Oceaneer Lab or Edge?

sdeal

Earning My Ears
We will be sailing on the Dream in May and DS will be 11 and DD will be 9 (turns 10 two days after cruise). I think I understand correctly that DS can choose to go to Lab but once he selects, he cannot go to Edge. He is very active and I feel as if he would enjoy the lab more than Edge. I don't want him to feel out of place if there aren't other kids his age. Anybody have any thoughts?

With 4000 guests on the ship, I can't imagine there being only one 11 year old boy.

How are you deciding that he would enjoy the Lab more than the Edge? I'm not being critical, just curious as to what you believe about the two programs. My suggestion is to always try the age appropriate program first; if that doesn't work for whatever reason, then you have a reason to request a change.

The biggest issue is that if he isn't able to sign himself out, he cannot participate in the Edge.

The kids in the Edge are all over the ship--sports deck, arcade, video scavenger hut, etc. as well as in the designated "Edge" space. They have plenty of active events.

If they are out and about a lot then he probably would enjoy the Edge more...when you look at the description of the Edge, it reads as if it is more of a space for the kids to hang out and play electronics...that is not as appealing to my son ( or me) as active play. I definitely plan to let him check himself out no matter what space he chooses...and it will be his choice,,,I just want to make sure I know enough about it to tell him!

When do they pick ? Can they still go to an open house with us at the Lab if they pick the Edge ?

When do they pick ? Can they still go to an open house with us at the Lab if they pick the Edge ?
From what I have read, they select a club when you register them and they cannot change. They have been several comments that indicate they ca participate in the open house activities of any club as long as an adult is with them...I think I have that right!

This has all changed since we went on the Wonder in 2008..,my younger daughter was allowed to participate in different club activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter