Ocean view vs verandah - first cruise

No one has mentioned my problem with verandas....there is always someone smoking on one somewhere. I've never cruised on any ship/line that it didn't happen, regardless of whether it is allowed or not.

I have always done Veranda. Even on our 3 days. So I have no experience with an ocean view.

That said, on the 3 day, I barely used it. Not sure if it was worth the cost. On a 7 day, it's definitely worth it. The thing for me is when there is a sea day and if I don't have kids with me, sitting out on my veranda can be more peaceful than fighting the upper deck crowds. Not all the time as the upper decks can be nice too. But it can get crowded and the Veranda is a nice quiet place.

I did use it on the 3 day some... I liked to go out and watch us dock if it was on our side of the ship.

Cost not being a factor, I vote Veranda. However for a 3 day, it's a limited opinion.

Now rethinking and wandering if I should switch us to a room with a verandah on the starboard side.

I absolutely am in love with having a verandah. I can't imagine cruising without one. I love sitting out there at night before we go to bed, or watching a sunrise in the morning. I love when we pull into port, that I can sit out there and watch all the boats and the people, and get some fresh air. I'd pay the premium every single time to have the verandah over the porthole oceanview.

We have a verandah and we use it (3 rooms side by side, extended family meets and hangs out there). If you think you want a lot of private time for the two of you, get a verandah. If you are more focused on enjoying the ship, get oceanview.

Our first cruise was a four night cruise also and we spent very little time in the stateroom because we were too busy exploring the ship and joining in on various activities. The more cruises we take the more time we spend in the stateroom using our veranda. I am an early riser so I grab a cup or two of coffee and the Navigator and sit out there waiting for the rest of the family to wake up. Both wife and I enjoy sitting out of the veranda reading vs using one of the lounge chairs out on the deck, always an available chair. Again I use it while the wife is getting ready for an event like Palo or Remy reservations or when leaving a port. And again at the end of the day just before calling it a night.

Totally a personal preference thing. We wouldn't sail without the verandah. I wake up early and enjoy grabbing my kindle, sitting on the verandah and watching us pull into port. When DS was little, he would nap during the day and I would sit on the verandah. For us, it is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter