observations re orange county rental car rates

CalGal

<font color=blue>Just tinkering around<br><font co
I've been watching the rental car rates from SNA (John Wayne Airport) and came across some interesting fluctuation in rates.

For my brief Sun-Tues stay, rentals seemed to run $55/day + tax and up for most common name companies. I thought that was awfully high since I've gotten much less in the past.

This Tuesday, the rates suddenely dropped to $35/day + tax (compact; slightly higher for larger cars) for the period I was looking at. Then yesterday, the rates dropped to $15/day (<$20/day with all the taxes for an midsize)! Both Enterprise and Thrifty offered that rate. I jumped at it, and it's a good thing because today, the rates were back to $55/day plus tax -- a 3 fold increase in one day.

Moral -- watch the rates if you are considering renting a car. They may changed dramatically daily. It was cheaper for me to rent a car than to take a bas or shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter