Oceaneer Club and Lab

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
I was looking at some Personal Navigators online and the schedules for the kids clubs, I have a few questions. First, what is the difference between Oceaneer Club and Lab? My kids are 4 and 8, were will they go? I also noticed that most of the days the Club was open till midnight and the Lab until 1am, why is that and do you have the option on which one your child is in? I also wondered if there is any opportunity to get pictures of your kids in the club? I would love to be able to save some of those memories for them too.

I was looking at some Personal Navigators online and the schedules for the kids clubs, I have a few questions. First, what is the difference between Oceaneer Club and Lab? My kids are 4 and 8, were will they go? I also noticed that most of the days the Club was open till midnight and the Lab until 1am, why is that and do you have the option on which one your child is in? I also wondered if there is any opportunity to get pictures of your kids in the club? I would love to be able to save some of those memories for them too.

Oceaneers Club/Lab is for ages 3-12. They are roughly divided into the Club area (activities geared toward the 3-7 group) and the Lab area (activities gear toward the 8-12 group). That being said, any child in the Club/Lab can participate in whatever activites appeal to them. They can cross over between the areas.

AFAIK, you can't take pictures of your kids in the club, unless you are there participating in the Open House times with them.

I would think that late at night they might just close off one area because there aren't as many kids there and just use the other side.

:cutie:

Oceaneers Club/Lab is for ages 3-12. They are roughly divided into the Club area (activities geared toward the 3-7 group) and the Lab area (activities gear toward the 8-12 group). That being said, any child in the Club/Lab can participate in whatever activites appeal to them. They can cross over between the areas.

AFAIK, you can't take pictures of your kids in the club, unless you are there participating in the Open House times with them.

I would think that late at night they might just close off one area because there aren't as many kids there and just use the other side.

Thanks, you always have a good answer! Do they have open house times everyday?

PrincessShmoo said:
Yes, the kids clubs are open during port days, and I think they move them to somewhere on CC that's set up for the kids.

There is a designated place on CC (called Scuttle's Cove) for kids. It's open the whole time the island is open. They have a splash pad and sand, and they play games. They will also take them to lunch at about noon. They all go over to Cookies and eat together. My kids LOVE it.

You don't need the electronic tag of their Mickey bands, they will print just a band for you. That way if you're worried about losing the electronic part, you can rest easy. Also, in October they were asking parents without a wave phone to check in on their kids every 45 minutes. So bring the wave phone if you're planning on going to Serenity Bay!

We were on the Dec 8th sailing of the fantasy. Our daughters are 9 and 11. They had a great time. My 9 year old spent most of her time in the lab but would go to the club if there was a magician on or some arranged games like veggie racing. Our 11 year old even spent time there. She would go to the edge as well. They have so much for the kids to do we found it hard to get alot of the kids club stuff done. Baking, volcano making and crafts, they were never bored.
It seemed almost every day there was an open house time. You can be there when its on but they will announce when it's ending an you'll have to leave. They then start supervised activities again once everyone is out. My 9 year old said there were lots of children of every age in both clubs.pixiedust:

Thanks, you always have a good answer! Do they have open house times everyday?

Typically, Open House is 1 or 2 hours once or twice a day in either the Club area or the Lab area (the alternate side will be Secured Programming during Open House).

This can vary, depending on who/what groups may be sailing on a particular cruise. I know on a recent Magic cruise Autisum at Sea was onboard and so they had more Open House hours.

Do kids going to the Oceaneer Club need to be fully potty trained? I have three year old twins that are trained for the most part, but still wear a Pull-Up for occasional accidents.

According to DCL, kids must be potty trained to be left in the clubs. The CMs are not allowed to assist the children with toilet issues.

There are some reports that if the club isn't busy, they'll allow a child who is not fully potty trained to be left there, as long as the parents can be paged if they need to be changed.

WeAreKopin said:
Do kids going to the Oceaneer Club need to be fully potty trained? I have three year old twins that are trained for the most part, but still wear a Pull-Up for occasional accidents.

No pull-ups are allowed in the clubs unless it's very late at night and the child in question might fall asleep on one of the mats. Total independence in the bathroom is required because the CMs are not allowed to be with the children in there. When and why exceptions are made to the potty trained rule in secure programming is highly unreliable. DD was technically two when we sailed (turned three on the ship) but after being observed by a manager and described as bathroom-independent she was given a Mickey band. We made sure she was always wearing clothes that were easy to deal with (elastic waist, no buttons or snaps).

I need to follow up with disney. My son has a medical issue and isn't fully trained because of it. I have friends who have been on those sailings that they were paged to change their just 3 yr old. My son will be 4 on our sailing and don't anticipate him being completely trained by then. Heck, not even sure if he will be by Kindergarden. Need to teach him how to run when he gets the sensation. But I am planning on bringing a note from his MD, as well. But seriously would you want my crazy wild 4 yr odl in the nursery w/your infant because he's not potty trained due to medical issue. Like I said no problem being paged to change him at all! Of course when I was on the dream last may, I asked all aobut his food issues and epipen, thinking he'd be trained by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter