who's involved, how many cabins, children, families and etc..

Current list of participants in the Candy Exchange

realfam
aarpin (1)
aarpin (2)
bobbiwoz
HeatherLassell
115belladonna
Dayna0611
Club Disney Chandler
Linden Lady
SerendipityDoDa

Bobbi:goodvibes:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter