• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 13, 2012 Fantasy who's going

I am still trying to find a place for our meet. I am considering the Grand Atrium Lobby or the area in front of the Walt Disney Theatre. I think both of those areas can hold a lot of people but there is not much seating in either and there may be character photos going on in the atrium. We could always get a group photo taken with Mickey. That would be fun!

Terrific. Thanks for letting me know. I will continue to watch for the location decision. We are leaving a week early to have some fun in Disney World first before heading to the cruise. Hopefully I do not miss the info.

The meet is going to be on the first day we get on the ship. One after dinner about 9:30 and possibly one earlier if there is any interest in an earlier meet.

I won't prefer the Early meet on the First day as I find it such a busy time getting your family settled and doing the Ship tour etc.

I prefer the Late Meet, but we are late Dinner seating (8.15pm) so won't make the evening meet untill later or may miss completely if the meet finishes early. The first nights meal is always longer as you are meeting your Servers for the First Time, and they tend to talk more during the first Evening meal. I don't want to rush my meal but I don't want to miss the meet either.

If it can be about 10pm it would suit late Dinner sittings better. Sorry but its easier a bit later. :)

I won't prefer the Early meet on the First day as I find it such a busy time getting your family settled and doing the Ship tour etc.

I prefer the Late Meet, but we are late Dinner seating (8.15pm) so won't make the evening meet untill later or may miss completely if the meet finishes early. The first nights meal is always longer as you are meeting your Servers for the First Time, and they tend to talk more during the first Evening meal. I don't want to rush my meal but I don't want to miss the meet either.

If it can be about 10pm it would suit late Dinner sittings better. Sorry but its easier a bit later. :)

We are also 2nd seating for dinner and I would like time to eat my dinner and still get to the meet on time. According to the Navigator Disney allows 1.5hrs for Dinner. That would move the time for the meet to 9:45pm. Do you think that would be enough time for us to get there?

We are also 2nd seating for dinner and I would like time to eat my dinner and still get to the meet on time. According to the Navigator Disney allows 1.5hrs for Dinner. That would move the time for the meet to 9:45pm. Do you think that would be enough time for us to get there?

I know it says 90 mins but others and myself have had meals that are near 2hrs, especially the first night as I said. The servers spend time telling you about themselves and then there is a little more interaction to get to know your Family. Jokes and Tricks done at the Table before,during and after the meal.

I would think about 10pm. Only because its the First night. :)

Wow, talk about late to the game. I just now found this thread. This will be my families first cruise. We're all super excited about it. We'd like to do the meetup with everyone that sounds like fun.

Stateroom: ( I don't recall I don't have the paper in front of me)
DIS Name: Havok
Names/Age(s): Matt(41), Kim(39), Kyle(9), Sarah(7)
Where From: St. Louis, MO
Dining - early

Hope to meet some of you great people on board!

Wow, talk about late to the game. I just now found this thread. This will be my families first cruise. We're all super excited about it. We'd like to do the meetup with everyone that sounds like fun.

Dining - early

Hi - welcome :wave2: I added your info to the 1st page - post #1

Dining - early

Better late than Never. Welcome.:)

I know that everyone from the Facebook board is meeting at 10:00 pm the first night at the Skyline Lounge.

Thanks for that info (for us non facebookers):)

Then let's just combine the meets! It doesn't really make sense to have two meets
about the same time and the time works too!

Why is there two different meetings being arranged anyway!
The meet should really be a complete Dis Cruise meet. The Dis board was the first meeting place and its confusing and not really fair that the Facebook are arranging seperate meets.

Im sorry and i may be wrong but I think the Dis should be the main arranging point for the meet. I'm not on the Facebook. :blush:

if the meets are combined and are indeed at skyline, ric and i will not be there. we have granddaughter to think of and this will be here first day in a strange place. not fond of leaving her in the kids' clubs as she is not used to being with strangers. have fun and we"ll catch up with you some other time!

It doesn't matter to me who organized the meet first and I don't know how many there are in the facebook group
but I honestly don't think that the skyline lounge can hold all of us. Also, being that it is a bar that would eliminate all the kids.
So to keep it family friendly we can keep our 10pm meet in the Atrium (Grand Lobby). I hope that works for everyone.

It doesn't really make sense to have two meets at the same time so maybe we should let the facebook group know about ours.

It doesn't matter to me who organized the meet first and I don't know how many there are in the facebook group
but I honestly don't think that the skyline lounge can hold all of us. Also, being that it is a bar that would eliminate all the kids.
So to keep it family friendly we can keep our 10pm meet in the Atrium (Grand Lobby). I hope that works for everyone.

It doesn't really make sense to have two meets at the same time so maybe we should let the facebook group know about ours.

I agree about the Atrium, I don't have the Facebook so hopefully someone will see that we are doing the Meet in the atrium and decide to join us rather than two Separate meets. :thumbsup2

I will go wherever everyone wants to go , but the atrium is always bz especially with characters for the kids and picture taking..I cannot make any suggestions I have not been on the Fantasy yet.

Hi Guys -

Just so you all are aware there are 59 people on the Facebook Group - For many of us it is much easier to chat there then come here and read over the boards. We post hundred's of comments a day on there so it would be a bit overwhelming here on the board. (Not just about the cruise - but about ourselves and our families) Please know - we have never wanted to leave anyone out - and have tried to keep posting the link for those that wanted to join!!! :goodvibes

We know that not everyone uses Facebook - but most of us do - Me? I have three Facebook accounts, one of business, one for my book and one for me personally, so I am always there - as are many of the other people in that group. It is just easier for many of us - Sorry if anyone is angry about this - We do not mean to hurt anyone's feeling!!! :crowded:

I have posted a comment on the board about moving our meeting to the Atrium - I'll let you all know what that group has decided to do soon. We made this decision over 2 weeks ago - I am sure we will work something out. :grouphug:

The time is getting so close now!! YEAH!!!!:cool1:

So glad you joined, better late than never!!

As for the cruise meets - we are up for anywhere - we love all our friends both here and in the facebook group. Everyone has same goal - PARTY AND HAVE FUN we will be on VACATION Whoo Hoo!!:cool1:

I have posted a comment on the board about moving our meeting to the Atrium - I'll let you all know what that group has decided to do soon. We made this decision over 2 weeks ago - I am sure we will work something out. :grouphug:

The time is getting so close now!! YEAH!!!!:cool1:

Thanks for being our liaison between the boards and the facebook group. I think that it will all work out too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter