• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oceaneer Club and Flounders Nursery

scarlett24

Dreamin' of Disney
We have 3 kids ages, 8, 5 and 2 1/2 at time of sailing. We will need to put the kiddos in the club for our brunch at Palo. I guess the 2 1/2 year old will have to go to Flounders while the older 2 go to the Oceaneer Club? I wish they could go together, but it does not seem there is any place to accommodate all three kids at varying ages. Anybody ever experience this. The kids will usually always be with us, except for this one time. Also, if the older kids want to go to the Oceaneer Club, can we bring the 2 1/2 year old if we stay with her? Let me know what you think, thanks.

Yes, you can take the 2.5 yr old in the kids clubs if you stay with her.... And yes, they will have to be split up while you are at Palo's.... UNLESS the 2.5 yr old is potty trained? If toliet trained they sometimes make exceptions and let the younger child join the kids club.... But must be fully toliet trained, and even then it is not a guarantee....

As above, you can stay with the 2 1/2 year old in the OC. In addition, there is activity time listed as "Family time in the Club" and "Family time in the Lab" specifically intended for your older kids to show off their special spaces to their older and younger sibs and parents.

DCL has tried to set up spaced to be appropriate to each age group in terms of size, developmental abilities, etc. They are flexible where they can be, but the OC is not set up for kids in diapers. Those kids either need to be with parents while in the OC or in Flounder's Nursery for babysitting.

I had the same concerns before we cruised on the Magic. I have a 5yo son and 2yo daughter and they are extremely close. I dreaded having to separate them at the clubs. It ended up going just fine, in fact better than fine. My 2 and a half year old loved Flounder's and asked to go back often. She especially loved the staff. My 5 year old son couldn't get enough of the Oceaneer's Club either. We spent most of our time together as a family, but it was such a relief to see that not only could they handle being split for their clubs but they loved the time they spent there. We ended up doing both brunch and dinner at Palo :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter