Oct 13, 2012 Fantasy who's going

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm soaking up all the information I can right now![/QUOTE]

Cool - there are many sites that talk Disney Deb Wills "All Ears", Lou Mongello has a podcast and is on facebook and twitter, Ricky Brigante is "Inside The Magic" has a podcast and is always on facebook.

If you have any questions just ask I have been on 4 Disney cruises. I will find your answer for you. 1st time in WDW was 1975. And from 1999 just about every year after that.

Your info is now on the 1st page. Again, welcome aboard.

[QUOTE

Click on Deb Wills review of dining on the Fantasy sister ship the Dream :goodvibes

There are pics and good reviews to include Palo and Remy :surfweb:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a really good review. Thanks. I'm so excited. I wish it were this year instead of next!

I have a couple questions regarding Disney cruises.

1. Can you request a table for 2 in the dining rooms?

2. What are the demographics for an October cruise? We've only cruised during summer except once. Will a Disney cruise still be primarily families during October?

Seating Assignments and Requests:

You will most likely be sitting with other passengers at dinner. Private tables for your party can be requested but cannot be guaranteed, but part of the fun of cruising is meeting new people! So, don't be shy - you might just make new friends and meet interesting people.

Be sure to request your preferred seating time and table size when you make your cruise reservation. Disney Cruise Line will do their best to accommodate you. You can also ask to be waitlisted for the dining time you prefer. If for some reason you don't get what you requested, there is a time and place listed on your Personal Navigator on Embarkation Day where you can make dining changes once onboard.

That is a answer to one of the questions. I went to the top of this page and clicked on dining and the answer was there. There are many more pictures in that area on dining.

I will add that one year we had a group of 13 - we had all met right here on the boards - and originally we weren't seated together. We waited until we got to the dining area and requested that we sit together. They accommadated us.

Also, on the last cruise I wanted to change my dining time and they did that without any problem.

In regards to Oct cruising capacity - I have cruised in late August, late Nov, Christmas and February. People have been known to take their families out of school to do a cruise. In WDW in the earlier portion of Oct there arn't quite as many children as during holidays and summer; but, they still are there.

Cruising with children around on a Disney ship is pretty cool. They have so much for them to do. There are the clubs for kids and other clubs for teens. The adult pools definitely are for adults only. And of course there are many clubs for the adults. Disney - on a ship - takes good care of the kids of all ages. I really like that about them.

I hope that answers your question.

Seating Assignments and Requests:

You will most likely be sitting with other passengers at dinner. Private tables for your party can be requested but cannot be guaranteed, but part of the fun of cruising is meeting new people! So, don't be shy - you might just make new friends and meet interesting people.

Be sure to request your preferred seating time and table size when you make your cruise reservation. Disney Cruise Line will do their best to accommodate you. You can also ask to be waitlisted for the dining time you prefer. If for some reason you don't get what you requested, there is a time and place listed on your Personal Navigator on Embarkation Day where you can make dining changes once onboard.

That is a answer to one of the questions. I went to the top of this page and clicked on dining and the answer was there. There are many more pictures in that area on dining.

I will add that one year we had a group of 13 - we had all met right here on the boards - and originally we weren't seated together. We waited until we got to the dining area and requested that we sit together. They accommadated us.

Also, on the last cruise I wanted to change my dining time and they did that without any problem.

In regards to Oct cruising capacity - I have cruised in late August, late Nov, Christmas and February. People have been known to take their families out of school to do a cruise. In WDW in the earlier portion of Oct there arn't quite as many children as during holidays and summer; but, they still are there.

Cruising with children around on a Disney ship is pretty cool. They have so much for them to do. There are the clubs for kids and other clubs for teens. The adult pools definitely are for adults only. And of course there are many clubs for the adults. Disney - on a ship - takes good care of the kids of all ages. I really like that about them.

I hope that answers your question.

Yes, that pretty much answers my questions. I had read the dining information you posted. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with a table for 2.

I don't mind kids being on the cruise. I won't have any with me, but I look forward to seeing them dressed up as princesses and such. I was just wondering if that would still be the case during October. We took one cruise during Thanksgiving on Princess, and it was mainly older people (which we happen to get along really well with too), but there were definitely a lot of scooters to maneuver around. Just wondering so I'd know what to expect.

Thanks!

Yes, that pretty much answers my questions. I had read the dining information you posted. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with a table for 2.

I don't mind kids being on the cruise. I won't have any with me, but I look forward to seeing them dressed up as princesses and such. I was just wondering if that would still be the case during October. We took one cruise during Thanksgiving on Princess, and it was mainly older people (which we happen to get along really well with too), but there were definitely a lot of scooters to maneuver around. Just wondering so I'd know what to expect.

Thanks!

600-Animators-Palate.jpg

I found this picture from Animators Palate - take note there is a table with just two people at it.

About scooters - I'm sure there must be some I just don't recall there being a lot of them.

Don't forget we as adults get dressed up one night (if you want to) plus there's pirate night. Even as adults we girls are considered a princess.:bride:

Thanks!

Just popped in to say hello. We are October cruisers. It is usually not as crowded but there are still plenty of children. Not as many as in summer and school holidays but still plenty. Many are younger children and home school children or from other countries as their holidays vary.

Tables for 2 are not common. They do usually pair you up with a similar "family". So you would probably be paired up with another couple if they did seat you with someone. Because it is October, and if you have late dining, you would have a higher chance of being a table of 2. I would always ask....

Just popped in to say hello. We are October cruisers. It is usually not as crowded but there are still plenty of children. Not as many as in summer and school holidays but still plenty. Many are younger children and home school children or from other countries as their holidays vary.

Tables for 2 are not common. They do usually pair you up with a similar "family". So you would probably be paired up with another couple if they did seat you with someone. Because it is October, and if you have late dining, you would have a higher chance of being a table of 2. I would always ask....

Thanks Susan, I was hoping someone else would have good info. Do you recall seeing many scooters?

Thanks Susan, I was hoping someone else would have good info. Do you recall seeing many scooters?

I don't mind the scooters at all! I was just using that as an example of the two extremes we've seen cruising. We will have a good time no matter what. I just wondered if I'd be the youngest on board again (seriously, that's what it felt like, but I like that too) or if it'd be like my summer cruises with families (since it's Disney).

I don't mind the scooters at all! I was just using that as an example of the two extremes we've seen cruising. We will have a good time no matter what. I just wondered if I'd be the youngest on board again (seriously, that's what it felt like, but I like that too) or if it'd be like my summer cruises with families (since it's Disney).

We had a lot of young mothers (children not school age yet) as well as young adults. I watched them jogging around the deck while I sat with my book and chocolate croisant :rotfl2:. The teens club (Magic) was not too full but still had 50 teens on the list. My younger son was preteen and had a ton of instant friends. It is not only one of the cheapest times to cruise Disney, but many back it up or begin with MNSSHP. My son's college is off a week in October for Fall Break so that makes it easier for him.

I think you will be ok as far as not feeling out of place. Besides, at worst, you might just be called "young lady" a lot. :cheer2::cheer2: And that's worth cheering about!

We had a lot of young mothers (children not school age yet) as well as young adults. I watched them jogging around the deck while I sat with my book and chocolate croisant :rotfl2:. The teens club (Magic) was not too full but still had 50 teens on the list. My younger son was preteen and had a ton of instant friends. It is not only one of the cheapest times to cruise Disney, but many back it up or begin with MNSSHP. My son's college is off a week in October for Fall Break so that makes it easier for him.

I think you will be ok as far as not feeling out of place. Besides, at worst, you might just be called "young lady" a lot. :cheer2::cheer2: And that's worth cheering about!

I don't mind being "young lady" at all (especially as I'm getting way too close to 40)! On our Princess cruise, everyone asked if it was our honeymoon, so we were the babies on that one.

What is MNSSHP?

I don't mind being "young lady" at all (especially as I'm getting way too close to 40)! On our Princess cruise, everyone asked if it was our honeymoon, so we were the babies on that one.

What is MNSSHP?

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a Halloween-themed special event held on select dates in Magic Kingdom theme park. Purchase of an additional event admission ticket is required to attend Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

The event is held on select nights September - November 2011.

During Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Guests of all ages are encouraged to dress up in their favorite Halloween costumes. Even better, you can collect delicious candy as you trick-or-treat around Magic Kingdom theme park.

In addition to many favorite Disney attractions, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is filled with special entertainment, including:

Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade—including Disney Characters and the stars of the Haunted Mansion attraction. The parade begins with a spook-tacular ride by the Headless Horseman.
Happy HalloWishes—a spectacular fireworks show where the Disney Villains go trick-or-treating in the sky.
Many favorite Disney Characters and Disney Villains in special Halloween costumes.
Special lighting, music and theming effects transforms special areas of Magic Kingdom theme park into happy haunted hollows.
The tone of the event is, well, "Not-So-Scary", and is appropriate for children of all ages.

On my cruise in 2004, because of the hurricane, the Magic and the Wonder were both docked next to each other. There was a battle of the horns, I loved it. However, they both had the same song.

Now the Dream has several songs. On January 28th the Dream and the Magic were both at Castaway Cay and a battle of the horns ensued. The video is 5min 28sec long. It is cool as all get out.

The sound the ships horn brings makes me laugh and cry each time I hear them. Remember this - only Disney has ship horns that play tunes AND only Disney has fireworks from their ships. On Pirates night they have the fireworks and if you look out in the distance there will be other cruise lines (jealously) watching our fireworks. :wizard::worship:

Clink on the link below to the hear and see the horn battle. You will love it.:love::yay:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPpkUJ0C_s

Donald is still one of my favorite pics hangin out of the stack on deck.

Disney_Dream_Cruise_Ship_030.jpg

just stopping by to say hi to prove i actually visit often, but don't post much! really appreciate everyone's info on this thread, since this will be our first disney cruise. working on my fish extender and magnets for our door to channel some of my excitement. there are some great threads for that kind of information, now that i'm getting used to finding my way around the boards. looking foward to the day when we're actually under a year till our sailing!!! is everyone else as excited as i am?!?!?!!?

just stopping by to say hi to prove i actually visit often, but don't post much! really appreciate everyone's info on this thread, since this will be our first disney cruise. working on my fish extender and magnets for our door to channel some of my excitement. there are some great threads for that kind of information, now that i'm getting used to finding my way around the boards. looking foward to the day when we're actually under a year till our sailing!!! is everyone else as excited as i am?!?!?!!?

Just this morning before getting up and checking my e-mails - I was wishing someone would post. Walt Disney did say a few things about dreams coming true, didn't he?

Wow, working on your fish extender already, that's awesome :). There are some people that go all out with decorating their door. I really enjoy seeing that.

I've never planned this far out, but most of the ones I've planned have been more than a year out. I know I'm very excited about it :woohoo:

Planning on going to see Harry Potter tomorrow. Had to watch all the old ones to get in the right mindset. Then Thursday I want to go see the Electrical Light Parade at Magic Kingdom. Right now Perry Mason is on. In case you don't remember it is an old Raymond Burr mystery show. Found a couple of stations down here that run shows from the 70's and 80's. Plus tonight is NCIS. I love retirement.

Have a magical day :wizard:

Hi everyone! I just received my DCL confirmation info in the mail. That got me back in cruise mode! Boy this thread is busy. I have been away and it took me a long time to read all of the posts that I had missed.

I love all of the new pictures of the Fantasy it looks like it is going to be the best ship of them all! I can't wait to sail!

Thanks for posting the horn battle that was awesome! I actually got teary eyed watching it. Disney is my happy place. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter