• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ocotober BCV waitlist came through

wink13

Just a bit Goofy
The title says it all. I thought the chances of getting my waitlist for a BCV studio for mid October was slim to none but checked this morning and the waitlist had come through! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We had BWV so hopefully someone else will have their waitlist filled there.

F&W festival and stormalong bay here we come. :cool1:

Why were you surprised? I am considering the DVC and have read up a lot. Twice now I have seen posts about surprised a spot was available during the month of October.... Looking at the points chart this is a slow season, does DVC bookings follow a different vacation pattern than the normal disney crowd? Or is it just proximity to EPCOT for food and wine festival that makes BCV a hotter commodity than usual?

Why were you surprised? I am considering the DVC and have read up a lot. Twice now I have seen posts about surprised a spot was available during the month of October.... Looking at the points chart this is a slow season, does DVC bookings follow a different vacation pattern than the normal disney crowd? Or is it just proximity to EPCOT for food and wine festival that makes BCV a hotter commodity than usual?

This...end of Sept through early Nov is tough to get at Epcot resorts due to F&W...then Nov through New Years is tough all around due to Xmas decor and cheaper point costs...best week from end of Sept through New Years is the week before Thanksgiving (maybe the week before Xmas too).

This...end of Sept through early Nov is tough to get at Epcot resorts due to F&W...then Nov through New Years is tough all around due to Xmas decor and cheaper point costs...best week from end of Sept through New Years is the week before Thanksgiving (maybe the week before Xmas too).

This makes sense to me. Having been to food and wine before, I can see the appeal!

This makes sense to me. Having been to food and wine before, I can see the appeal!

That's why we recently added 80 BWV points...F&W sans kiddos :cloud9: (but DH waited too long to tell me to book for this year and we could only get SSR and then stalked until VWL opened up for our dates).

Congrats!

When points are cheap, it's busy. Dvc and Disney in General have very different busy times.

That's why we recently added 80 BWV points...F&W sans kiddos :cloud9: (but DH waited too long to tell me to book for this year and we could only get SSR and then stalked until VWL opened up for our dates).

I take it, the 80 point contract was a small contract purchased to give you the extra 4 month window to book?

The only drawback being closing costs?

I take it, the 80 point contract was a small contract purchased to give you the extra 4 month window to book?

The only drawback being closing costs?

I bought direct (went on June and Aug UY wait lists for 55 points in March) and closing costs were cheaper than resale...and if you add on 50+ points direct you get $7pp off...so we paid $123pp for initial 55 points (June UY) and $130 in closing and got 2013 points and forward. Then, guide called (2 weeks ago) to tell us they accidentally left us on Aug UY wait list and those points were also available to us and we couldn't resist grabbing 25 more (paid the full $130 for those and $100 in closing...kinda stupid but didn't have the cash to do more than 55 at the time we went on wait list and we plan to add even more down the line (25-45 more) when we have the cash to pay right up front. Plus we like the small contracts as they will be easier to resell or downsize as needed or gift to our kids in the future).

ETA: we bought BWV for 11 month booking priority (for F&W mainly) and also to get cheaper point cost standard view rooms.

I bought direct (went on June and Aug UY wait lists for 55 points) and closing costs were cheaper than resale...and if you add on 50+ points direct you get $7pp off...so we paid $123pp for initial 55 points (June UY) and $130 in closing and got 2013 points and forward. Then, guide called to tell us they accidentally left us on Aug UY wait list and those points were also available to us and we couldn't resist grabbing 25 more (paid the full $130 for those and $100 in closing...kinda stupid but didn't have the cash to do more than 55 at the time we went on wait list and we plan to add even more down the line...when we have the cash to pay right up front. Plus we like the small contracts as they will be easier to resell or downsize as needed or gift to our kids in the future).
Yeah smaller contracts seem to be easier to sell in the end. That makes sense!

The title says it all. I thought the chances of getting my waitlist for a BCV studio for mid October was slim to none but checked this morning and the waitlist had come through! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We had BWV so hopefully someone else will have their waitlist filled there.

F&W festival and stormalong bay here we come. :cool1:

please be me, please be me, please be me....:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter