• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 19, 2002 UNSTOPPABLE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, today's another day and doing so much better. No news and no one around the house.

I made three of my hot/cold corn pads to use for injuries etc. Made them for Heidi's girls and then they asked if their friend could have one too.

Sandy: Glad you are feeling better today!

The Christmas party was really nice this morning. We will be leaving soon for party number 2.

Tomorrow afternoon I have the neighbor boy across the street and his mom coming over to learn how to take care of the kitties. He will do it for 1 day on the 31st. If it works out and he is interested, we may have him do it in February. I found out when I got home from the ballet yesterday that our pet sitter quit and since she was the one that serviced this area, they can no longer provide services for us. We have had them for 6 years! Pam was so good with the kitties, but I guess she needed a full time job. I just wish they would have called me earlier instead of a week after I called. I can't find a new pet sitter in 2 weeks at holiday time! Debbie says Dylan loves cats. He is going to graduate in the spring and hasn't been able to find a job. I told her it isn't much, but it will pay for some gas for his car.

Aren't having animals a pain, Denine? But, well worth it with the love they offer.

I was having major problems setting up the printer and was chatting with online support so I missed Heidi's Lilly's school. Little turkey is growing up so fast.

Is everyone ready for Christmas?

Sandy: Yeah, it can be a pain at times, but I can't live without a kitty in the house.

Hopefully this week I can just concentrate on school and making dinner with no extras thrown in. Kaleigh does have a cooking class Wednesday evening, but that is it until Christmas Eve.

We still can't get above freezing here. I am already sick and tired of the cold and it is only December!

How funny Denine. We are quite the opposite. Yesterday's high was 64 and today Heidi noticed around 10 am that it was already 62. The mtns are getting unbelievable record breaking snow and we are totally dry. One area in the mtns forecast is 8 feet of snow. Yes, that's not a typo.....8 feet.

Today the family came over to clean out our neighbor's house. The ex wife found him dead inside the house. That's all I know. Sad to hear his motorcycle being driven off with his helmet and gear on someone else. One guy is hauling out the clothes with gloves on, how weird is that??

Sandy: I could use those temps right now! They can keep the 8 feet of snow. It sounds like your neighbor probably died of natural causes. What a shame.

I am ready for a bit of a break. We have school this week and are taking off next week.

It will just be the 3 of us for Christmas Eve. We decided not to have Jerry's mom over since he works from home on Fridays. That means 3-1/2 to 4 hours driving time for Jerry to go get his mom, bring her back and then take her home and come home. If only she would drive. If he was at work, that would eliminate the going to get her since he works fairly close, plus he has to come home anyway. At least in not seeing her, she won't have a chance to blow Christmas for Kaleigh. If anyone lets the cat out of the bag about Santa, it will be her.

I need to go to the grocery store this evening to get stuff for Christmas Eve. I don't want to wait until Thursday.

Denine, I lived in fear of my SIL telling about Santa to my girls. She willingly said something to my niece when she was quite young.

Heidi, your girls have constantly loudly played ever since we all woke up. I'm worried about Sable because she is RUNNING IN the house and she has never done that. She is running outside, too. I have zero control, LOL. I'm headed for breakfast now so that they BOTH can have a break. No make that so that the THREE of us can have a break. LOL Oh and we have WW tonight. We leave about 4:50 and get home about 6:15. You are welcome to stay if you want to. Oh my gosh, as I am typing this I realize that both dogs are in the computer room. That means some one pushed the gate down. Oh good grief, what kind of grandma am I?????

Sad day. The kids are cleaning out the neighbor's house. His daughter stops and cries and then carries on. So sad.

Finally Heidi's girls have calmed down. Lilly loves to be outdoors.

WW tonight and I KNOW it won't be pretty. I am losing just like I did at LA Weight loss. Have a great week and then gain. It goes on over and over again. It's hard to drop, gain, drop, gain. In other words, I lose under a pound a week due to that cycle.

Mom - Sorry my girls are Brats, but thank you so much for watching them!!!!! Only 5 weeks of this! Maybe I can hire a puppysitter. That is so sad about his daughter. Prayers for her and the family.

It has been an emotional few days saying goodbye to Chris. I sure hope the time goes by fast. I miss him already.

HUGS, Heidi. I know this must be so hard for you.

Sandy, so sad about your neighbor and the task of taking care of the things at Christmas time.

Denine, I'm with you. It's only December and I am so done with the cold weather! We may even have a whte Christmas here (not since 1947) and I will be Paul's parents' house and miss it. I'd love to see it but glad we won't be in it. I just hope it clears out before we come home Sunday evening.

Julie, hope you are still healing and will be off the crutches soon.

Barb, just wondering how the new baby is doing (and mom and dad). I know she will bring lots of joy this Christmas as will your other grandchildren!!

Not much happening here. Work has been a little crazy again. Paul is heading out town Wed-Thur and Turner is spending 2 days at a friend's house. It will be just me and the pups for a couple of days.

We leave Thursday when I finish with work so in case I can't get back to post, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. LOVE YOU GUYS!

Susan: It looks like a white Christmas here too. It is currently snowing. It is a light "Christmas" snow.

Sandy: I do the same; lose and gain. It gets frustrating. I can never go 2 weeks of losses. Right now, I am just hoping to maintain!

Heidi: I hope the time with Chris away goes quickly for you!

Jerry is working from hom the rest of the year. At least that is the plan.

Susan and Denine, we will take the White Christmas. It's horrible here. You just don't get in the spirit without a little of the white stuff. Notice I said, a little of it.

Heidi's girls are better today, phew. LOL

Hello!

Off the phone for a few minutes. Had a 3 hour training today then lunch taking a few minutes before I get on the phone again.

Sandy-Sorry about your neighbor. So sad about his daughter. I am taking time off water aerobics too. I have so much to do before Christmas. I really had a stressful year this past year but procrastinating is something I will never do again!

Denine-I am like you. I dont remember school ever being called off for snow. I remember one year we had so much snow on Halloween they called off trick or treating. I was in school watching the snow fall then had to plow through it to get home. Things sure have changed. We have one district that closes all the time and one that NEVER closes. Kind of a joke around work.

Heidi-How is Brittany doing? How is she related to you and not Sandy? How did you weekend go with the girls?

Well better cut this short gotta get back on the phone.

Holy COW I just noticed the date on my signature thingy. Oct of 2002. Man, we need to start planning a 10 year reunion.
Maybe this time instead of one of our kids slurping wine from the fake wood deck, it will be a grand-baby! (or, well, it might be me)

Barb - Brittany is Chris's niece. She is home now and doing better. I talked to her for a while the other night when she got home and she is doing okay. They have to make sure to stay on top of the pain meds every 3 hours. She said it hurts when she takes deep breaths and where the incision is. She can't wait to take a shower when it won't hurt. Thanks for asking. The weekend went well with the girls. They brought a friend and we had our christmas. We spent almost the entire time playing games on the Wii, but I did take all the girls to a chick flick so Chris had some time to play his new video games before he left for FL.

Hi Lori! Happy Holidays! I wasn't a part of the first cruise, but would love to join you all on the reunion one!

Hi Lori!

Today is the last day of school for the year for us. Yeah! I will have Kaleigh do math Monday and Tuesday next week, but that is it. We leave next Thursday for Richmond.

I gained 0.2 lbs this week, but considering we had 2 parties and went to Cici's once, that isn't bad.

Just trying to make it through today. Kaleigh is bouncing off the walls excited for Christmas.

Hello everyone!

Good Morning, everyone.

Lori, share the slurping with all of us!!! Good to hear from you again. Merry Christmas!

Bracing for our winter weather. Just eexactly when and how much snow is still unclear. We are heading out this afternoon and hoping the roads will clear enough for us to return on Sunday.

Merry Christmas!!

I don't know if I will have internet connection and didn't want to forget you all!!

LYMI

Lori, Lori. What a grea surprise. I will try and remember to keep you posted about a reunion cruise. We are somewhat talking about one and I also told Darren about it. How's the ceiling. Have any interest in coming over here and doing both levels for us??? Please?? LOL

Denine, I gained .4 and was somewhat happy. Could be worse!

Susan, be careful on your trip.Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a bit of time to play on the computer now and then I have to go do stuff inthe kitchen for tonights dinner. Church is at 4 and we probably need to leave around 3 to get a good seat. There are only 2 services, 4 and midnight. Tomorrow we will have our family Christmas in the morning and then go to Jerry's moms. We are going to my moms Sunday morning and then to the mall after. I can't get my early morning day-after-Christmas shopping in. So, it will have to be afternoon.

Susan: Have a safe trip!

It looks like we will get some snow, mostly flurries.

Happy birthday Garry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter