Obama's Inaguration

MommyBuzz909

Disneyland Doll
8 days and counting!!

Anybody going??

I wish I was but I am quite excited!!

Anybody else??

Nope, but I've never gone to any other president's inauguration either. I'm a bipartisan-inauguration-ignorer! ;)

Not going also. But if I lived there I would try. I would love to bring one of my boys because it is History in the making. I was not an OS but he will soon be my President and I will back him. I hope he does great things for this country and I hope he stays focused in the middle....but I would wish that for any POTUS......

Heck yeah, I'm excited! We've been counting down the days on the liberal thread. One of my DD's skating coaches is going to one of the inaugural balls with her sister. I would so love to go, but can't. I don't mind watching it on the plasma though.

They had a rehearsal today with about 3,000 people. Obama is actually going to be sworn in with Abe Lincolns Bible. How times have changed.

WOW!! That's amazing!!

I'm going in March (to DC) and a girl at my congressman's office is trying to get me White House tour tickets. I hope I have a chance to at least be in the same building at him - he is amazing!! I am glad that we finally (will have) somebody running our country that the younger generation can finally believe in. I was let down the last 2 elections, but I am glad that my vote finally counted!!

I can't wait to watch!!

You couldn't pay me to be there will all those people! LOL - Especially out in the freezing cold! It would be like going to the Magic Kingdom on New Year's Eve with quadruple the crowd! (only guessing here about crowd size....)

I'll be TiVoing it - probably most of the morning and day (I did this for the Clinton inauguration (it was the first time my guy won)) on C-Span - it was really interesting.

I'll also be TiVoing C-Span's inaugural ball coverage.

I'm a history junkie (I didn't tape Bush's, but I did check in on a few minutes of the inaugural ball coverage....

Forgot to add - two of my friend's from work are going. I told them they were nuts! ;)

I second the crowd thing! But a part of me would still love to go-I would party like a BaROCK Star!!!

:lmao: sorry guys I have been waiting to use that-I'm such a dork-I should never try to act cool.......:3dglasses

I second the crowd thing! But a part of me would still love to go-I would party like a BaROCK Star!!!

:lmao: sorry guys I have been waiting to use that-I'm such a dork-I should never try to act cool.......:3dglasses

That's WAY cool! I think you're so much more awesome for saying it!! Us Dems/Libs aren't afraid to express ourselves!!

That's WAY cool! I think you're so much more awesome for saying it!! Us Dems/Libs aren't afraid to express ourselves!!

Yeah but it rarely works out for me.Trying to use slang that is. I once told someone to keep it on the "DQ". He said you want me to keep it on the Dairy Queen??

But the speaking my mind-no problems(alright a few foot in mouth experiences here and there:rolleyes1 ) there.;)

Don't apologize! We need to keep our sense of humor amidst these tough times. Barack-n-Roll, baby! :rockband: party:

They are predicting 2 million people. My Sis-in-laws family lives there. Her sister and husband just bought a condo in downtown DC with Pennsylvania Ave. as a cross street. I haven't even thought about asking what they are going to do.

LUCKY!! Take pics and post when you get back!!!
Of course!

I'll be staying with some friends close to GWU and taking the metro around the district. I seriously got the deal of the century on my room. The owners of the house are former classmates of mine from my high school in PR that got married. I am bringing with me a case of a very hard to find rum in return for 2 nights in their guest room.

I'm going to DC in March and staying right by GWU too! Way cool!

You should give Obama a bottle of rum - it should make the headache of running this country slightly less painful!

Alcohol makes everything better!!

I live in the area but am not going because they are making it fairly impossible to get into DC if you live in Virginia. They are closing all the bridges from VA into DC and several miles of the roads leading up to those bridges. That leaves me with one choice of Metro stop to get into town and I'm sure it will be a nightmare.

I guess I'll be watching my TV! My mom goes to EVERY Inauguration but she won't be going this year due to the restrictions.

I just received a phone call last night asking if I want to go. Unfortunately (I realize it is crazy describing it that way) I am going to Disney the following week and missing almost two weeks of work is too hard to swing. My neighbor just received his press pack and is really rubbing it in that I am going to go see a mouse over the President. I can say that I am not sad about missing the balls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter