Oct 2009 - any week better/worse than another?

goofy4dvc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We're taking our DD, DSIL, and 2 grandkids (ages 3 & 5) to WDW in October. I have been to WDW 3 times in October (different weeks) and it seemed that the last trip was the busiest of the three. Does anyone know any weeks that may be busier because of school breaks that we might want to avoid for their first trip to WDW? Thanks!

The first year, we went the first week. The second year, we went the last 4 or 5 days in October and the first 3 days of November. Last year, we went the last week of October, arriving home a day or two before Halloween. The last two trips we've gone to MNSSHP.

Last year I went from 10/25-11/01 and we found the parks to be not so busy. We actually enjoyed it a bunch. While some of the rides were packed we didn't feel overly crunched on the buses or the actual parks. We're doing the same timeframe this year.

In October, you have Columbus weekend which is busy. You also have the middle Friday (around the 15th, 17th??) as a day where all of schools around WDW are off. THat made for many groups of wandering pre-teens/teens roaming unsupervised throughout the parks - MK and DHS especially.

With the FOod and Wine Festival and all of the Halloween parties, October is now a very busy month at WDW. not like the winter holidays, but still busy for the fall.

Columbus Day weekend and if Halloween is close to a weekend are busy - especially Columbus Day.

I'll tell you what the CMs told me-the whole month, according to them, is equally busy. I went last year from October 17-25. Although the weather was beautiful, I thought it was pretty crowded. I asked several cast members if there were any less crowded weeks in October, and they all told me that all of October will be just as crowded (if not more so) than the week I went. Because of the weather, I picked the same week for this year.

Also be aware that Free Dining Bounce Back offers were extended through the middle of October for next year.
Later than in the past...

So, as far as anyone knows there are no school breaks for October, except for a day or two?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter