• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oceaneers Club for a 2 year-old JUST shy of 3rd birthday?

cosmocat

Earning My Ears
My daughter's 3rd birthday will be on Dec. 8th. We are going on the Wonder cruise on 10/5/03. Does anyone have experience with the couselors taking children just shy of the 3 year-old cut-off? I called DCL, and they said it would be up to the couselors in the Club to take/not take her. She has a 3 year old sister, who is almost 4, and the (almost 3 year-old) is really at the same level as her older sister, and is very independent.

Our daughter was almost three when we first cruised. The time table was almost identical to yours and we had her 4 year old sister in the club. She was potty trained and very independent also. They would NOT let her in! It didn't reallly matter a lot to us because we also had our 18mo. old with us so we weren't getting any adult time anyway (except Palo and the spa). Just don't get your hopes up. So you know, we had the BEST time! Spent almost all our time at the Mickey pool and our almost 3 year old talked about the big boat for months.

I also was wondering about the Oceaneer Club taking a child under 3. My dd will be 3 on October 12 and we are cruising September 28. My oldest dd will be 5, and I know my 2 year old will want to go with her, so I started getting concerned. I read on this board (I can't remember where) that they will take the child if they are within a month of their birthday. I really hope this is the case or I will have an unhappy little girl! If they don't take her that will be fine too, but I really want a few hours of alone time with dh while on the cruise.

Keep in mind to even be considered the child must be FULLY potty trained and able to handle all bathroom responsibilities WITHOUT assistance. The counselors are not able to help with pulling up pants, etc. Pull-ups are not allowed in the club.

If the child is less than a month away from turning three and meets all the criteria then you can certainly ask. Much will depend on the number of kids on the ship; if they are full in the 3-4 group then there is nothing that you can do to get the nearly 3-year-old in.

Good luck! :)

I know somewhere in the DCL info it does state that you can have a child go into the next age group if they are within one month of their next birthday so as long as all the other requirments are meet (ex: Potty trained) you should not have a problem. I had looked into this at one point and Disney did confirm this.

Thanks Pickles & Michelle :) Thankfully, dd has been completely potty trained for about 4 months now, so hopefully she can go with her big sis!

We were on the May 3rd Magic when my daughter was 2, she will turn 3 on July 22 so she was almost 3 months shy of her 3rd birthday. They allowed her into the OCEANEER'S CLUB on a trial basis after checking with the club's manager. She was completely potty trained and she had no problems at all. I only left her there a couple of times with her 4 year old brother and she did fine each time.
I would definitely talk to the manager and ask if your child can be admitted, at least on a trial basis.
Good luck and don't worry if she isn't allowed to go to the club. You will have a great time making memories with your kids!!!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter