Oceaneer Club Question

starbound25

Mouseketeer
Hi there

I'm always a little confused by the oceaneer club!
So my DD's are 10,9,&6
We are on a 3 day cruise on the Dream beginning of Sept. I know they wont want to do the club all day long (they are pretty attached kids)
But on the Nassau day we were planning on staying on the boat not doing excursions so I was thinking they'd like to do the Oceaneer Club or the Oceaneer lab

My question is what is the difference between the Club and the Lab?
Can I sign them in for just a few hours and pick them up?
Do they have to be in there all day?

Can they all be together at their ages? (10,9,6) or will they be separated?

Thank you!!!!

My daughter is 4 so she did the Club, your ten year old is right on the cusp but I think the Lab is for 11 and over; they can stay as short or long as they like. You can come back for them when you feel like it or the staff will text/call u if the kids ask to be picked up. My daughter was more of a pop in, never stayed more than an hour. I didn't really care for it; kind of hectic and not as structured as the information makes it seem; even when they have specific activities going on, there still seemed to be a fair number of kids just wandering/running around. I didn't like the age span and there were so many counselors in there.

Hmmmm. Watching this.

I thought Edge was for 11 - 14 but that you could stay in Club/Lab until 12.

I thought Club/ Lab were rather connected and for ages 3 - 12.

I hope I'm right. My kids (in that age) will be 3, 8, 9 and I'd like the older ones to be able to check up on 3 (almost 4) year old.

They can all be together, or if they choose they can go separate places. My 4 yo who is severely mommy attached LOVED the club yet my 8 yo who is usually independent not as much but still went occasionally and there were times when we picked them up they were in separated clubs and others when they were in the same place. Club is geared toward younger children and lab toward older but any of the kids can do any of the activities :)

Hmmmm. Watching this.

I thought Edge was for 11 - 14 but that you could stay in Club/Lab until 12.

I thought Club/ Lab were rather connected and for ages 3 - 12.

I hope I'm right. My kids (in that age) will be 3, 8, 9 and I'd like the older ones to be able to check up on 3 (almost 4) year old.

You are correct that the Club/Lab are connected on the Dream/Fantasy, I don't know about the classic ships.

All of the children were going back and forth between the Club/Lab during our cruise. Usually though, a certain activity was going on in one or they were having open house.

The Club and Lab are for ages 3-12. The Edge starts at 11, so 11 and 12 year olds can go between the two.

The Club's activities are aimed at 3-7 (must be potty-trained), the Lab at 8-12. That said, any child between 3-12 can go between the Club and Lab. In some ships they are physically attached, in some they are not. Kids will need to be walked from one to the other by a CM unless they have sign in/out privileges, which is totally up to you, Mom.

I called to verify all this info because my kids are 4, 9, and 11 and I wanted to be sure my youngest could be with her bro and sis if she wanted. However, I do not see my older kids enjoying the Club activities, and vice versa. They are all pretty outgoing and independent, so I see my youngest in the Club, middle in the Lab, and oldest in the Edge... Though I am hoping he will bond with this sisters a bit in the Club/Lab.

Hope this helps!

The club/lab on the two newer ships are connected and kids can freely move back and forth. "older" activities are normally held in the lab and "younger" on the club side but usually no age restrictions on who can participate so long as they are within the age group to be in those clubs (3-11). Fairly certain that an 11 or 12 year old that wants to be in the lab has to choose between the two - they can not do both the lab and edge throughout the whole cruise. Whatever they decide upon going to the open houses is what they have to stick with. This is how it was explained to my daughter on our past cruises

The club/lab on the two newer ships are connected and kids can freely move back and forth. "older" activities are normally held in the lab and "younger" on the club side but usually no age restrictions on who can participate so long as they are within the age group to be in those clubs (3-11). Fairly certain that an 11 or 12 year old that wants to be in the lab has to choose between the two - they can not do both the lab and edge throughout the whole cruise. Whatever they decide upon going to the open houses is what they have to stick with. This is how it was explained to my daughter on our past cruises

It's been reported that for those kids in the "cross-over" ages, DCL is allowing back and forth access, AS LONG AS BOTH CLUBS ARE NOT AT CAPACITY. If the club/edge/vibe is at capacity on that particular cruise, the child must pick one or the other. In that case, they will allow a trial in one club and a switch, usually. But, once the switch is made, that's it.

We were on the dream in March with a 3, 5,6,and 8 year old. We registered all the kids online. The first day went durning open house to check it out. All the kids loved it! Even the mommy attached 3 year old. As others have said the kids can move between the two freely. Our kids went for short periods of time and we also when there was an activity they wanted to go for. Enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter