Oct 30 2010 7 Night Western (PART 2)

NEXT MONTH??? Wow, does that ever feel weird to say! Yet, a really good feeling to say it toI'm sitting here slightly bored! I've been on the go, doing things, multitasking all week so far, and now I seem to have lost my energy, or maybe it's just there really isn't ANYTHING left to do. We are leaving between 3 and 4 am tomorrow for that 19 to 20 hour drive to DS17's College.
We pick up the rental car at 5pm today. His stuff is all packed and piled high in the living room.
The good news, is, he came in last night and said "Mom, I'v come to a very responsible decision". My 1st thought was "UH OH", for when he says something like that , you just NEVER know whats going to come out of his mouth next.
But surprisingly, he said "I've decided not to take my big Hockey, and I'm not going to play Hockey this year". WHEW!! That big honkin stinkin bag, doesn't have to come with us!! :banana: :banana:
But he will take his skates, stick and gloves, to play a friendly game every now and again at a local rink. :) Now that, we can manage!
So without the big Honkin Hockey bag, maybe we can fit a small cooler with FOOD into the car, so we have our own snack and meal supply for much of the trip.
So right now, I think I"m going to go make a nice warm tea while the kids are happily occupied with the toys, and just sit back and relax a bit more.

OH.... I did check my ressie again this morning, Still no room assignment. Any guesses as to when the last of these will be assigned for us? Is there a certain timeline they'll be done by? :)

Good Luck! Taking a child to college is so bittersweet. (I have one in grad school).

Anybody here familiar with "BJs"? It is a wharehouse club store like "Costco" or "Sam's". . . anyway - I went there the other day and for under $10 I bought 60 packs of "disney cards"! They had "old maids", "crazy eights" and several other games - so - I picked them up for my FE gifts - now I need to pull everything together and figure out what I have and what else I need . . . :confused3

Anybody here familiar with "BJs"? It is a wharehouse club store like "Costco" or "Sam's". . . anyway - I went there the other day and for under $10 I bought 60 packs of "disney cards"! They had "old maids", "crazy eights" and several other games - so - I picked them up for my FE gifts - now I need to pull everything together and figure out what I have and what else I need . . . :confused3

I am! We have them here. Guess I'll need to hit up my sister for her membership card ;)

NEXT MONTH??? Wow, does that ever feel weird to say! Yet, a really good feeling to say it too!

I'm sitting here slightly bored! I've been on the go, doing things, multitasking all week so far, and now I seem to have lost my energy, or maybe it's just there really isn't ANYTHING left to do. We are leaving between 3 and 4 am tomorrow for that 19 to 20 hour drive to DS17's College.
We pick up the rental car at 5pm today. His stuff is all packed and piled high in the living room.
The good news, is, he came in last night and said "Mom, I'v come to a very responsible decision". My 1st thought was "UH OH", for when he says something like that , you just NEVER know whats going to come out of his mouth next.
But surprisingly, he said "I've decided not to take my big Hockey, and I'm not going to play Hockey this year". WHEW!! That big honkin stinkin bag, doesn't have to come with us!! :banana: :banana:
But he will take his skates, stick and gloves, to play a friendly game every now and again at a local rink. :) Now that, we can manage!
So without the big Honkin Hockey bag, maybe we can fit a small cooler with FOOD into the car, so we have our own snack and meal supply for much of the trip.
So right now, I think I"m going to go make a nice warm tea while the kids are happily occupied with the toys, and just sit back and relax a bit more.

OH.... I did check my ressie again this morning, Still no room assignment. Any guesses as to when the last of these will be assigned for us? Is there a certain timeline they'll be done by? :)

Well have a safe trip, I can't imagine how I will be, my oldest daughter just got her driving permit and it is killing me watching her grow up.... College I think will break me.....

Here's a TIP for those travelling down a few or more days before the cruise!!

If you have children ages 11 and under: Check out the Kids Eat Free Orlando Card (Google it).

I called our local CAA office to order my TripTik kit, and the agent there told me about this card. It normally retails for $20 dollars or so, but THEY are selling them for just $10.00 right now. It's good for 90 days from purchase date, and is good for one free kids meal with the purchase of one Adult meal. Good for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at participating restaurants. Now I checked out the participating Restaurants and there are SOOOOOO Many!
McDonalds, Chick-Fil-A, Ponderosa, Baskin Robins, 5 & Diner, A & W, American Pie, Brooklyn Pizza, Bruno's Restaruant, Tony Roma's, Huey Magoo's, Maggie O'Malley's, Vittorio, NBA City, California Pizza Kitchen, Just to name a few. There are some Indian Restaurants and chinese restaurants too.
Wow, for $10.00 I can feed Tim for the Tuesday evening through to Friday lunch time! I think thats worth it!
Check it out at your local AAA club or purchase online, or maybe I could check at getting more than one at my club?

Trip Tik? I assume you have AAA? I haven't purchased mine yet due to waiting till the last minute and I waiting till I paid off my trip. AS OF YESTERDAY THE WHOLE THING IS PAID FOR: Land and SEA!!!! 1) how long does it take to get them in? 2) when should I order? and about how much is AAA club?

Jonathan

Trip Tik? I assume you have AAA? I haven't purchased mine yet due to waiting till the last minute and I waiting till I paid off my trip. AS OF YESTERDAY THE WHOLE THING IS PAID FOR: Land and SEA!!!! 1) how long does it take to get them in? 2) when should I order? and about how much is AAA club?

Jonathan

We have CAA, same thing as AAA, except in Canada. We purchased it for our trip last year and renewed it for this year. It really gives us piece of mind while travelling. I don't remember the cost, but I think it was around $100. and that is the total for both my husband and myself. (Possibly less in the U.S.) The Trip Tik, I recommend ordering it as close to your date as possible. She took down all my info but will order it to arrive at her office on the 18th of October. So at least a week to two weeks before your trip. I think it takes a week for them to get it, and some offices only have them arrive on a specific date, so check with your office. (ours only gets the trip Tiks in on Mondays). :)

Speaking of Halloween. . . we are dressing as "Mouseketeers" and our ears showed up yesterday!!! It is my first pair ever!!! :cool1: Our cats were not amused!! :rotfl2:

Cute! I am still debating on dressing up for Halloween on the boat. The dollar store up here has some great new accessories this year. Maybe I'll try for something simple......

We have CAA, same thing as AAA, except in Canada. We purchased it for our trip last year and renewed it for this year. It really gives us piece of mind while travelling. I don't remember the cost, but I think it was around $100. and that is the total for both my husband and myself. (Possibly less in the U.S.) The Trip Tik, I recommend ordering it as close to your date as possible. She took down all my info but will order it to arrive at her office on the 18th of October. So at least a week to two weeks before your trip. I think it takes a week for them to get it, and some offices only have them arrive on a specific date, so check with your office. (ours only gets the trip Tiks in on Mondays). :)

Yeah - just hope the person who is preparing the triptik's high lighter doesn't run out. We got one and I swear there was 3 or 4 different colours - I couldn't figure out if it was some kind of code or if the ones they were using kept running out :confused3

I actually had a dream about our planned Dis-meet in the Promenade Lounge last night.

In the dream, I was running all over the ship, doing this and that, when I finally found a clock and saw that it was already 5 and that I had missed the Dis-meet by about two hours! I was so upset about it. My DH in the dream was acting like it was no big deal, but I kept telling him there was stuff I needed to do there!

I think this is me being overall worried that I am going to forget something/miss something that I am supposed to do or that I want to do.

I can't put my final FE's together until after my MIL leaves on 9/13. She is upset that she is not going with us (One, we didn't invite her, Two, we can't afford to treat her and Three, she can't afford to pay her own way). She invited herself on our last cruise, a 4 day, and kept telling us how we needed to do a 7 day next. So, it's bothering her somewhat that she is not going to be there this time and I don't want to be cruel and do cruise related stuff in front of her. It's making me anxious though, because I would be happier if it was all done and ready to go.

My next nightmare is likely going to be that she has called and told me she has booked herself on the same cruise (that's what happened the last year). I am fond of her, but I want this vacation to be "just us". I'm actually glad that this cruise is sold out, so I don't even have to face the possibility.

I want to send a huge thank you out to everyone involved in our custom lanyards. You were all so prompt and cooperative. I am now ready to place the order! Those of you who paid by check, I will be depositing those in the next day or so as I prepare make payment for the order.

And with that, the extended signup for the lanyards is now closed. :)

There may be a very limited number of extra lanyards available to purchase once I have finalized assembly or onboard. It will be at least 4 weeks or so until I know for sure. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks again to everyone for making this a successful venture! :)

I want to send a huge thank you out to everyone involved in our custom lanyards. You were all so prompt and cooperative. I am now ready to place the order! Those of you who paid by check, I will be depositing those in the next day or so as I prepare make payment for the order.

And with that, the extended signup for the lanyards is now closed. :)

There may be a very limited number of extra lanyards available to purchase once I have finalized assembly or onboard. It will be at least 4 weeks or so until I know for sure. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks again to everyone for making this a successful venture! :)

It is you who deserve our thanks!!!!:yay::flower3::cool1:

It is you who deserve our thanks!!!!:yay::flower3::cool1:

You are all very welcome, it is my pleasure! :hug:

It's a lot of work but I am so excited to see how they come out, and to see almost 200 of us wearing them onboard will be so cool!

Hi Everyone! Just stopping in to say "Hi!" I've been off the board for about 2 weeks just dealing with day-to-day life. DS11 started 6th grade (still grade school for us - next year will be middle school) and due to all his travel this summer, we were doing a lot of last minute shopping for supplies and clothes. I work full time, so it can be interesting trying to fit everything that is needed into the time availalbe :)

I've also been dealing with an overabundance of garden veggies :) DH loves to garden and planted WAY too many tomato plants this year. He knew he was doing it, but he just loves growing them and we have many different varieties - many of them heirloom types. He has been taking about 100 tomatoes per week into his office - they have a factory out back with fairly low-paid (just a little over minimum wage) workers - DH puts them out in their break room and they dissapear within minutes! The weekend before last, we canned 350 tomatoes (25 quart jars). I'm also drowning in peppers (both sweet and hot), cucumbers, and zuccinis. I've been making zuccini bread, giving them to the neighbors and trying to cook meals that use them.

DH is currently building a large stone retaining wall (the old one was treated wood and has rotted out over the last 15 years) so he is spending all his free time out there, leaving me to handle the veggies!

I suspect that our "holiday" weekend will be mostly more of the same. We are at least taking Saturday off and heading out to a music festival for the day. It is about an hour away, but looks like it will be fun. In addition to various musical acts during the day, there are kid's activities and a hot air balloon flyover. We then have tickets to the big concert that evening - Adam Lambert. It is going to be nice to spend a day just relaxing!

I make a mean zucchini bread! Wish I were closer to get some fresh veggies from you!

Jen, thanks so much for all your work on the lanyards, I'm excited to see them all done!

We're all packed up into a cramped car. Well, all of DS17's stuff. They gave me a Malibu, which I'm certain is smaller than an Impala. So DS can't take his tiny little TV, and we can't take even a small cooler of stuff.
The drive home will be SO much better!
I got my son the Dr. Seuss book "Oh The Places You Will Go" as a gift and will give that to him, sometime during the drive, and he can read it to his littlest brother. We are now leaving at 1am :scared1: So I've got to get to bed ASAP (it's just after 7pm now), Have a Fabulous Long Weekend Everyone!!:)

We're all packed up into a cramped car. Well, all of DS17's stuff. They gave me a Malibu, which I'm certain is smaller than an Impala. So DS can't take his tiny little TV, and we can't take even a small cooler of stuff.
The drive home will be SO much better!
I got my son the Dr. Seuss book "Oh The Places You Will Go" as a gift and will give that to him, sometime during the drive, and he can read it to his littlest brother. We are now leaving at 1am :scared1: So I've got to get to bed ASAP (it's just after 7pm now), Have a Fabulous Long Weekend Everyone!!:)

Good luck Judy! Let us know how the big trip and college drop off went when you get back.

And yes, I think a Malibu is smaller than an Impala!

Judy have a safe and fun trip taking your son to college! The moment is here!! :woohoo: and :eek:at the same time!

Judy be safe and enjoy the last little bit with your oldest son.:thumbsup2

On another note it finally feels like fall!!! This cruise is just around the corner. I can't wait!!!!!!!
Lois:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter