• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 6, 2014 - Wonder in the Bahamas

I am flying down to Orlando today to enjoy a little Disney Christmas. Wed. Magic, Thur. Hollywood, Sat. Candle Light at Epcot! Merry Disney Christmas!

I am flying down to Orlando today to enjoy a little Disney Christmas. Wed. Magic, Thur. Hollywood, Sat. Candle Light at Epcot! Merry Disney Christmas!

Enjoy your trip! I have 2 more weeks of classes ( Math prof here!:teacher:) and then I'll head down for some Christmas at Disney too!

DH & I plan to do 2 days at the parks with DD before & after the cruise(Sat/Sun/Mon before and Fri/Sat after) Then I will be returning to WDW for Thanksgiving. Considering buying an annual pass in October if it will be more cost effective.:scratchin

Since we don't have any actual sea days on this cruise, does that mean no Palo brunch? :(

I would think you are right about the Palo Brunch. Ask on the regular cruise forum to find out for sure!

I have 9 days before Disney World and then a Disney Cruise (Dream). I am very excited and bouncing off the walls.

BUT... I have never done a FE or a Candy Exchange. (My first fe is on the Dream later this month) but for the candy exchange, can I do more than 1 cabin? (Providing that I bring candy from both cabins) and do I have to tell you the number of people that I have in each cabin?

And I don't know if I am going early. Which Marathon is right before?

And because we are in CC 2 night, do you know which one the 5k is run on? Or both?

:goodvibes

It seems like there are a bunch of adults cruising without kids on this board. I can tell the adult pools, beaches, and bars will be doing a great business!

I am going with my oldest, but I am also going with Grandparents... so I think I will not see him a lot. But my hubby and I will definitely be visiting the bars.

First timers here and I just booked our first vacation for this trip!

This is a graduation gift to myself and a surprise vacation for my dd (she'll be 12) and ds (he'll be 8). My best friend is tagging along, too (she'll be celebrating her birthday while on the cruise)!

Can you tell I'm excited!:blush:

First timers here and I just booked our first vacation for this trip!

This is a graduation gift to myself and a surprise vacation for my dd (she'll be 12) and ds (he'll be 8). My best friend is tagging along, too (she'll be celebrating her birthday while on the cruise)!

Can you tell I'm excited!:blush:

Welcome to the Disboards & this cruise!

Bobbi...your neighbor in Ohio!

I am going to join in the group and look forward to reading over the thread and getting to know all of you.

I am Lianne (31) and I'll be traveling with my son - Patrick (10), daughter - Kayleigh (7) and my hubby - Bill (29). The listed ages are our ages at the time of sailing which was a little more difficult to write than it should have been. :rotfl: I found myself automatically adjusting the kids' ages but forgetting to change the adults'. :lmao:

This will be our first time traveling on the Wonder. The kids and I have sailed on the Dream twice and the Fantasy once. Patrick and I will be going on the Magic next month and I plan on rebooking this trip on board if the prices don't increase too much in the next month (I suppose if they do, I'm already locked in with my existing reservation anyways). The hubby isn't really into cruising or Disney so he only went on our first Dream sailing. He works as a superintendent of construction and doesn't traditionally get vacation pay. Whereas I work banking hours and I like to use my vacation pay as often as my meager pocket book allows. :laughing:

This will also be our first double dip. I am SOOO excited for it!

I am also in the process of obtaining my MBA so I'm limited on when I can travel. In fact, I'll certainly be missing two classes while we are on this sailing but eh we can all miss a day or two here and there right?!? :rolleyes1

Anyways, I am now going to head to the FB page to request to join that too. :thumbsup2

I have 9 days before Disney World and then a Disney Cruise (Dream). I am very excited and bouncing off the walls.

BUT... I have never done a FE or a Candy Exchange. (My first fe is on the Dream later this month) but for the candy exchange, can I do more than 1 cabin? (Providing that I bring candy from both cabins) and do I have to tell you the number of people that I have in each cabin?

:goodvibes

Regarding candy exchange...I'll be naming the cabins (in PM's) to participants, so yes, two participating cabins under 1 name would be fine. Candy is so different as far as amount given. We have never gotten less than 2 servings but mostly more. Knowing the number in each cabin would be good to know, but not necessary. Should I mark you down as 2 cabins?

If interest expanded I would probably break the exchange into group (s) of 10 or so. If that happens, would you want to be together in the same group?

Bobbi:goodvibes

Regarding candy exchange...I'll be naming the cabins (in PM's) to participants, so yes, two participating cabins under 1 name would be fine. Candy is so different as far as amount given. We have never gotten less than 2 servings but mostly more. Knowing the number in each cabin would be good to know, but not necessary. Should I mark you down as 2 cabins? If interest expanded I would probably break the exchange into group (s) of 10 or so. If that happens, would you want to be together in the same group? Bobbi:goodvibes

Yay for some action over here! I was nervous that I killed the thread. Lol.

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. First was my daughter, Sydney's Make a Wish and 2nd was a year later with my Mom tho we couldn't get in to CC:( Both were on the Magic and I loved that boat! So this cruise my Mom purchased for my daughter for Christmas. It will be me Denise(41), Mom(67) and Sydney(11) We will stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek before and after and hope to get to DTD and to visit Sofia the First

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. First was my daughter, Sydney's Make a Wish and 2nd was a year later with my Mom tho we couldn't get in to CC:( Both were on the Magic and I loved that boat! So this cruise my Mom purchased for my daughter for Christmas. It will be me Denise(41), Mom(67) and Sydney(11) We will stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek before and after and hope to get to DTD and to visit Sofia the First

Welcome!!! I am always nervous about not making Castaway too. However, I'm pretty sure with this being a double dip that we will at LEAST end up there once but obviously we are hoping for both visits. :thumbsup2

Just booked this while on the DREAM Christmas cruise! This will be our 5th cruise. First time on the WONDER tho!! Really hoping for a Halloween sailing but DCL said it wasn't listed on the itinerary when I called. ;-(
Excited for the DD!! Never done that! Luckily, I've never had any problems docking at CC for any of our sailings! I always run the CC 5k so maybe they'll offer it twice ???
Also, when I called, DCL said it would dock at CC then sail and then re dock next day. Cuz I was wondering how that DD would work. Lol. Nice to have the sea sailing rather than staying in dock overnight, IMO. DH and I like to walk the decks at night. :-)
Anyway, it will be myself, DH, DS (10), DS (12). Would love to participate in FE. We've done it every sailing so far. CE is new for me. But it sounds fun!!! :-)

Just booked this while on the DREAM Christmas cruise! This will be our 5th cruise. First time on the WONDER tho!! Really hoping for a Halloween sailing but DCL said it wasn't listed on the itinerary when I called. ;-( Excited for the DD!! Never done that! Luckily, I've never had any problems docking at CC for any of our sailings! I always run the CC 5k so maybe they'll offer it twice ??? Also, when I called, DCL said it would dock at CC then sail and then re dock next day. Cuz I was wondering how that DD would work. Lol. Nice to have the sea sailing rather than staying in dock overnight, IMO. DH and I like to walk the decks at night. :-) Anyway, it will be myself, DH, DS (10), DS (12). Would love to participate in FE. We've done it every sailing so far. CE is new for me. But it sounds fun!!! :-)

Welcome!! I have been on two Halloween cruises and I would much rather be on a Christmas one. :) A Disney Christmas just looks so magical.

We haven't encountered any problems docking at Castaway either. However after Super Storm Sandy our itinerary got switched around and we almost didn't make it because of the wind. It took SEVERAL attempts before Captain Henry was able to get us docked. Needless to say we arrived a little bit later than expected to Castaway.

I am also curious to see if the 5K is offered on both days. I am hoping so. :)

Greetings from Nashville, TN. We are so excited to join this cruise as our 2014/15 school calendar has finally been approved.
This will be our family's 3rd cruise on DCL(my 4th). We sailed Oct 2013 on the Wonder and loved the ship. Our first family cruise was the Dream in 2012 and it was a DD. My parents were with us so we were not able to enjoy the DD as much as we will this time.

We would like to join the candy exchange and I will send a PM as soon as it will let me! (I've never posted on DIS before).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter