• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Observations from my DL Trip 8/9 through 8/16...hotel, attractions, food, cast members and more!

I also wanted to state how important it was for me to have Genie +. It added a lot of flexibility for me and I was able to use it carefully and wisely. I always bought a LL for Mickey's Railway and for Radiator Springs. I also noticed that the posted wait time were usually not as long as they were supposed to be. Found that Matterhorn moved faster always. Also ride Indiana as early in the day as possible, Indiana always seems to be go down.

Great report joseph, it was our first visit last month and we are already planning another for early next August. Thank you for sharing your experiences and ourselves also being from the east coast makes your report just that more enjoyable.

Great report joseph, it was our first visit last month and we are already planning another for early next August. Thank you for sharing your experiences and ourselves also being from the east coast makes your report just that more enjoyable.
Thank you Disney Ron! August is a good month to visit!! I will be there next August too!

I heard that Disneyland gets 100% of their entire years worth of Hurricanes/Tropical Storms during August. :)
LOL Not a seasonal occurrence. Yes once every 84 years or so...next summer will be ok. I did get the monsoon flow humidity and a small shower from Tropical Storm Eugume...the weather for my trip was awesome warm not too hot.....No hurricane for me!!

Hey Joseph821. What a great trip report! In the past we have avoided the BB due to many negative reviews but as of late I am hearing more and more positive things. I think it is time we make a ressie for our next trip!

It was a great read and glad to hear you had a great time!
Ive been seeing the same (not just on this website) maybe something in management there changed? weve got rezzies for sep 8th

Ive been seeing the same (not just on this website) maybe something in management there changed? weve got rezzies for sep 8th
The service I had was very experienced and efficient. The food was good and hot. Very attentive with drink refills. It seems that Blue Bayou has gotten its act together. Very friendly and efficient check-in too.

That is good to hear! We are big fans of POTC and every time as we gently float by the BB we always say that would be a fun place to eat and to soak in the atmosphere. But with the bad reviews and price it was a hard no.
Now that the winds have changed, its time to hoist the black flag and make a rezzie for our next trip in Jan. Savvy...

That is good to hear! We are big fans of POTC and every time as we gently float by the BB we always say that would be a fun place to eat and to soak in the atmosphere. But with the bad reviews and price it was a hard no.
Now that the winds have changed, its time to hoist the black flag and make a rezzie for our next trip in Jan. Savvy...
Savvy and report back in with a review, mate! And may the tide be with you!

I think you've convinced me to give BB another go too! I'm torn because the Monte Cristo and filet mignon both sound amazing (and I haven't had either). I suppose it'll depend on if I'm feeling fancy or famished 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter