• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oct 13, 2012 Fantasy who's going

Babyburrito,

I still do not have enough posts to PM, but i have sent you the $5 to your gmail acct.

Thank you again.

Doug:cool2:

Hi Trinibjill, I see Dodieauglus posted on the forum about the FE.
I received pm today so no need to post again. :)

Just looking for some feedback and suggestions regarding excursions. Traveling will be myself and 8 year old niece. She loves going to the beach...wants to do the dolphin thing but I think it's way too expensive. Typically on cruises, I don't book excursions and will just get off in port, go with one of the cab tours and play it by ear. Not sure about that this time as I've never been to Costa Maya or Grand Caymen before. So, I've been looking at DCL tours and have been considering the 7 mile island beach tour in Grand Cayman, Jungle Beach tour at Uvero Beach in Costa Maya, and Beach Break at Playa Mia Beach in Cozumel. For all 3, it would cost us about $250 total. Should I go ahead and book them or play it by ear like I usually do?

Just looking for some feedback and suggestions regarding excursions. Traveling will be myself and 8 year old niece. She loves going to the beach...wants to do the dolphin thing but I think it's way too expensive. Typically on cruises, I don't book excursions and will just get off in port, go with one of the cab tours and play it by ear. Not sure about that this time as I've never been to Costa Maya or Grand Caymen before. So, I've been looking at DCL tours and have been considering the 7 mile island beach tour in Grand Cayman, Jungle Beach tour at Uvero Beach in Costa Maya, and Beach Break at Playa Mia Beach in Cozumel. For all 3, it would cost us about $250 total. Should I go ahead and book them or play it by ear like I usually do?

It's really up to you. I've done an excursion in Costa Maya (dune buggy beach tour) and we're doing this one again. The other ports, we're just playing by ear. We're in Grand Cayman for such a short period of time, we'd originally planned on going to Captain Marvin's to do the Stingray City, but I don't know if we have the time for it now. If not, we'll probably just grab a cab to the turtle farm. Cozumel we're diving, so not doing a Disney tour, because DD is certified, but isn't 12 so can't dive with Disney.

Here's a dancing banana, because my son wanted it... :banana::banana::banana:

Just looking for some feedback and suggestions regarding excursions.
Regarding excursions, I recommend any of the ruins. Its fun and educational. The guides are usually informative, for me, its fun to learn about their culture.
I live near the beach so that is something I can always do, but its up to the individuals taste.

We'll be doing the Chacchoben Ruins as well as the San Gervasio. I've always wanted to visit them and this is the perfect opportunity. I was reading where a Western Caribbean turned to an Eastern due to a hurricane. Hope that doesn't happen to us.:sad2:Afterall October is still hurricane season.:goodvibes

We'll be doing the Chacchoben Ruins as well as the San Gervasio. I've always wanted to visit them and this is the perfect opportunity. I was reading where a Western Caribbean turned to an Eastern due to a hurricane. Hope that doesn't happen to us.:sad2:Afterall October is still hurricane season.:goodvibes
In 2004 our 7 day cruise turned into a 10 day cruise - was totally awesome.
The Ruins are very memorable.

In 2004 our 7 day cruise turned into a 10 day cruise - was totally awesome.
The Ruins are very memorable.
Wow...10 days...lucky you.:thumbsup2 I wouldn't mind that at all.:cool1:You posted a few pics of the ruins a ways back and I was sold. Thanks for that.:goodvibes

Question for everyone on the board. We're looking at booking a dive excursion in Cozumel. On another thread here, a dive shop called Deep Blue was recommended, so we're going to look into booking with them (can't go through Disney, DD is certified but isn't 12).

Is anyone else interested? They've got boats that are up to 8, and I think we could get a discount for larger parties... :cool1:

If your neice likes beaches have you thought about Tropicante in costa maya? We are doing this after reading excellent reports on it. All it costs is the price of a cab ride (a couple of $) and what ever food or drink you have whilst there. They have a website which tells all-looks great-anyone else doing this.

On GC we are doing captain marvins stingray city for $35pp.

Cozumel we are just getting off for a look around as we will be back there in feb.

Hi all, we booked this cruise last week and have been lurking on the board since. I managed to find this thread a few days ago and it took me 3 days to read it from page 1 to 85 (no wonder CC board is dead, everyone is here!).

Here is our info:

Stateroom: Booked guarantee - no cabin assignment yet
DIS Name: wanderluster25
Names/Age(s): Daryll (31), Leeia (30)
Where From: Vancouver, BC
Dining - late or early: Late Dining
Celebrating: None
FE: Yes, please.

This is our first DCL but 7th overall. We are very excited!!

Hi all, we booked this cruise last week and have been lurking on the board since. I managed to find this thread a few days ago and it took me 3 days to read it from page 1 to 85 (no wonder CC board is dead, everyone is here!).

Here is our info:

:cheer2: Welcome aboard - You have been added to the 1st page post #1 and post #3 Until we get more info on stateroom numbers for the GTY folks - it could be changed. For right now on post #3 you will be in the first group. :wave2: ::yes::

Here is our info:

Welcome aboard! I love Vancouver, it's so beautiful!

Babyburrito-i havent forgotton your whisky-just having trouble finding it. Tescos apparently are getting it in ready for christmas so i will keep checking for you.

If your neice likes beaches have you thought about Tropicante in costa maya? We are doing this after reading excellent reports on it. All it costs is the price of a cab ride (a couple of $) and what ever food or drink you have whilst there. They have a website which tells all-looks great-anyone else doing this.

On GC we are doing captain marvins stingray city for $35pp.

Cozumel we are just getting off for a look around as we will be back there in feb.

I think we are looking at the Tropicana as well! Trip Advisor highly recommended. Seems easy and nice beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter