• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Obc

dizneylvr7

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me what the OBC is for booking while onboard for the 4 night cruise? We booked a 4 night cruise while onboard a few weeks ago. Our paperwork says we have an OBC, but it doesn't say how much, and I can't find an amount anywhere online under our reservation #. I know it's not much, but I'd like to know how much it is.

Thanks
Tiffany

It depends on how/why you got the OBC. Different TAs offer different amounts. It could also have come from using a Disney Visa for your booking or booking on-line or all of the above!

You can find out how much you have at guest services...in addition, there should be a note in your stateroom when you board.

It depends on how/why you got the OBC. Different TAs offer different amounts. It could also have come from using a Disney Visa for your booking or booking on-line or all of the above!

You can find out how much you have at guest services...in addition, there should be a note in your stateroom when you board.

I think the poster wants to know how much the OBC is for booking a 4 night onboard. I know a 7 day is $200 but I don't know how much the 4 night is.

MJ

Nobody knows? I'm not talking about OBC from TA's or credit cards. I'm just talking about what Disney Cruise Line gives you for booking a 4 night cruise while onboard.

Thanks
Tiffany

I believe I have seen it referenced before that it is $200, but I don't know that for sure though.

Another question on this topic would be-- Is there any way to verify (prior to your cruise) that you will receive the OBCs that you think you are supposed to receive? I booked directly on Disney's website (should get $25 obc for that) and paid in full with my Disney Visa (should get another $50 obc for that). I am pretty accustomed to the philosophy that nothing ever seems to magically happen as it is supposed to, so I would really like to verify that I will receive these OBCs, and not get a nasty surprise once I get on the ship. I do understand that these obcs are just extra little bonuses and I shouldn't "count on" them to fund my trip, but, hey, to quote Sally Brown from The Peanuts..."I only want my fair share, I only want what's coming to me"' :)

Anyone know if this is possible? My guess would be that I could call DCL and ask, but that would entail at least a 15 min hold....ha ha ha!!!

The $200 is on a 7 day cruise, not a 4 day.

I know that my TA is able to verify the OBC information, but I've never been able to do it when I booked directly thru DCL other than by calling them.

IF what is in your cabin isn't what you thought you should be getting, try to clear it up before the ship sails (go to Guest Services, call your TA). Once she sails, it becomes a lot bigger deal...

::yes:: We were on a four night and booked another four night while onboard. We were in a cat 6 and rebooked a cat 6. Our OBC was listed on our ressie sheet as $100. Hope that helps.

I had booked a 7 night while onboard our last cruise, and got a $200 OBC from Disney. I just today re-booked it to a 4-night due to a schedule conflict, and the OBC is now $100 from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter