• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ocean View?

MandM22

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip to Aulani and are thinking of splurging and getting an Ocean View with DVC Points. My question is the Category “Ocean View”. Does this also include views to the outside towards the Luau or the other side towards the 4 Seasons? If we go for the higher points for Ocean View we really want just the inner pool facing Ocean View. Just trying to make sure if we splurge we get the view on the inner.

When I googled "aulani views", I found an image that led me to a site called My DVC Points that explains the various views at Aulani, but I am not sure of how it works when booking on DVC vs booking as a hotel guest, but assuming you're looking at a Studio and up, this seems to explain the views fairly well. I will note that I recently saw some pics of someone's view from a 6th floor ocean view facing toward the pool and it looked a lot like a view of palm trees :/ - I feel like the 6th floor rooms might be better categorized as poolside garden views...

Planning a trip to Aulani and are thinking of splurging and getting an Ocean View with DVC Points. My question is the Category “Ocean View”. Does this also include views to the outside towards the Luau or the other side towards the 4 Seasons? If we go for the higher points for Ocean View we really want just the inner pool facing Ocean View. Just trying to make sure if we splurge we get the view on the inner.
Island view gets a view of the Luau and an ocean view.

If you book ocean view you can request to be overlooking the pool.

Do most people call the resort directly for room requests or do you call MS like we do for WDW? I'm still struggling to understand the tower / building layouts and which one to request for a prime OV on the pool side....

Do most people call the resort directly for room requests or do you call MS like we do for WDW? I'm still struggling to understand the tower / building layouts and which one to request for a prime OV on the pool side....

I think if you are DVC you would make your request through Member Services.

Re: tower/building layouts - I tried to link the site but it wouldn't work, but as I mentioned above, if you google "aulani views" and look for the site called My DVC Points, there is a good explanation and visuals of the towers/views from each one.

I think if you are DVC you would make your request through Member Services.

Re: tower/building layouts - I tried to link the site but it wouldn't work, but as I mentioned above, if you google "aulani views" and look for the site called My DVC Points, there is a good explanation and visuals of the towers/views from each one.
I can't remember how I did our request the last time we went but we didn't get it. We had an IV booked last time and although I had requested something like what JC1984 had we got a true IV with no glimpse of the ocean and a view also overlooking the parking garage directly below. (One reason we didn't book the same view this time.)

I can't remember how I did our request the last time we went but we didn't get it. We had an IV booked last time and although I had requested something like what JC1984 had we got a true IV with no glimpse of the ocean and a view also overlooking the parking garage directly below. (One reason we didn't book the same view this time.)

Fair point. We booked an Island Gardens view (largely b/c that was what was available and frankly the point value was great, and the DVC member that we are renting points from was so incredibly amazing at helping us to secure the room) We made a request hoping to get something overlooking the luau with partial ocean view, but understand we may get the mountainside view instead.

but definitely, take a look at that site I suggested- it even has specific room numbers you could request, e.g. "room ending in ___"

I’m having the hardest time finding partial ocean views online. Found a handful but I would love any images y’all might have to share. Our big thing is my husband has said he doesn’t want a view that just stares at the Four Seasons and I’m afraid that is what we will get.

I’m having the hardest time finding partial ocean views online. Found a handful but I would love any images y’all might have to share. Our big thing is my husband has said he doesn’t want a view that just stares at the Four Seasons and I’m afraid that is what we will get.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe that "partial ocean view" is only available as a hotel room, not as a DVC villa... and as such I think most of the hotel rooms are in the Waianae tower. From the picture I found onthat site mentioned in my posts above, it looks like the hotel rooms are mostly in the Waianae short wing - and would either face toward the Four Seasons (partial ocean) or inward toward the pool/ocean, but I am not sure if the inward/pool/ocean facing rooms on the lower floors are marketed as partial ocean or poolside.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe that "partial ocean view" is only available as a hotel room, not as a DVC villa... and as such I think most of the hotel rooms are in the Waianae tower. From the picture I found onthat site mentioned in my posts above, it looks like the hotel rooms are mostly in the Waianae short wing - and would either face toward the Four Seasons (partial ocean) or inward toward the pool/ocean, but I am not sure if the inward/pool/ocean facing rooms on the lower floors are marketed as partial ocean or poolside.
Ok that’s what I was hoping to verify. I’m going to ask for a pool facing partial ocean and hope that it works. We’d rather face the pool than the Four Seasons.

Ok that’s what I was hoping to verify. I’m going to ask for a pool facing partial ocean and hope that it works. We’d rather face the pool than the Four Seasons.

It’s certainly worth a try but I worry it’s not possible. I feel it’s more likely that the low inward pool facing rooms are sold as poolside gardens and the Four Seasons side is sold as partial ocean view. I’m not sure if this is true but I think for hotel rooms they are allowed to sell rooms as partial ocean view even if to see the ocean you have to crane your neck.

It’s certainly worth a try but I worry it’s not possible. I feel it’s more likely that the low inward pool facing rooms are sold as poolside gardens and the Four Seasons side is sold as partial ocean view. I’m not sure if this is true but I think for hotel rooms they are allowed to sell rooms as partial ocean view even if to see the ocean you have to crane your neck.
This is a bummer. I was all set to just go with the island garden view and the customer service rep upsold me the partial ocean view. I kind of feel like island view was a safer bet and of course cheaper. Poolside garden was not even an option offered.

This is a bummer. I was all set to just go with the island garden view and the customer service rep upsold me the partial ocean view. I kind of feel like island view was a safer bet and of course cheaper. Poolside garden was not even an option offered.

There’s really not the collection of info on the cash hotel rooms the way there is with the DVC villas :/

Is booking a DVC studio an option? Renting points?

There’s really not the collection of info on the cash hotel rooms the way there is with the DVC villas :/

Is booking a DVC studio an option? Renting points?
There were no studios available when we booked. Missed it by a few days. They were running a sale and the studios went fast.

We go to aulani yearly. A dvc one bedroom ocean view. We always ask for eva building, 9th and above and the ‘50’ series of room numbers. We have never been disappointed. We look out over the pool and lazy river, we can see the ocean and the 50 series are in the part of the building with the larger balconies. I don’t know if there are studios although they do have two bedroom lock offs which would make the second bedroom a studio. Also if you want a two bedroom always ask for the two bedroom dedicated not a lock off. You always get a third bathroom off the kitchen which is a half bath.

The lady that checked me in said that they try to put DVC members in the villas overlooking the pools. Our villa overlooked the pools and also had a pretty decent view of the Ocean. It was an awesome view.

Ocean views include both inward and outward facing rooms on both sides. If you request an in-facing room then I think there is a good chance you'll get it.

Been twice - both with ocean views. One sucked and one rocked. Pretty much if you can see the ocean, it is an ocean view. The lower floored rooms have the less desirable ocean views. Everyone puts in requests now and times when they are full, they can’t move you. Six floor and above is ocean view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter