Oct 29-Nov 7 2016: 2 Newbies and 2 Disney veterans chase a...Skeleton? Plus a 2013 F&W TR tossed in!

So I promised an update. I have a tentative schedule with parks and ADRs based off of the 2015 hours.

FRIDAY OCTOBER 28TH
Buddy usually gets off early on Fridays, so he will be in charge of going pick up the rental car. Once I get off work, we will make sure all is packed... (if you know me or Ann for that matter it means we will begin packing.....) then the rental car will be packed to the gills with luggage, princess costumes, Halloween and Christmas decorations (cause you can really do that when you drive haha), pull ups, snacks, disney movies and toys, and of course... we can't forget the wine!

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH
We will leave out super early. I'm talking 5 or 5:30 early. The plan is to put the girls to bed in comfortable clothes to sleep in that don't totally look like jammies, so we can just roll and not completely wake them to dress and whatnot. The plan is to drive a few hours before stopping for Macdonalds. I know the to vets and the oldest newbie can wait that long, but I will make sure milk and a snack is avaliable for Artemis. That child is the best baby. She only really fusses when she's sleepy or hungry. Heaven forbid you don't feed her when she decides it's time to eat!

So the plan is to drive through breakfast if we can then not stop to get out till lunchtime. I'm sure it'll be more fastfood but who knows. Maybe we'll find something interesting on the way or someone will recommend something along the Gulf Coast. We will stop for a snack break around 3 to potty and stretch our legs if it's not needed before then. And hopefully be in Disney by 5:30. It's a 10 hour drive. So leaving at 5am gives us a 2.5 hour window for food/stops/traffic.

The plan is to have done online check in, so we can grab our stuff and go unload the car. We won't unpack yet. We will drop everything and go hop a bus to..... who wants to guess where and to what ADR???

Those of you who know me and have been on TRs or PTRs with me know it's not disney yet to me till I've been to MK, but I also will not go into MK the first time of a trip at night. So that should eliminate some haha!

epcot via napoli

So you pack up the car the night before and leave at 5:am.

You know, I never thought of renting the day before. I just rented in the morning and got a later start.
I like your plan a lot better.

epcot via napoli

So you pack up the car the night before and leave at 5:am.

You know, I never thought of renting the day before. I just rented in the morning and got a later start.
I like your plan a lot better.

Noted...hmm maybe I should have a contest like yours!!!

And yes we will rent day,before. For the little bit extra it will cost since we are already going over the "week rate" it's so worth already having it and it being completely packed the night before. That way we just toss in the cosmetic bag with the toothbrushes and whatnot the morning of and can roll!

And yes we will rent day,before. For the little bit extra it will cost since we are already going over the "week rate" it's so worth already having it and it being completely packed the night before. That way we just toss in the cosmetic bag with the toothbrushes and whatnot the morning of and can roll!

Yeah, I really like that idea. Otherwise it seems to take forever to get going.
Instead of "Be in the car by 5:00, you can keep sleeping." it's "Let's try to be gone by... noon?"

Yeah, I really like that idea. Otherwise it seems to take forever to get going.
Instead of "Be in the car by 5:00, you can keep sleeping." it's "Let's try to be gone by... noon?"

Yep and he's usually up for 5:40 and me for 6. So it's not very much earlier than we usually get up. Plus there's no running around like crazy. Everything will be packed and checked off the list the night before.

Subbing in!!! Right now were scheduled to go next year 9/28-10/8, but I'm trying to see if our group would be flexible and if free dining is available at the end of October maybe changing to 10/26-11/6 so we can do the whole Halloween/Christmas change over.. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!!

Those of you who know me and have been on TRs or PTRs with me know it's not disney yet to me till I've been to MK, but I also will not go into MK the first time of a trip at night. So that should eliminate some haha!
Makes perfect sense. I can't think of a better way to get it started!

Subbing in!!! Right now were scheduled to go next year 9/28-10/8, but I'm trying to see if our group would be flexible and if free dining is available at the end of October maybe changing to 10/26-11/6 so we can do the whole Halloween/Christmas change over.. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans!!

Statistically the last 4 years.. basing off those... free dining should start Saturday the 29th of October next year... again statistically. I have no forward info on that thought I wish I did haha. The lit the tree last night, so I'm beyond excited that I will get to see the ice castle! I was concerned I was going to have to get party tickets for Sunday the 6th (again going by previous years) to see that and that would just be a very expensive view!

Makes perfect sense. I can't think of a better way to get it started!

Haha I'm weird that way! I'll happily go into any other park on arrival day.. but my first walk into MK has to be in the morning... the first morning haha

Haha I'm weird that way! I'll happily go into any other park on arrival day.. but my first walk into MK has to be in the morning... the first morning haha
:rotfl: Oh, come on! I'm always happy to start an arrival day at MK, even if it is after dark!

:rotfl: Oh, come on! I'm always happy to start an arrival day at MK, even if it is after dark!

Nope nope nope. Has to be early MK. Walk in for CP with an empty main street. Seeing that crowded MS in the afternoon or evening just isn't the same for me!

Well when I left there was a question as to where we will be going...

We are off to catch a bus to DTD (which it will always be to me) and to Rainforest cafe or to The Edison if we like the look of the menu. Rain forest is one of the things my DD7 requested, but there is an opportunity to do it our AK day. The Edison however seems right up my Steam punk loving DFs alley. He also likes the look of Jock Lindsays. So we shall see.

But he may have thrown a wrench in my planning already. He thought we were still driving down Friday night to let the girls sleep and still staying the Monday after. Sooooo we may end up leaving after work/school Friday so no one misses ANOTHER day. Drive through the night. Stay offsite and just do a skeep in still do DTD day. But maybe a park that night instead? Anything thoughts?

I'm always going to want to go to a park.

But, DTD with a visit to Jock Lindsay's looks like a good plan to me. I'd really like to get there soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter